Windows 1903

Don H

Just installed Windows 1903 and everything went smooth and everything is working fine.  Took about a hour and a half to complete the update.  Only issue was the volume being reset after the update was complete but it seems that this happens after each of the major updates.

Hmmph I am still waiting for windows ultra slow upgrade assistant to grind the installer to the first reboot cycle, its been grinding 1% per hour from 80% on this amd, disgusting!

On 22/05/2019 11:40 AM, Don H wrote:
Just installed Windows 1903 and everything went smooth and everything is working fine.  Took about a hour and a half to complete the update.  Only issue was the volume being reset after the update was complete but it seems that this happens after each of the major updates.

Ian Westerland

Hello. Sounds good. Does the new version have the new Microsoft Browser? I have heardd that the Browser is designed similarly to Chrome. As long as the Windows works with NVDA I'll be happy.

Ian Westerland

On 5/22/2019 9:40 AM, Don H wrote:
Just installed Windows 1903 and everything went smooth and everything is working fine.  Took about a hour and a half to complete the update. Only issue was the volume being reset after the update was complete but it seems that this happens after each of the major updates.

Hi,
Nope, the old Edge is still present.
Cheers,
Joseph

On 5/22/2019 9:40 AM, Don H wrote:
Just installed Windows 1903 and everything went smooth and everything
is working fine. Took about a hour and a half to complete the update.
Only issue was the volume being reset after the update was complete
but it seems that this happens after each of the major updates.

Ibrahim Abedrabbo

What is windows 1903? I thought the last version of windows is windows ten. Or is windows 1903 is a special release for tablets and other mobile devices?

On 5/22/2019 9:40 AM, Don H wrote:
Just installed Windows 1903 and everything went smooth and everything is working fine.  Took about a hour and a half to complete the update. Only issue was the volume being reset after the update was complete but it seems that this happens after each of the major updates.

Hi,

It is a shorthand for Windows 10 Version 1903. Windows 10 is indeed the “last major” version of Windows as far as old ways of maintenance is concerned; Windows 10 uses continuous delivery, and since 2017, major upgrades to Windows 10 (termed “feature updates”) are released twice a year.

Cheers,

Joseph

On 5/22/2019 9:40 AM, Don H wrote:

Just installed Windows 1903 and everything went smooth and everything is working fine.  Took about a hour and a half to complete the update. Only issue was the volume being reset after the update was complete but it seems that this happens after each of the major updates.

Ian Westerland

HI! Windows 10 is the Windows system version and 1903 is a Serial number that takes into account all the patches, fixes and other developments under the Windows system.

Hope that helps.

Ian Westerland

On 5/22/2019 9:40 AM, Don H wrote:
Just installed Windows 1903 and everything went smooth and everything is working fine.  Took about a hour and a half to complete the update. Only issue was the volume being reset after the update was complete but it seems that this happens after each of the major updates.

Ibrahim Abedrabbo

Thanks a million, I got it.

On 5/22/2019 9:40 AM, Don H wrote:
Just installed Windows 1903 and everything went smooth and everything is working fine. Took about a hour and a half to complete the update. Only issue was the volume being reset after the update was complete but it seems that this happens after each of the major updates.

Hi,
Actually, that definition may need an update:
* Windows 10: the current version of Windows at the moment.
* Version 1903: technically called "release ID" that denotes when a particular snapshot of Windows 10 is released to the general public, denoting year and month of its target completion; in this case, March 2019, which did happen; it was tested by testers for a long time since then.
When we Windows 10 users talk about releases, we usually omit "Windows 10" from our communication, hence you'll see us use abbreviations such as "Version 1903" or just 1903. This will become a bit confusing for the next few weeks as Microsoft is currently working on the "next" big one that's planned for release around this time next year; bits of it will show up later this year in the form of another feature update.
Cheers,
Joseph