Topics

question about using NVDA with iTunes

Wayne Scott <waynedscottjr@...>

I am trying to move around my iTunes library with NVDA on my PC. I want to go in and delete songs and albums, but cannot figure out how. I have Windows 10 and am using the latest update on NVDA, a _not. Wayne Scott ver
Chime bear
musical notesbear face

Nimer Jaber

Hello,

this is a note to anyone who may respond to this thread. If you respond, please try to think of how NVDA may relate to the response. If, as I suspect, the issue is more about how to use iTunes, then please refrain from responding. There are many lists where this question is on topic, one of them being the chat subgroup.

Thanks.

--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

up to you. Thanks.

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

and above, please click here:
http://www.nvda-project.org

you, and have a great day!

Quentin Christensen

With Nimer's points in mind, I'll just add:

- NVDA doesn't have any specific keystrokes purely for iTunes, so getting around iTunes should be a matter of either its own inbuilt keystrokes, or standard NVDA or Windows keys.

A quick google search for "iTunes pc keyboard shortcuts" found this article from Apple themselves with keystrokes for iTunes: https://support.apple.com/en-au/guide/itunes/keyboard-shortcuts-itns1019/windows

Looking on our GitHub issue tracker, we only have one open issue which even mentions iTunes - and that is for a more generic drag and drop functionality which mentions iTunes as an example where it could be used.  So, if there are any specific issues with NVDA in iTunes, (and you've exhausted that it's not just a matter of finding the right existing keystroke etc), please do let us know about them.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Thu, May 23, 2019 at 8:44 AM Nimer Jaber <nimerjaber1@...> wrote:
[...]

Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess

Well being that itunes is a web app most nvda web commands should work, it has a few treeviews in it to though.

I think this is all on this though.

[...]

Felix G.

Hi,
wow, did I miss something crucial? They turned it into a web app?
Haven't looked at it in a while as I found it clunky and slow and just
not fun to use.
Best,
Felix

On Wed, May 22, 2019 at 3:41 PM Wayne Scott <waynedscottjr@gmail.com> wrote:

I am trying to move around my iTunes library with NVDA on my PC. I want to go in and delete songs and albums, but cannot figure out how. I have Windows 10 and am using the latest update on NVDA, a _not. Wayne Scott ver
Chime bear
musical notesbear face

--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

up to you. Thanks.

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

and above, please click here:
http://www.nvda-project.org

you, and have a great day!

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess

Felix G.

Here's an iTunes with NVDA question: What's the secret to navigating
the menu bar? Pressing alt then arrow keys will neither read nor
Braille anything useful.
Is there an up-to-date tutorial somewhere?
Btw, I found no web-app-like structure in iTunes. Sure, some panels
are web views, but to call it a web app??
Best,
Felix

Ralf Kefferpuetz

I'm running iTunes 12.6.3.6
, which is a version for companies, means it still includes the app management portion and the menu is fully accessible, as supposed, Alt opens the File menu and arrowing right jumps to the Edit, app, view menu and so on....