locked idea for add on

Gary Metzler

Hi All,

I was a window eyes user for years.  It had a way to un mute the speaker in the event that it was accidently muted.  It used a three key combo.  Is there any way that nvda can implement this function?  Thanks,

Hi Gary,
While you don't get answers about this, you can use this workaround.
  1. Press Windows+R
  2. Type sndvol
  3. You'll be on the mixer window, where you can change the general volume (which will increase/decrease the volume of the entire system) as well as change the volume for a specific app.
  4. Usually the mixer opens in the "system's volume" slider, so just press page up a few times and you should have your sound back.

Hth
Cheers,
Marcio AKA Starboy

Sent from a galaxy far, far away.

Gary Metzler

But, what if you don’t have sound to start with?

While you don't get answers about this, you can use this workaround.

  1. Press Windows+R
  2. Type sndvol
  3. You'll be on the mixer window, where you can change the general volume (which will increase/decrease the volume of the entire system) as well as change the volume for a specific app.
  4. Usually the mixer opens in the "system's volume" slider, so just press page up a few times and you should have your sound back.

Hth
Cheers,
Marcio

AKA Starboy

Sent from a galaxy far, far away.

Gary,

But, what if you don't have sound to start with?

Well, as long as you know all the keyboard keys and its positions, specifically the letters (which you will know if you're using your computer for a reasonable short time), it's no biggie.
Press Windows+R, type SNDVOL and press page up a few times. It's as simple as that.

Cheers,
Marcio AKA Starboy

Sent from a galaxy far, far away.

Michael Munn

This should be one of the feature for the next release of NVDA Screen Reader. I might bring this up during the Lightning talk.
Thanks
Best Regards
Michael Munn

On Sun, May 26, 2019 at 7:56 PM Gary Metzler <gmtravel@...> wrote:

But, what if you don’t have sound to start with?

While you don't get answers about this, you can use this workaround.

  1. Press Windows+R
  2. Type sndvol
  3. You'll be on the mixer window, where you can change the general volume (which will increase/decrease the volume of the entire system) as well as change the volume for a specific app.
  4. Usually the mixer opens in the "system's volume" slider, so just press page up a few times and you should have your sound back.

Hth
Cheers,
Marcio

AKA Starboy

Sent from a galaxy far, far away.

Michael Munn
 National Federation of the Blind of   Virginia   www.nfbv.org
 Maryland Association of Blind Students
National Federation of the Blind of  Maryland www.nfbmd.org

Not quite.  What if the sound is muted, as or more likely than that the volume has been changed.

Press and hold the Windows key.  You must hold it.  If you don't, you will open the start menu.
Type the letter r while holding the Windows key.
Now type sndvol and press enter.
Press home.  That raises the volume to its highest level.
then use the command alt t to see if you have speech.
If not tab once.
You are on a check box which toggles mute off and on.
Press the space bar.  Try control t again.
If there is no speech, press the space bar again to return the setting to what it was originally.
If there is no sound after all this, you may need sighted help.

But this is a perfect illustration of why anyone who relies on sound for speech and doesn't have a Braille display should have a USB sound card or USb headphones for such situations.  You can have speech if you simply connect such a USB device.
After connecting it, you may have to unload and run NVDA again to have speech switch to the USB device.

You can then go in to sound settings and check the settings for the internal card to see what the problem is, assuming, of course, that the problem is related to sound card settings and isn't an NVDA or other probem.

If it is an NVDA or other proboem, you won't have speech whatever sound card you use.

Sent: Sunday, May 26, 2019 6:58 PM

Gary,

But, what if you don't have sound to start with?

Well, as long as you know all the keyboard keys and its positions, specifically the letters (which you will know if you're using your computer for a reasonable short time), it's no biggie.
Press Windows+R, type SNDVOL and press page up a few times. It's as simple as that.

Cheers,
Marcio AKA Starboy

Sent from a galaxy far, far away.

I made an error in the last message.  I said to use the command alt t to see if you have speech.  The correct command is control t, as I correctly stated when I gave it a second time.  So again, control t is the command for read title bar.

But, what if you don't have sound to start with?

Well, as long as you know all the keyboard keys and its positions,
specifically the letters (which you will know if you're using your computer
for a reasonable short time), it's no biggie.
Press Windows+R, type SNDVOL and press page up a few times. It's as simple
as that.

Cheers,
Marcio
AKA Starboy

Sent from a galaxy far, far away.

and be helped with all Thunderbird things - questions, features, add-ons and
much more!

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens

hi gene. do you mean nvda tab for reading title bar?

hi.
SNDVOL does not work for me.
what should i tipe on windows xp?

On 5/27/19, zahra via Groups.Io <nasrinkhaksar3=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

help
[...]

Gene

Control t reads the title bar.  NVDA tab reports the object with focus, according to input help.  Every program has a title bar and using the read title bar command is important if you want to know what program you are in.

You can use any command that generates speech and doesn't move you.  I said to use control t not because it is the only one, but because that is one such command.

I didn't go into an explanation for simplicity and efficiency in the instructions.

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali

hi gene. do you mean nvda tab for reading title bar?

Gene

Sndvol32.  And the instructions won't work as written for Windows XP.  After the volume control opens, you must first tab once.  After that, the instructions will work as written.

>> I made an error in the last message.  I said to use the command alt t to
>> see
>> if you have speech.  The correct command is control t, as I correctly
>> stated
>> when I gave it a second time.  So again, control t is the command for
>> read
>> title bar.
>>
>> Gene

I think you meant “NVDA+T”.

Cheers,

Joseph P.S. Will be a long night for me as I’ll be editing NVDA code that will have massive impact on many add-ons.

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali

hi gene. do you mean nvda tab for reading title bar?

Ron Canazzi

Hi Gene,

In addition, in Windows 10 the check box to mute volume is actually a button. It works like a toggle so the procedure is the same anyway.

Sent: Sunday, May 26, 2019 6:58 PM

Gary,

But, what if you don't have sound to start with?

Well, as long as you know all the keyboard keys and its positions, specifically the letters (which you will know if you're using your computer for a reasonable short time), it's no biggie.
Press Windows+R, type SNDVOL and press page up a few times. It's as simple as that.

Cheers,
Marcio AKA Starboy

Sent from a galaxy far, far away.

They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Ron Canazzi

Using NVDA and JAWS, the keystroke is insert + T to read the title bar.

[...]

thanks extremely for your help gene.
i tried it and it worked perfectly on xp.
thanks again for your help, God bless you and i dont forget praying for you!

Gene

Yes, I meant NVDA t.

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali

hi gene. do you mean nvda tab for reading title bar?

Gene

You are bottom posting.  Please top post, as you previously did.  A lot of people won't check to see if a message is there if you bottom post.  They will think you accidentally send a message without a reply or they won't go through the inconvenience of going to the bottom and looking up.

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali

thanks extremely for your help gene.
i tried it and it worked perfectly on xp.
thanks again for your help, God bless you and i dont forget praying for you!

Rui Fontes

Such addon already exists.
It is called NVDAExtensionGlobalPlugin...

Best regards,

Rui Fontes
NVDA portuguese team

Às 00:39 de 27/05/2019, Gary Metzler escreveu:

Hi All,
I was a window eyes user for years.  It had a way to un mute the speaker in the event that it was accidently muted.  It used a three key combo. Is there any way that nvda can implement this function?  Thanks,

Rui Fontes

The development version is at:
https://rawgit.com/paulber007/AllMyNVDAAddons/master/NVDAExtensionGlobalPlugin/dev/NVDAExtensionGlobalPlugin-8.1-dev6.nvda-addon

Às 11:07 de 27/05/2019, Rui Fontes via Groups.Io escreveu:

[...]

excuse me for my mistake.
after sending my message, i realized that even myself, could not the
content which i sent!
why sometimes these problems occures for me or other users, i dont understand.