Topics

braille edge


Ashley Wayne
 

Hi all,

Could anyone tell me of their experiences using NVDA with the Braille Edge from HIMS?  I’m considering purchasing one but would just love some personal feedback.  Does it work well specifically for editing documents?  Thanks so much.

Ashley

 

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 


Virus-free. www.avg.com


Robert Doc Wright godfearer
 

I have been using mine now for a year this month. Before this my last braille display was the Braille Light 40 back in 99. I gave it back because I was taking programming classes and it would not have helped me in that effort as far as being able to run the program I wrote. The BrailleEdge40 I am enjoying for both reading and writing. Be aware that if you are also wanting to go on-line then you will either have to Bluetooth it to your phone or connect it to your pc. It does not have these capabilities on its own. Its  memory is based on the size of the SD card you install. Let me know if I can help in any other way.

 

                                                                                                                                If all I have left in this world is God, I have everything!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Ashley Wayne
Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2019 10:20 PM
To: Nvda
Subject: [nvda] braille edge

 

Hi all,

Could anyone tell me of their experiences using NVDA with the Braille Edge from HIMS?  I’m considering purchasing one but would just love some personal feedback.  Does it work well specifically for editing documents?  Thanks so much.

Ashley

 

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

 

Virus-free. www.avg.com

 


Cecelia Rodriguez <cessbraille@...>
 

             

                             I love my braille edge with NVDA.                                         rent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Robert Doc Wright godfearer       
Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2019 6:25 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] braille edge

 

I have been using mine now for a year this month. Before this my last braille display was the Braille Light 40 back in 99. I gave it back because I was taking programming classes and it would not have helped me in that effort as far as being able to run the program I wrote. The BrailleEdge40 I am enjoying for both reading and writing. Be aware that if you are also wanting to go on-line then you will either have to Bluetooth it to your phone or connect it to your pc. It does not have these capabilities on its own. Its  memory is based on the size of the SD card you install. Let me know if I can help in any other way.

 

                                                                                                                                If all I have left in this world is God, I have everything!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Ashley Wayne
Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2019 10:20 PM
To: Nvda
Subject: [nvda] braille edge

 

Hi all,

Could anyone tell me of their experiences using NVDA with the Braille Edge from HIMS?  I’m considering purchasing one but would just love some personal feedback.  Does it work well specifically for editing documents?  Thanks so much.

Ashley

 

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

 

Virus-free. www.avg.com

 

 


Fernando Apan
 

Hello. For me, working with my braille edge and NVDA has been a very good experience, however, the arrow keys doesn’t seem to work with NVDA as they do in other screen readers. Does anybody know if they have fixed this problem so far?
Fernando Apan

Enviado desde mi iPhone

El 22 may 2019, a las 8:39, Cecelia Rodriguez <cessbraille@...> escribió:

             

                             I love my braille edge with NVDA.                                         rent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Robert Doc Wright godfearer       
Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2019 6:25 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] braille edge

 

I have been using mine now for a year this month. Before this my last braille display was the Braille Light 40 back in 99. I gave it back because I was taking programming classes and it would not have helped me in that effort as far as being able to run the program I wrote. The BrailleEdge40 I am enjoying for both reading and writing. Be aware that if you are also wanting to go on-line then you will either have to Bluetooth it to your phone or connect it to your pc. It does not have these capabilities on its own. Its  memory is based on the size of the SD card you install. Let me know if I can help in any other way.

 

                                                                                                                                If all I have left in this world is God, I have everything!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Ashley Wayne
Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2019 10:20 PM
To: Nvda
Subject: [nvda] braille edge

 

Hi all,

Could anyone tell me of their experiences using NVDA with the Braille Edge from HIMS?  I’m considering purchasing one but would just love some personal feedback.  Does it work well specifically for editing documents?  Thanks so much.

Ashley

 

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

 

Virus-free. www.avg.com

 

 


 

I am a literary braille proofreader and use Braille Edge for my work.
The main drawback I encountered so far is that occasionally it shows
an empty line where it's not supposed to be.
I have already let the HIMS no about this and hopefully it will be fixed soon.
It can also be used as a standalone notetaker, but limitted to text
and brf files.
Nevzat

On 5/22/19, Fernando Apan <ferapan@...> wrote:
Hello. For me, working with my braille edge and NVDA has been a very good
experience, however, the arrow keys doesn’t seem to work with NVDA as they
do in other screen readers. Does anybody know if they have fixed this
problem so far?
Fernando Apan

Enviado desde mi iPhone

El 22 may 2019, a las 8:39, Cecelia Rodriguez <cessbraille@...>
escribió:


I love my braille edge with NVDA.
rent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Robert Doc Wright godfearer
Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2019 6:25 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] braille edge

I have been using mine now for a year this month. Before this my last
braille display was the Braille Light 40 back in 99. I gave it back
because I was taking programming classes and it would not have helped me
in that effort as far as being able to run the program I wrote. The
BrailleEdge40 I am enjoying for both reading and writing. Be aware that if
you are also wanting to go on-line then you will either have to Bluetooth
it to your phone or connect it to your pc. It does not have these
capabilities on its own. Its memory is based on the size of the SD card
you install. Let me know if I can help in any other way.


If all I have left in
this world is God, I have everything!




Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Ashley Wayne
Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2019 10:20 PM
To: Nvda
Subject: [nvda] braille edge

Hi all,
Could anyone tell me of their experiences using NVDA with the Braille Edge
from HIMS? I’m considering purchasing one but would just love some
personal feedback. Does it work well specifically for editing documents?
Thanks so much.
Ashley


Sent from Mail for Windows 10



Virus-free. www.avg.com




--
Nevzat Adil
Library of Congress Certified Braille Proofreader
C: 512 502 4403
e-mail: @Nev
Facebook: m.facebook.com/LiteraryBrailleProofreader


Robert Doc Wright godfearer
 

Is the rest of the text appearing after that? Or is the blank line appearing instead of the text that should be there?

 

                                                                                                                                If all I have left in this world is God, I have everything!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Nevzat Adil
Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2019 1:02 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] braille edge

 

I am a literary braille proofreader and use Braille Edge for my work.

The main drawback I encountered so far is that occasionally it shows

an empty line where it's not supposed to be.

I have already let the HIMS no about this and hopefully it will be fixed soon.

It can also be used as a standalone notetaker, but limitted to text

and brf files.

Nevzat

 

 

On 5/22/19, Fernando Apan <ferapan@...> wrote:

> Hello. For me, working with my braille edge and NVDA has been a very good

> experience, however, the arrow keys doesn’t seem to work with NVDA as they

> do in other screen readers. Does anybody know if they have fixed this

> problem so far?

> Fernando Apan

> Enviado desde mi iPhone

>> El 22 may 2019, a las 8:39, Cecelia Rodriguez <cessbraille@...>

>> escribió:

>> 

>> 

>>                              I love my braille edge with NVDA.

>>                             rent from Mail for Windows 10

>> 

>> From: Robert Doc Wright godfearer

>> Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2019 6:25 AM

>> To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

>> Subject: Re: [nvda] braille edge

>> 

>> I have been using mine now for a year this month. Before this my last

>> braille display was the Braille Light 40 back in 99. I gave it back

>> because I was taking programming classes and it would not have helped me

>> in that effort as far as being able to run the program I wrote. The

>> BrailleEdge40 I am enjoying for both reading and writing. Be aware that if

>> you are also wanting to go on-line then you will either have to Bluetooth

>> it to your phone or connect it to your pc. It does not have these

>> capabilities on its own. Its  memory is based on the size of the SD card

>> you install. Let me know if I can help in any other way.

>> 

>> 

>>                                                      If all I have left in

>> this world is God, I have everything!

>> 

>> 

>> 

>> 

>> Sent from Mail for Windows 10

>> 

>> From: Ashley Wayne

>> Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2019 10:20 PM

>> To: Nvda

>> Subject: [nvda] braille edge

>> 

>> Hi all,

>> Could anyone tell me of their experiences using NVDA with the Braille Edge

>> from HIMS?  I’m considering purchasing one but would just love some

>> personal feedback.  Does it work well specifically for editing documents?

>> Thanks so much.

>> Ashley

>> 

>> 

>> Sent from Mail for Windows 10

>> 

>> 

>> 

>> Virus-free. www.avg.com

>> 

>> 

>> 

>

 

 

--

Nevzat Adil

Library of Congress Certified Braille Proofreader

C: 512 502 4403

e-mail: nevzatadil@...

Facebook: m.facebook.com/LiteraryBrailleProofreader

 

 

 


 

The text appears after the blank line.
Mostly the blank line is at the top of the braille page, but sometimes
it happens in the middle as well.

On 5/22/19, Robert Doc Wright godfearer <godfearer@...> wrote:
Is the rest of the text appearing after that? Or is the blank line appearing
instead of the text that should be there?


If all I have left in this world is God, I have
everything!


                Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Nevzat Adil
Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2019 1:02 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] braille edge

I am a literary braille proofreader and use Braille Edge for my work.
The main drawback I encountered so far is that occasionally it shows
an empty line where it's not supposed to be.
I have already let the HIMS no about this and hopefully it will be fixed
soon.
It can also be used as a standalone notetaker, but limitted to text
and brf files.
Nevzat


On 5/22/19, Fernando Apan <ferapan@...> wrote:
Hello. For me, working with my braille edge and NVDA has been a very good
experience, however, the arrow keys doesn’t seem to work with NVDA as
they
do in other screen readers. Does anybody know if they have fixed this
problem so far?
Fernando Apan

Enviado desde mi iPhone

El 22 may 2019, a las 8:39, Cecelia Rodriguez <cessbraille@...>
escribió:


I love my braille edge with NVDA.
rent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Robert Doc Wright godfearer
Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2019 6:25 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] braille edge

I have been using mine now for a year this month. Before this my last
braille display was the Braille Light 40 back in 99. I gave it back
because I was taking programming classes and it would not have helped me
in that effort as far as being able to run the program I wrote. The
BrailleEdge40 I am enjoying for both reading and writing. Be aware that
if
you are also wanting to go on-line then you will either have to
Bluetooth
it to your phone or connect it to your pc. It does not have these
capabilities on its own. Its memory is based on the size of the SD card
you install. Let me know if I can help in any other way.


If all I have left
in
this world is God, I have everything!




Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Ashley Wayne
Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2019 10:20 PM
To: Nvda
Subject: [nvda] braille edge

Hi all,
Could anyone tell me of their experiences using NVDA with the Braille
Edge
from HIMS? I’m considering purchasing one but would just love some
personal feedback. Does it work well specifically for editing
documents?
Thanks so much.
Ashley


Sent from Mail for Windows 10



Virus-free. www.avg.com





--
Nevzat Adil
Library of Congress Certified Braille Proofreader
C: 512 502 4403
e-mail: @Nev
Facebook: m.facebook.com/LiteraryBrailleProofreader







--
Nevzat Adil
Library of Congress Certified Braille Proofreader
C: 512 502 4403
e-mail: @Nev
Facebook: m.facebook.com/LiteraryBrailleProofreader


Grant Metcalf
 

I had a Braille Edge and now have a QBraille XL. I also notice that from time to time there seems to be a blank line while reading. This always seems to be at the end of a paragraph or a hard return. When I up arrow it often goes away. However, I haven't used this with NVDA so far.
Grant

-----Original Message-----
From: Nevzat Adil
Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2019 12:01 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] braille edge

I am a literary braille proofreader and use Braille Edge for my work.
The main drawback I encountered so far is that occasionally it shows
an empty line where it's not supposed to be.
I have already let the HIMS no about this and hopefully it will be fixed soon.
It can also be used as a standalone notetaker, but limitted to text
and brf files.
Nevzat


On 5/22/19, Fernando Apan <ferapan@...> wrote:
Hello. For me, working with my braille edge and NVDA has been a very good
experience, however, the arrow keys doesn???t seem to work with NVDA as they
do in other screen readers. Does anybody know if they have fixed this
problem so far?
Fernando Apan

Enviado desde mi iPhone

El 22 may 2019, a las 8:39, Cecelia Rodriguez <cessbraille@...>
escribi??:


I love my braille edge with NVDA.
rent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Robert Doc Wright godfearer
Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2019 6:25 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] braille edge

I have been using mine now for a year this month. Before this my last
braille display was the Braille Light 40 back in 99. I gave it back
because I was taking programming classes and it would not have helped me
in that effort as far as being able to run the program I wrote. The
BrailleEdge40 I am enjoying for both reading and writing. Be aware that if
you are also wanting to go on-line then you will either have to Bluetooth
it to your phone or connect it to your pc. It does not have these
capabilities on its own. Its memory is based on the size of the SD card
you install. Let me know if I can help in any other way.


If all I have left in
this world is God, I have everything!




Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Ashley Wayne
Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2019 10:20 PM
To: Nvda
Subject: [nvda] braille edge

Hi all,
Could anyone tell me of their experiences using NVDA with the Braille Edge
from HIMS? I???m considering purchasing one but would just love some
personal feedback. Does it work well specifically for editing documents?
Thanks so much.
Ashley


Sent from Mail for Windows 10



Virus-free. www.avg.com





--
Nevzat Adil
Library of Congress Certified Braille Proofreader
C: 512 502 4403
e-mail: @Nev
Facebook: m.facebook.com/LiteraryBrailleProofreader


Mallard
 

Talking about Braille Edge, a friend of mine pointed out to me that in the latest version of NVDA there are no more drivers for Hims devices.


She has a BrailleSense, and doesn't know how to connect it to her pc after NVDA updated.


Could anyone help, please?


Thanks in advance.

Ciao,

Ollie

Il 23/05/2019 01:06, Grant Metcalf ha scritto:
I had a Braille Edge and now have a QBraille XL.  I also notice that from time to time there seems to be a blank line while reading. This always seems to be at the end of a paragraph or a hard return. When I up arrow it often goes away. However, I haven't used this with NVDA so far.
Grant


-----Original Message----- From: Nevzat Adil
Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2019 12:01 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] braille edge

I am a literary braille proofreader and use Braille Edge for my work.
The main drawback I encountered so far is that occasionally it shows
an empty line where it's not supposed to be.
I have already let the HIMS no about this and hopefully it will be fixed soon.
It can also be used as a standalone notetaker, but limitted to text
and brf files.
Nevzat


On 5/22/19, Fernando Apan <ferapan@...> wrote:
Hello. For me, working with my braille edge and NVDA has been a very good
experience, however, the arrow keys doesn???t seem to work with NVDA as they
do in other screen readers. Does anybody know if they have fixed this
problem so far?
Fernando Apan

Enviado desde mi iPhone

El 22 may 2019, a las 8:39, Cecelia Rodriguez <cessbraille@...>
escribi??:


                             I love my braille edge with NVDA.
                            rent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Robert Doc Wright godfearer
Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2019 6:25 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] braille edge

I have been using mine now for a year this month. Before this my last
braille display was the Braille Light 40 back in 99. I gave it back
because I was taking programming classes and it would not have helped me
in that effort as far as being able to run the program I wrote. The
BrailleEdge40 I am enjoying for both reading and writing. Be aware that if
you are also wanting to go on-line then you will either have to Bluetooth
it to your phone or connect it to your pc. It does not have these
capabilities on its own. Its  memory is based on the size of the SD card
you install. Let me know if I can help in any other way.


                                                     If all I have left in
this world is God, I have everything!




Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Ashley Wayne
Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2019 10:20 PM
To: Nvda
Subject: [nvda] braille edge

Hi all,
Could anyone tell me of their experiences using NVDA with the Braille Edge
from HIMS?  I???m considering purchasing one but would just love some
personal feedback.  Does it work well specifically for editing documents?
Thanks so much.
Ashley


Sent from Mail for Windows 10



Virus-free. www.avg.com





 

She should press NVDA+n, down arow to preferences, right arrow to
settings enter on settings, down arro to braille, tap to braille
properties and choose the braille display and tap to okay and press
enter. One also may choose automatic instead of a particular braille
display.

On 5/23/19, Mallard <mallard@...> wrote:
Talking about Braille Edge, a friend of mine pointed out to me that in
the latest version of NVDA there are no more drivers for Hims devices.


She has a BrailleSense, and doesn't know how to connect it to her pc
after NVDA updated.


Could anyone help, please?


Thanks in advance.

Ciao,

Ollie




Il 23/05/2019 01:06, Grant Metcalf ha scritto:
I had a Braille Edge and now have a QBraille XL.  I also notice that
from time to time there seems to be a blank line while reading. This
always seems to be at the end of a paragraph or a hard return. When I
up arrow it often goes away. However, I haven't used this with NVDA so
far.
Grant


-----Original Message----- From: Nevzat Adil
Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2019 12:01 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] braille edge

I am a literary braille proofreader and use Braille Edge for my work.
The main drawback I encountered so far is that occasionally it shows
an empty line where it's not supposed to be.
I have already let the HIMS no about this and hopefully it will be
fixed soon.
It can also be used as a standalone notetaker, but limitted to text
and brf files.
Nevzat


On 5/22/19, Fernando Apan <ferapan@...> wrote:
Hello. For me, working with my braille edge and NVDA has been a very
good
experience, however, the arrow keys doesn???t seem to work with NVDA
as they
do in other screen readers. Does anybody know if they have fixed this
problem so far?
Fernando Apan

Enviado desde mi iPhone

El 22 may 2019, a las 8:39, Cecelia Rodriguez <cessbraille@...>
escribi??:


                             I love my braille edge with NVDA.
                            rent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Robert Doc Wright godfearer
Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2019 6:25 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] braille edge

I have been using mine now for a year this month. Before this my last
braille display was the Braille Light 40 back in 99. I gave it back
because I was taking programming classes and it would not have
helped me
in that effort as far as being able to run the program I wrote. The
BrailleEdge40 I am enjoying for both reading and writing. Be aware
that if
you are also wanting to go on-line then you will either have to
Bluetooth
it to your phone or connect it to your pc. It does not have these
capabilities on its own. Its  memory is based on the size of the SD
card
you install. Let me know if I can help in any other way.


                                                     If all I have
left in
this world is God, I have everything!




Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Ashley Wayne
Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2019 10:20 PM
To: Nvda
Subject: [nvda] braille edge

Hi all,
Could anyone tell me of their experiences using NVDA with the
Braille Edge
from HIMS?  I???m considering purchasing one but would just love some
personal feedback.  Does it work well specifically for editing
documents?
Thanks so much.
Ashley


Sent from Mail for Windows 10



Virus-free. www.avg.com






--
Nevzat Adil
Library of Congress Certified Braille Proofreader
C: 512 502 4403
e-mail: @Nev
Facebook: m.facebook.com/LiteraryBrailleProofreader


 

While checking the NVDA braille display list I noticed that HIMS is no
longer there. But if one chooses automatic NVDA sees Braille edge.

On 5/23/19, Nevzat Adil via Groups.Io <nevzatadil=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
She should press NVDA+n, down arow to preferences, right arrow to
settings enter on settings, down arro to braille, tap to braille
properties and choose the braille display and tap to okay and press
enter. One also may choose automatic instead of a particular braille
display.

On 5/23/19, Mallard <mallard@...> wrote:
Talking about Braille Edge, a friend of mine pointed out to me that in
the latest version of NVDA there are no more drivers for Hims devices.


She has a BrailleSense, and doesn't know how to connect it to her pc
after NVDA updated.


Could anyone help, please?


Thanks in advance.

Ciao,

Ollie




Il 23/05/2019 01:06, Grant Metcalf ha scritto:
I had a Braille Edge and now have a QBraille XL.  I also notice that
from time to time there seems to be a blank line while reading. This
always seems to be at the end of a paragraph or a hard return. When I
up arrow it often goes away. However, I haven't used this with NVDA so
far.
Grant


-----Original Message----- From: Nevzat Adil
Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2019 12:01 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] braille edge

I am a literary braille proofreader and use Braille Edge for my work.
The main drawback I encountered so far is that occasionally it shows
an empty line where it's not supposed to be.
I have already let the HIMS no about this and hopefully it will be
fixed soon.
It can also be used as a standalone notetaker, but limitted to text
and brf files.
Nevzat


On 5/22/19, Fernando Apan <ferapan@...> wrote:
Hello. For me, working with my braille edge and NVDA has been a very
good
experience, however, the arrow keys doesn???t seem to work with NVDA
as they
do in other screen readers. Does anybody know if they have fixed this
problem so far?
Fernando Apan

Enviado desde mi iPhone

El 22 may 2019, a las 8:39, Cecelia Rodriguez <cessbraille@...>
escribi??:


                             I love my braille edge with NVDA.
                            rent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Robert Doc Wright godfearer
Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2019 6:25 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] braille edge

I have been using mine now for a year this month. Before this my last
braille display was the Braille Light 40 back in 99. I gave it back
because I was taking programming classes and it would not have
helped me
in that effort as far as being able to run the program I wrote. The
BrailleEdge40 I am enjoying for both reading and writing. Be aware
that if
you are also wanting to go on-line then you will either have to
Bluetooth
it to your phone or connect it to your pc. It does not have these
capabilities on its own. Its  memory is based on the size of the SD
card
you install. Let me know if I can help in any other way.


                                                     If all I have
left in
this world is God, I have everything!




Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Ashley Wayne
Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2019 10:20 PM
To: Nvda
Subject: [nvda] braille edge

Hi all,
Could anyone tell me of their experiences using NVDA with the
Braille Edge
from HIMS?  I???m considering purchasing one but would just love some
personal feedback.  Does it work well specifically for editing
documents?
Thanks so much.
Ashley


Sent from Mail for Windows 10



Virus-free. www.avg.com







--
Nevzat Adil
Library of Congress Certified Braille Proofreader
C: 512 502 4403
e-mail: @Nev
Facebook: m.facebook.com/LiteraryBrailleProofreader



--
Nevzat Adil
Library of Congress Certified Braille Proofreader
C: 512 502 4403
e-mail: @Nev
Facebook: m.facebook.com/LiteraryBrailleProofreader


Mallard
 

No... Hims is no longer there... But thanks for the automatic option. I'll pass it on.

Ciao,

Ollie

Il 23/05/2019 14:33, Nevzat Adil ha scritto:
While checking the NVDA braille display list I noticed that HIMS is no
longer there. But if one chooses automatic NVDA sees Braille edge.


On 5/23/19, Nevzat Adil via Groups.Io <nevzatadil=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
She should press NVDA+n, down arow to preferences, right arrow to
settings enter on settings, down arro to braille, tap to braille
properties and choose the braille display and tap to okay and press
enter. One also may choose automatic instead of a particular braille
display.

On 5/23/19, Mallard <mallard@...> wrote:
Talking about Braille Edge, a friend of mine pointed out to me that in
the latest version of NVDA there are no more drivers for Hims devices.


She has a BrailleSense, and doesn't know how to connect it to her pc
after NVDA updated.


Could anyone help, please?


Thanks in advance.

Ciao,

Ollie




Il 23/05/2019 01:06, Grant Metcalf ha scritto:
I had a Braille Edge and now have a QBraille XL.  I also notice that
from time to time there seems to be a blank line while reading. This
always seems to be at the end of a paragraph or a hard return. When I
up arrow it often goes away. However, I haven't used this with NVDA so
far.
Grant


-----Original Message----- From: Nevzat Adil
Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2019 12:01 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] braille edge

I am a literary braille proofreader and use Braille Edge for my work.
The main drawback I encountered so far is that occasionally it shows
an empty line where it's not supposed to be.
I have already let the HIMS no about this and hopefully it will be
fixed soon.
It can also be used as a standalone notetaker, but limitted to text
and brf files.
Nevzat


On 5/22/19, Fernando Apan <ferapan@...> wrote:
Hello. For me, working with my braille edge and NVDA has been a very
good
experience, however, the arrow keys doesn???t seem to work with NVDA
as they
do in other screen readers. Does anybody know if they have fixed this
problem so far?
Fernando Apan

Enviado desde mi iPhone

El 22 may 2019, a las 8:39, Cecelia Rodriguez <cessbraille@...>
escribi??:


                             I love my braille edge with NVDA.
                            rent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Robert Doc Wright godfearer
Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2019 6:25 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] braille edge

I have been using mine now for a year this month. Before this my last
braille display was the Braille Light 40 back in 99. I gave it back
because I was taking programming classes and it would not have
helped me
in that effort as far as being able to run the program I wrote. The
BrailleEdge40 I am enjoying for both reading and writing. Be aware
that if
you are also wanting to go on-line then you will either have to
Bluetooth
it to your phone or connect it to your pc. It does not have these
capabilities on its own. Its  memory is based on the size of the SD
card
you install. Let me know if I can help in any other way.


                                                     If all I have
left in
this world is God, I have everything!




Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Ashley Wayne
Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2019 10:20 PM
To: Nvda
Subject: [nvda] braille edge

Hi all,
Could anyone tell me of their experiences using NVDA with the
Braille Edge
from HIMS?  I???m considering purchasing one but would just love some
personal feedback.  Does it work well specifically for editing
documents?
Thanks so much.
Ashley


Sent from Mail for Windows 10



Virus-free. www.avg.com




--
Nevzat Adil
Library of Congress Certified Braille Proofreader
C: 512 502 4403
e-mail: @Nev
Facebook: m.facebook.com/LiteraryBrailleProofreader




Fernando Apan
 

Good morning. Does anyone know why is the reason that NVDA is not including Hims braille displays on their list? That is not very good, at least for those who have a braille edge like myself. What would happen in future upgrades?
Regards.
Fernando Apan

Enviado desde mi iPhone

El 23 may 2019, a las 7:47, Mallard <mallard@...> escribió:

No... Hims is no longer there... But thanks for the automatic option. I'll pass it on.

Ciao,

Ollie




Il 23/05/2019 14:33, Nevzat Adil ha scritto:
While checking the NVDA braille display list I noticed that HIMS is no
longer there. But if one chooses automatic NVDA sees Braille edge.


On 5/23/19, Nevzat Adil via Groups.Io <nevzatadil=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
She should press NVDA+n, down arow to preferences, right arrow to
settings enter on settings, down arro to braille, tap to braille
properties and choose the braille display and tap to okay and press
enter. One also may choose automatic instead of a particular braille
display.

On 5/23/19, Mallard <mallard@...> wrote:
Talking about Braille Edge, a friend of mine pointed out to me that in
the latest version of NVDA there are no more drivers for Hims devices.


She has a BrailleSense, and doesn't know how to connect it to her pc
after NVDA updated.


Could anyone help, please?


Thanks in advance.

Ciao,

Ollie




Il 23/05/2019 01:06, Grant Metcalf ha scritto:
I had a Braille Edge and now have a QBraille XL. I also notice that
from time to time there seems to be a blank line while reading. This
always seems to be at the end of a paragraph or a hard return. When I
up arrow it often goes away. However, I haven't used this with NVDA so
far.
Grant


-----Original Message----- From: Nevzat Adil
Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2019 12:01 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] braille edge

I am a literary braille proofreader and use Braille Edge for my work.
The main drawback I encountered so far is that occasionally it shows
an empty line where it's not supposed to be.
I have already let the HIMS no about this and hopefully it will be
fixed soon.
It can also be used as a standalone notetaker, but limitted to text
and brf files.
Nevzat


On 5/22/19, Fernando Apan <ferapan@...> wrote:
Hello. For me, working with my braille edge and NVDA has been a very
good
experience, however, the arrow keys doesn???t seem to work with NVDA
as they
do in other screen readers. Does anybody know if they have fixed this
problem so far?
Fernando Apan

Enviado desde mi iPhone

El 22 may 2019, a las 8:39, Cecelia Rodriguez <cessbraille@...>
escribi??:


I love my braille edge with NVDA.
rent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Robert Doc Wright godfearer
Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2019 6:25 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] braille edge

I have been using mine now for a year this month. Before this my last
braille display was the Braille Light 40 back in 99. I gave it back
because I was taking programming classes and it would not have
helped me
in that effort as far as being able to run the program I wrote. The
BrailleEdge40 I am enjoying for both reading and writing. Be aware
that if
you are also wanting to go on-line then you will either have to
Bluetooth
it to your phone or connect it to your pc. It does not have these
capabilities on its own. Its memory is based on the size of the SD
card
you install. Let me know if I can help in any other way.


If all I have
left in
this world is God, I have everything!




Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Ashley Wayne
Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2019 10:20 PM
To: Nvda
Subject: [nvda] braille edge

Hi all,
Could anyone tell me of their experiences using NVDA with the
Braille Edge
from HIMS? I???m considering purchasing one but would just love some
personal feedback. Does it work well specifically for editing
documents?
Thanks so much.
Ashley


Sent from Mail for Windows 10



Virus-free. www.avg.com




--
Nevzat Adil
Library of Congress Certified Braille Proofreader
C: 512 502 4403
e-mail: @Nev
Facebook: m.facebook.com/LiteraryBrailleProofreader





Robert Doc Wright godfearer
 

Automatic does not work for me. I have the BrailleEdge40

 

 

                                                                                                                                If all I have left in this world is God, I have everything!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Nevzat Adil
Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2019 6:33 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] braille edge

 

While checking the NVDA braille display list I noticed that HIMS is no

longer there. But if one chooses automatic NVDA sees Braille edge.

 

 

On 5/23/19, Nevzat Adil via Groups.Io <nevzatadil@...> wrote:

> She should press NVDA+n, down arow to preferences, right arrow to

> settings enter on settings, down arro to braille, tap to braille

> properties and choose the braille display and tap to okay and press

> enter. One also may choose automatic instead of a particular braille

> display.

> On 5/23/19, Mallard <mallard@...> wrote:

>> Talking about Braille Edge, a friend of mine pointed out to me that in

>> the latest version of NVDA there are no more drivers for Hims devices.

>> 

>> 

>> She has a BrailleSense, and doesn't know how to connect it to her pc

>> after NVDA updated.

>> 

>> 

>> Could anyone help, please?

>> 

>> 

>> Thanks in advance.

>> 

>> Ciao,

>> 

>> Ollie

>> 

>> 

>> 

>> 

>> Il 23/05/2019 01:06, Grant Metcalf ha scritto:

>>> I had a Braille Edge and now have a QBraille XL.  I also notice that

>>> from time to time there seems to be a blank line while reading. This

>>> always seems to be at the end of a paragraph or a hard return. When I

>>> up arrow it often goes away. However, I haven't used this with NVDA so

>>> far.

>>> Grant

>>> 

>>> 

>>> -----Original Message----- From: Nevzat Adil

>>> Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2019 12:01 PM

>>> To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

>>> Subject: Re: [nvda] braille edge

>>> 

>>> I am a literary braille proofreader and use Braille Edge for my work.

>>> The main drawback I encountered so far is that occasionally it shows

>>> an empty line where it's not supposed to be.

>>> I have already let the HIMS no about this and hopefully it will be

>>> fixed soon.

>>> It can also be used as a standalone notetaker, but limitted to text

>>> and brf files.

>>> Nevzat

>>> 

>>> 

>>> On 5/22/19, Fernando Apan <ferapan@...> wrote:

>>>> Hello. For me, working with my braille edge and NVDA has been a very

>>>> good

>>>> experience, however, the arrow keys doesn???t seem to work with NVDA

>>>> as they

>>>> do in other screen readers. Does anybody know if they have fixed this

>>>> problem so far?

>>>> Fernando Apan

>>>> 

>>>> Enviado desde mi iPhone

>>>> 

>>>>> El 22 may 2019, a las 8:39, Cecelia Rodriguez <cessbraille@...>

>>>>> escribi??:

>>>>> 

>>>>> 

>>>>>                              I love my braille edge with NVDA.

>>>>>                             rent from Mail for Windows 10

>>>>> 

>>>>> From: Robert Doc Wright godfearer

>>>>> Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2019 6:25 AM

>>>>> To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

>>>>> Subject: Re: [nvda] braille edge

>>>>> 

>>>>> I have been using mine now for a year this month. Before this my last

>>>>> braille display was the Braille Light 40 back in 99. I gave it back

>>>>> because I was taking programming classes and it would not have

>>>>> helped me

>>>>> in that effort as far as being able to run the program I wrote. The

>>>>> BrailleEdge40 I am enjoying for both reading and writing. Be aware

>>>>> that if

>>>>> you are also wanting to go on-line then you will either have to

>>>>> Bluetooth

>>>>> it to your phone or connect it to your pc. It does not have these

>>>>> capabilities on its own. Its  memory is based on the size of the SD

>>>>> card

>>>>> you install. Let me know if I can help in any other way.

>>>>> 

>>>>> 

>>>>>                                                      If all I have

>>>>> left in

>>>>> this world is God, I have everything!

>>>>> 

>>>>> 

>>>>> 

>>>>> 

>>>>> Sent from Mail for Windows 10

>>>>> 

>>>>> From: Ashley Wayne

>>>>> Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2019 10:20 PM

>>>>> To: Nvda

>>>>> Subject: [nvda] braille edge

>>>>> 

>>>>> Hi all,

>>>>> Could anyone tell me of their experiences using NVDA with the

>>>>> Braille Edge

>>>>> from HIMS?  I???m considering purchasing one but would just love some

>>>>> personal feedback.  Does it work well specifically for editing

>>>>> documents?

>>>>> Thanks so much.

>>>>> Ashley

>>>>> 

>>>>> 

>>>>> Sent from Mail for Windows 10

>>>>> 

>>>>> 

>>>>> 

>>>>> Virus-free. www.avg.com

>>>>> 

>>>>> 

>>>>> 

>>>> 

>>>> 

>>>> 

>>>> 

>>> 

>>> 

>> 

>> 

>> 

>> 

> --

> Nevzat Adil

> Library of Congress Certified Braille Proofreader

> C: 512 502 4403

> e-mail: nevzatadil@...

> Facebook: m.facebook.com/LiteraryBrailleProofreader

>

 

 

--

Nevzat Adil

Library of Congress Certified Braille Proofreader

C: 512 502 4403

e-mail: nevzatadil@...

Facebook: m.facebook.com/LiteraryBrailleProofreader

 

 

 


Rui Fontes
 

Hello Fernando and Robert!

Have you installed the HIMS brivers for Braille Edge?

Rui Fontes


Às 15:02 de 23/05/2019, Robert Doc Wright godfearer escreveu:

Automatic does not work for me. I have the BrailleEdge40
                                                                                                                                If all I have left in this world is God, I have everything!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Sent from Mail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows 10
*From: *Nevzat Adil <mailto:@Nev>
*Sent: *Thursday, May 23, 2019 6:33 AM
*To: *nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
*Subject: *Re: [nvda] braille edge
While checking the NVDA braille display list I noticed that HIMS is no
longer there. But if one chooses automatic NVDA sees Braille edge.
On 5/23/19, Nevzat Adil via Groups.Io <nevzatadil=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

> She should press NVDA+n, down arow to preferences, right arrow to

> settings enter on settings, down arro to braille, tap to braille

> properties and choose the braille display and tap to okay and press

> enter. One also may choose automatic instead of a particular braille

> display.

>

> On 5/23/19, Mallard <mallard@...> wrote:

>> Talking about Braille Edge, a friend of mine pointed out to me that in

>> the latest version of NVDA there are no more drivers for Hims devices.

>>

>>

>> She has a BrailleSense, and doesn't know how to connect it to her pc

>> after NVDA updated.

>>

>>

>> Could anyone help, please?

>>

>>

>> Thanks in advance.

>>

>> Ciao,

>>

>> Ollie

>>

>>

>>

>>

>> Il 23/05/2019 01:06, Grant Metcalf ha scritto:

>>> I had a Braille Edge and now have a QBraille XL.  I also notice that

>>> from time to time there seems to be a blank line while reading. This

>>> always seems to be at the end of a paragraph or a hard return. When I

>>> up arrow it often goes away. However, I haven't used this with NVDA so

>>> far.

>>> Grant

>>>

>>>

>>> -----Original Message----- From: Nevzat Adil

>>> Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2019 12:01 PM

>>> To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

>>> Subject: Re: [nvda] braille edge

>>>

>>> I am a literary braille proofreader and use Braille Edge for my work.

>>> The main drawback I encountered so far is that occasionally it shows

>>> an empty line where it's not supposed to be.

>>> I have already let the HIMS no about this and hopefully it will be

>>> fixed soon.

>>> It can also be used as a standalone notetaker, but limitted to text

>>> and brf files.

>>> Nevzat

>>>

>>>

>>> On 5/22/19, Fernando Apan <ferapan@...> wrote:

>>>> Hello. For me, working with my braille edge and NVDA has been a very

>>>> good

>>>> experience, however, the arrow keys doesn???t seem to work with NVDA

>>>> as they

>>>> do in other screen readers. Does anybody know if they have fixed this

>>>> problem so far?

>>>> Fernando Apan

>>>>

>>>> Enviado desde mi iPhone

>>>>

>>>>> El 22 may 2019, a las 8:39, Cecelia Rodriguez <cessbraille@...>

>>>>> escribi??:

>>>>>

>>>>>

>>>>>                              I love my braille edge with NVDA.

>>>>>                             rent from Mail for Windows 10

>>>>>

>>>>> From: Robert Doc Wright godfearer

>>>>> Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2019 6:25 AM

>>>>> To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

>>>>> Subject: Re: [nvda] braille edge

>>>>>

>>>>> I have been using mine now for a year this month. Before this my last

>>>>> braille display was the Braille Light 40 back in 99. I gave it back

>>>>> because I was taking programming classes and it would not have

>>>>> helped me

>>>>> in that effort as far as being able to run the program I wrote. The

>>>>> BrailleEdge40 I am enjoying for both reading and writing. Be aware

>>>>> that if

>>>>> you are also wanting to go on-line then you will either have to

>>>>> Bluetooth

>>>>> it to your phone or connect it to your pc. It does not have these

>>>>> capabilities on its own. Its  memory is based on the size of the SD

>>>>> card

>>>>> you install. Let me know if I can help in any other way.

>>>>>

>>>>>

>>>>>                                                      If all I have

>>>>> left in

>>>>> this world is God, I have everything!

>>>>>

>>>>>

>>>>>

>>>>>

>>>>> Sent from Mail for Windows 10

>>>>>

>>>>> From: Ashley Wayne

>>>>> Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2019 10:20 PM

>>>>> To: Nvda

>>>>> Subject: [nvda] braille edge

>>>>>

>>>>> Hi all,

>>>>> Could anyone tell me of their experiences using NVDA with the

>>>>> Braille Edge

>>>>> from HIMS?  I???m considering purchasing one but would just love some

>>>>> personal feedback.  Does it work well specifically for editing

>>>>> documents?

>>>>> Thanks so much.

>>>>> Ashley

>>>>>

>>>>>

>>>>> Sent from Mail for Windows 10

>>>>>

>>>>>

>>>>>

>>>>> Virus-free. www.avg.com

>>>>>

>>>>>

>>>>>

>>>>

>>>>

>>>>

>>>>

>>>

>>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>

>

> --

> Nevzat Adil

> Library of Congress Certified Braille Proofreader

> C: 512 502 4403

> e-mail: @Nev

> Facebook: m.facebook.com/LiteraryBrailleProofreader

>

>

>

>
--
Nevzat Adil
Library of Congress Certified Braille Proofreader
C: 512 502 4403
e-mail: @Nev
Facebook: m.facebook.com/LiteraryBrailleProofreader


Annamaria
 

Hello,

I connect the braillesense with nvda and Hims with edge, Braillesense ecc. appears in the list when I start the screenreader, otherwise in the list of braille display Hims doesn't appear.

Ciao.


Annamaria.

Il 23/05/2019 16:01, Fernando Apan ha scritto:
Good morning. Does anyone know why is the reason that NVDA is not including Hims braille displays on their list? That is not very good, at least for those who have a braille edge like myself. What would happen in future upgrades?
Regards.
Fernando Apan

Enviado desde mi iPhone

El 23 may 2019, a las 7:47, Mallard <mallard@...> escribió:

No... Hims is no longer there... But thanks for the automatic option. I'll pass it on.

Ciao,

Ollie




Il 23/05/2019 14:33, Nevzat Adil ha scritto:
While checking the NVDA braille display list I noticed that HIMS is no
longer there. But if one chooses automatic NVDA sees Braille edge.


On 5/23/19, Nevzat Adil via Groups.Io <nevzatadil=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
She should press NVDA+n, down arow to preferences, right arrow to
settings enter on settings, down arro to braille, tap to braille
properties and choose the braille display and tap to okay and press
enter. One also may choose automatic instead of a particular braille
display.

On 5/23/19, Mallard <mallard@...> wrote:
Talking about Braille Edge, a friend of mine pointed out to me that in
the latest version of NVDA there are no more drivers for Hims devices.


She has a BrailleSense, and doesn't know how to connect it to her pc
after NVDA updated.


Could anyone help, please?


Thanks in advance.

Ciao,

Ollie




Il 23/05/2019 01:06, Grant Metcalf ha scritto:
I had a Braille Edge and now have a QBraille XL. I also notice that
from time to time there seems to be a blank line while reading. This
always seems to be at the end of a paragraph or a hard return. When I
up arrow it often goes away. However, I haven't used this with NVDA so
far.
Grant


-----Original Message----- From: Nevzat Adil
Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2019 12:01 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] braille edge

I am a literary braille proofreader and use Braille Edge for my work.
The main drawback I encountered so far is that occasionally it shows
an empty line where it's not supposed to be.
I have already let the HIMS no about this and hopefully it will be
fixed soon.
It can also be used as a standalone notetaker, but limitted to text
and brf files.
Nevzat


On 5/22/19, Fernando Apan <ferapan@...> wrote:
Hello. For me, working with my braille edge and NVDA has been a very
good
experience, however, the arrow keys doesn???t seem to work with NVDA
as they
do in other screen readers. Does anybody know if they have fixed this
problem so far?
Fernando Apan

Enviado desde mi iPhone

El 22 may 2019, a las 8:39, Cecelia Rodriguez <cessbraille@...>
escribi??:


I love my braille edge with NVDA.
rent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Robert Doc Wright godfearer
Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2019 6:25 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] braille edge

I have been using mine now for a year this month. Before this my last
braille display was the Braille Light 40 back in 99. I gave it back
because I was taking programming classes and it would not have
helped me
in that effort as far as being able to run the program I wrote. The
BrailleEdge40 I am enjoying for both reading and writing. Be aware
that if
you are also wanting to go on-line then you will either have to
Bluetooth
it to your phone or connect it to your pc. It does not have these
capabilities on its own. Its memory is based on the size of the SD
card
you install. Let me know if I can help in any other way.


If all I have
left in
this world is God, I have everything!




Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Ashley Wayne
Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2019 10:20 PM
To: Nvda
Subject: [nvda] braille edge

Hi all,
Could anyone tell me of their experiences using NVDA with the
Braille Edge
from HIMS? I???m considering purchasing one but would just love some
personal feedback. Does it work well specifically for editing
documents?
Thanks so much.
Ashley


Sent from Mail for Windows 10



Virus-free. www.avg.com


--
Nevzat Adil
Library of Congress Certified Braille Proofreader
C: 512 502 4403
e-mail: @Nev
Facebook: m.facebook.com/LiteraryBrailleProofreader




Fernando Apan
 

Yes, I do have the driver installed. However, automatic reading is not available.


Fernando Apan.

El 23/05/2019 a las 9:05, Rui Fontes escribió:
Hello Fernando and Robert!

Have you installed the HIMS brivers for Braille Edge?

Rui Fontes


Às 15:02 de 23/05/2019, Robert Doc Wright godfearer escreveu:
Automatic does not work for me. I have the BrailleEdge40

If all I have left in this world is God, I have everything!                 Sent from Mail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows 10

*From: *Nevzat Adil <mailto:@Nev>
*Sent: *Thursday, May 23, 2019 6:33 AM
*To: *nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
*Subject: *Re: [nvda] braille edge

While checking the NVDA braille display list I noticed that HIMS is no

longer there. But if one chooses automatic NVDA sees Braille edge.

On 5/23/19, Nevzat Adil via Groups.Io <nevzatadil=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

 > She should press NVDA+n, down arow to preferences, right arrow to

 > settings enter on settings, down arro to braille, tap to braille

 > properties and choose the braille display and tap to okay and press

 > enter. One also may choose automatic instead of a particular braille

 > display.

 >

 > On 5/23/19, Mallard <mallard@...> wrote:

 >> Talking about Braille Edge, a friend of mine pointed out to me that in

 >> the latest version of NVDA there are no more drivers for Hims devices.

 >>

 >>

 >> She has a BrailleSense, and doesn't know how to connect it to her pc

 >> after NVDA updated.

 >>

 >>

 >> Could anyone help, please?

 >>

 >>

 >> Thanks in advance.

 >>

 >> Ciao,

 >>

 >> Ollie

 >>

 >>

 >>

 >>

 >> Il 23/05/2019 01:06, Grant Metcalf ha scritto:

 >>> I had a Braille Edge and now have a QBraille XL. I also notice that

 >>> from time to time there seems to be a blank line while reading. This

 >>> always seems to be at the end of a paragraph or a hard return. When I

 >>> up arrow it often goes away. However, I haven't used this with NVDA so

 >>> far.

 >>> Grant

 >>>

 >>>

 >>> -----Original Message----- From: Nevzat Adil

 >>> Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2019 12:01 PM

 >>> To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

 >>> Subject: Re: [nvda] braille edge

 >>>

 >>> I am a literary braille proofreader and use Braille Edge for my work.

 >>> The main drawback I encountered so far is that occasionally it shows

 >>> an empty line where it's not supposed to be.

 >>> I have already let the HIMS no about this and hopefully it will be

 >>> fixed soon.

 >>> It can also be used as a standalone notetaker, but limitted to text

 >>> and brf files.

 >>> Nevzat

 >>>

 >>>

 >>> On 5/22/19, Fernando Apan <ferapan@...> wrote:

 >>>> Hello. For me, working with my braille edge and NVDA has been a very

 >>>> good

 >>>> experience, however, the arrow keys doesn???t seem to work with NVDA

 >>>> as they

 >>>> do in other screen readers. Does anybody know if they have fixed this

 >>>> problem so far?

 >>>> Fernando Apan

 >>>>

 >>>> Enviado desde mi iPhone

 >>>>

 >>>>> El 22 may 2019, a las 8:39, Cecelia Rodriguez <cessbraille@...>

 >>>>> escribi??:

 >>>>>

 >>>>>

 >>>>>                              I love my braille edge with NVDA.

 >>>>>                             rent from Mail for Windows 10

 >>>>>

 >>>>> From: Robert Doc Wright godfearer

 >>>>> Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2019 6:25 AM

 >>>>> To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

 >>>>> Subject: Re: [nvda] braille edge

 >>>>>

 >>>>> I have been using mine now for a year this month. Before this my last

 >>>>> braille display was the Braille Light 40 back in 99. I gave it back

 >>>>> because I was taking programming classes and it would not have

 >>>>> helped me

 >>>>> in that effort as far as being able to run the program I wrote. The

 >>>>> BrailleEdge40 I am enjoying for both reading and writing. Be aware

 >>>>> that if

 >>>>> you are also wanting to go on-line then you will either have to

 >>>>> Bluetooth

 >>>>> it to your phone or connect it to your pc. It does not have these

 >>>>> capabilities on its own. Its  memory is based on the size of the SD

 >>>>> card

 >>>>> you install. Let me know if I can help in any other way.

 >>>>>

 >>>>>

 >>>>>                                                      If all I have

 >>>>> left in

 >>>>> this world is God, I have everything!

 >>>>>

 >>>>>

 >>>>>

 >>>>>

 >>>>> Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 >>>>>

 >>>>> From: Ashley Wayne

 >>>>> Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2019 10:20 PM

 >>>>> To: Nvda

 >>>>> Subject: [nvda] braille edge

 >>>>>

 >>>>> Hi all,

 >>>>> Could anyone tell me of their experiences using NVDA with the

 >>>>> Braille Edge

 >>>>> from HIMS?  I???m considering purchasing one but would just love some

 >>>>> personal feedback.  Does it work well specifically for editing

 >>>>> documents?

 >>>>> Thanks so much.

 >>>>> Ashley

 >>>>>

 >>>>>

 >>>>> Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 >>>>>

 >>>>>

 >>>>>

 >>>>> Virus-free. www.avg.com

 >>>>>

 >>>>>

 >>>>>

 >>>>

 >>>>

 >>>>

 >>>>

 >>>

 >>>

 >>

 >>

 >>

 >>

 >

 >

 > --

 > Nevzat Adil

 > Library of Congress Certified Braille Proofreader

 > C: 512 502 4403

 > e-mail: @Nev

 > Facebook: m.facebook.com/LiteraryBrailleProofreader

 >

 >

 >

 >

--

Nevzat Adil

Library of Congress Certified Braille Proofreader

C: 512 502 4403

e-mail: @Nev

Facebook: m.facebook.com/LiteraryBrailleProofreader


Cecelia Rodriguez <cessbraille@...>
 

Why do you say I noticed that it is still there because I use a braille edge with NVDA.

On May 23, 2019, at 8:47 AM, Mallard <mallard@...> wrote:

No... Hims is no longer there... But thanks for the automatic option. I'll pass it on.

Ciao,

Ollie




Il 23/05/2019 14:33, Nevzat Adil ha scritto:
While checking the NVDA braille display list I noticed that HIMS is no
longer there. But if one chooses automatic NVDA sees Braille edge.


On 5/23/19, Nevzat Adil via Groups.Io <nevzatadil=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
She should press NVDA+n, down arow to preferences, right arrow to
settings enter on settings, down arro to braille, tap to braille
properties and choose the braille display and tap to okay and press
enter. One also may choose automatic instead of a particular braille
display.

On 5/23/19, Mallard <mallard@...> wrote:
Talking about Braille Edge, a friend of mine pointed out to me that in
the latest version of NVDA there are no more drivers for Hims devices.


She has a BrailleSense, and doesn't know how to connect it to her pc
after NVDA updated.


Could anyone help, please?


Thanks in advance.

Ciao,

Ollie




Il 23/05/2019 01:06, Grant Metcalf ha scritto:
I had a Braille Edge and now have a QBraille XL. I also notice that
from time to time there seems to be a blank line while reading. This
always seems to be at the end of a paragraph or a hard return. When I
up arrow it often goes away. However, I haven't used this with NVDA so
far.
Grant


-----Original Message----- From: Nevzat Adil
Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2019 12:01 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] braille edge

I am a literary braille proofreader and use Braille Edge for my work.
The main drawback I encountered so far is that occasionally it shows
an empty line where it's not supposed to be.
I have already let the HIMS no about this and hopefully it will be
fixed soon.
It can also be used as a standalone notetaker, but limitted to text
and brf files.
Nevzat


On 5/22/19, Fernando Apan <ferapan@...> wrote:
Hello. For me, working with my braille edge and NVDA has been a very
good
experience, however, the arrow keys doesn???t seem to work with NVDA
as they
do in other screen readers. Does anybody know if they have fixed this
problem so far?
Fernando Apan

Enviado desde mi iPhone

El 22 may 2019, a las 8:39, Cecelia Rodriguez <cessbraille@...>
escribi??:


I love my braille edge with NVDA.
rent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Robert Doc Wright godfearer
Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2019 6:25 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] braille edge

I have been using mine now for a year this month. Before this my last
braille display was the Braille Light 40 back in 99. I gave it back
because I was taking programming classes and it would not have
helped me
in that effort as far as being able to run the program I wrote. The
BrailleEdge40 I am enjoying for both reading and writing. Be aware
that if
you are also wanting to go on-line then you will either have to
Bluetooth
it to your phone or connect it to your pc. It does not have these
capabilities on its own. Its memory is based on the size of the SD
card
you install. Let me know if I can help in any other way.


If all I have
left in
this world is God, I have everything!




Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Ashley Wayne
Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2019 10:20 PM
To: Nvda
Subject: [nvda] braille edge

Hi all,
Could anyone tell me of their experiences using NVDA with the
Braille Edge
from HIMS? I???m considering purchasing one but would just love some
personal feedback. Does it work well specifically for editing
documents?
Thanks so much.
Ashley


Sent from Mail for Windows 10



Virus-free. www.avg.com




--
Nevzat Adil
Library of Congress Certified Braille Proofreader
C: 512 502 4403
e-mail: @Nev
Facebook: m.facebook.com/LiteraryBrailleProofreader





 

Cecilia, if you are addressing me, I said HIMS is no longer there.

On 5/23/19, Cecelia Rodriguez <cessbraille@...> wrote:
Why do you say I noticed that it is still there because I use a braille edge
with NVDA.
On May 23, 2019, at 8:47 AM, Mallard <mallard@...> wrote:

No... Hims is no longer there... But thanks for the automatic option. I'll
pass it on.

Ciao,

Ollie




Il 23/05/2019 14:33, Nevzat Adil ha scritto:
While checking the NVDA braille display list I noticed that HIMS is no
longer there. But if one chooses automatic NVDA sees Braille edge.


On 5/23/19, Nevzat Adil via Groups.Io <nevzatadil=gmail.com@groups.io>
wrote:
She should press NVDA+n, down arow to preferences, right arrow to
settings enter on settings, down arro to braille, tap to braille
properties and choose the braille display and tap to okay and press
enter. One also may choose automatic instead of a particular braille
display.

On 5/23/19, Mallard <mallard@...> wrote:
Talking about Braille Edge, a friend of mine pointed out to me that in
the latest version of NVDA there are no more drivers for Hims devices.


She has a BrailleSense, and doesn't know how to connect it to her pc
after NVDA updated.


Could anyone help, please?


Thanks in advance.

Ciao,

Ollie




Il 23/05/2019 01:06, Grant Metcalf ha scritto:
I had a Braille Edge and now have a QBraille XL. I also notice that
from time to time there seems to be a blank line while reading. This
always seems to be at the end of a paragraph or a hard return. When I
up arrow it often goes away. However, I haven't used this with NVDA
so
far.
Grant


-----Original Message----- From: Nevzat Adil
Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2019 12:01 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] braille edge

I am a literary braille proofreader and use Braille Edge for my work.
The main drawback I encountered so far is that occasionally it shows
an empty line where it's not supposed to be.
I have already let the HIMS no about this and hopefully it will be
fixed soon.
It can also be used as a standalone notetaker, but limitted to text
and brf files.
Nevzat


On 5/22/19, Fernando Apan <ferapan@...> wrote:
Hello. For me, working with my braille edge and NVDA has been a very
good
experience, however, the arrow keys doesn???t seem to work with NVDA
as they
do in other screen readers. Does anybody know if they have fixed
this
problem so far?
Fernando Apan

Enviado desde mi iPhone

El 22 may 2019, a las 8:39, Cecelia Rodriguez
<cessbraille@...>
escribi??:


I love my braille edge with NVDA.
rent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Robert Doc Wright godfearer
Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2019 6:25 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] braille edge

I have been using mine now for a year this month. Before this my
last
braille display was the Braille Light 40 back in 99. I gave it back
because I was taking programming classes and it would not have
helped me
in that effort as far as being able to run the program I wrote. The
BrailleEdge40 I am enjoying for both reading and writing. Be aware
that if
you are also wanting to go on-line then you will either have to
Bluetooth
it to your phone or connect it to your pc. It does not have these
capabilities on its own. Its memory is based on the size of the SD
card
you install. Let me know if I can help in any other way.


If all I have
left in
this world is God, I have everything!




Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Ashley Wayne
Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2019 10:20 PM
To: Nvda
Subject: [nvda] braille edge

Hi all,
Could anyone tell me of their experiences using NVDA with the
Braille Edge
from HIMS? I???m considering purchasing one but would just love
some
personal feedback. Does it work well specifically for editing
documents?
Thanks so much.
Ashley


Sent from Mail for Windows 10



Virus-free. www.avg.com




--
Nevzat Adil
Library of Congress Certified Braille Proofreader
C: 512 502 4403
e-mail: @Nev
Facebook: m.facebook.com/LiteraryBrailleProofreader






--
Nevzat Adil
Library of Congress Certified Braille Proofreader
C: 512 502 4403
e-mail: @Nev
Facebook: m.facebook.com/LiteraryBrailleProofreader


Rui Fontes
 

Hello!

I have tested in a machine I have configured to a customer, and in spite of do not appear in the devices list, it worked beautifully via USB or Bluetooth...

Rui Fontes


Às 18:51 de 23/05/2019, Nevzat Adil escreveu:

Cecilia, if you are addressing me, I said HIMS is no longer there.
On 5/23/19, Cecelia Rodriguez <cessbraille@...> wrote:
Why do you say I noticed that it is still there because I use a braille edge
with NVDA.
On May 23, 2019, at 8:47 AM, Mallard <mallard@...> wrote:

No... Hims is no longer there... But thanks for the automatic option. I'll
pass it on.

Ciao,

Ollie




Il 23/05/2019 14:33, Nevzat Adil ha scritto:
While checking the NVDA braille display list I noticed that HIMS is no
longer there. But if one chooses automatic NVDA sees Braille edge.


On 5/23/19, Nevzat Adil via Groups.Io <nevzatadil=gmail.com@groups.io>
wrote:
She should press NVDA+n, down arow to preferences, right arrow to
settings enter on settings, down arro to braille, tap to braille
properties and choose the braille display and tap to okay and press
enter. One also may choose automatic instead of a particular braille
display.

On 5/23/19, Mallard <mallard@...> wrote:
Talking about Braille Edge, a friend of mine pointed out to me that in
the latest version of NVDA there are no more drivers for Hims devices.


She has a BrailleSense, and doesn't know how to connect it to her pc
after NVDA updated.


Could anyone help, please?


Thanks in advance.

Ciao,

Ollie




Il 23/05/2019 01:06, Grant Metcalf ha scritto:
I had a Braille Edge and now have a QBraille XL. I also notice that
from time to time there seems to be a blank line while reading. This
always seems to be at the end of a paragraph or a hard return. When I
up arrow it often goes away. However, I haven't used this with NVDA
so
far.
Grant


-----Original Message----- From: Nevzat Adil
Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2019 12:01 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] braille edge

I am a literary braille proofreader and use Braille Edge for my work.
The main drawback I encountered so far is that occasionally it shows
an empty line where it's not supposed to be.
I have already let the HIMS no about this and hopefully it will be
fixed soon.
It can also be used as a standalone notetaker, but limitted to text
and brf files.
Nevzat


On 5/22/19, Fernando Apan <ferapan@...> wrote:
Hello. For me, working with my braille edge and NVDA has been a very
good
experience, however, the arrow keys doesn???t seem to work with NVDA
as they
do in other screen readers. Does anybody know if they have fixed
this
problem so far?
Fernando Apan

Enviado desde mi iPhone

El 22 may 2019, a las 8:39, Cecelia Rodriguez
<cessbraille@...>
escribi??:


I love my braille edge with NVDA.
rent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Robert Doc Wright godfearer
Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2019 6:25 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] braille edge

I have been using mine now for a year this month. Before this my
last
braille display was the Braille Light 40 back in 99. I gave it back
because I was taking programming classes and it would not have
helped me
in that effort as far as being able to run the program I wrote. The
BrailleEdge40 I am enjoying for both reading and writing. Be aware
that if
you are also wanting to go on-line then you will either have to
Bluetooth
it to your phone or connect it to your pc. It does not have these
capabilities on its own. Its memory is based on the size of the SD
card
you install. Let me know if I can help in any other way.


If all I have
left in
this world is God, I have everything!




Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Ashley Wayne
Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2019 10:20 PM
To: Nvda
Subject: [nvda] braille edge

Hi all,
Could anyone tell me of their experiences using NVDA with the
Braille Edge
from HIMS? I???m considering purchasing one but would just love
some
personal feedback. Does it work well specifically for editing
documents?
Thanks so much.
Ashley


Sent from Mail for Windows 10



Virus-free. www.avg.com




--
Nevzat Adil
Library of Congress Certified Braille Proofreader
C: 512 502 4403
e-mail: @Nev
Facebook: m.facebook.com/LiteraryBrailleProofreader