Topics

how do you access screen notifications with NVDA?

Ibrahim Abedrabbo

Hello folks,

How does one access the notifications that suddenly flash on the screen asking you to do something, like to check a setting, or to do an update or to check some application suggestions, etc…? I am using windows ten home addition with the latest version of NVDA. I think in windows seven it used to be called hot balloons.

Thanks in advance.

Ibrahim Ali

Ibrahim,
How does one access the notifications that suddenly flash on the screen asking you to do something, like to check a setting, or to do an update or to check some application suggestions, etc…?
If you're using 1809 or above, shift+Windows+V. Otherwise, Windows+V.

I think in windows seven it used to be called hot balloons.
In Windows 10, they're called "Toast Notifications", if I'm not going wrong on this.

Cheers,
Marcio AKA Starboy

Sent from a galaxy far, far away.

Ibrahim Abedrabbo

Thanks Marcio,

I will try these commands next time I get a notification.  I do not know which version of windows ten home addition I have, however, I do my best to keep it up to date.

Cheers,

Ibrahim

How does one access the notifications that suddenly flash on the screen asking you to do something, like to check a setting, or to do an update or to check some application suggestions, etc…?

If you're using 1809 or above, shift+Windows+V. Otherwise, Windows+V.

I think in windows seven it used to be called hot balloons.

In Windows 10, they're called "Toast Notifications", if I'm not going wrong on this.

Cheers,
Marcio

AKA Starboy

Sent from a galaxy far, far away.

Quentin Christensen

The other thing you can do if you have notifications you have missed, is press WINDOWS+A to open the action centre where you can review any that have come up previously.

Regards

Quentin.

On Mon, May 27, 2019 at 10:20 AM Ibrahim Abedrabbo <abedrabboibrahim@...> wrote:

Thanks Marcio,

I will try these commands next time I get a notification.  I do not know which version of windows ten home addition I have, however, I do my best to keep it up to date.

Cheers,

Ibrahim

How does one access the notifications that suddenly flash on the screen asking you to do something, like to check a setting, or to do an update or to check some application suggestions, etc…?

If you're using 1809 or above, shift+Windows+V. Otherwise, Windows+V.

I think in windows seven it used to be called hot balloons.

In Windows 10, they're called "Toast Notifications", if I'm not going wrong on this.

Cheers,
Marcio

AKA Starboy

Sent from a galaxy far, far away.

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess

Cecelia Rodriguez

Old windows eight

On May 26, 2019, at 7:45 PM, Ibrahim Abedrabbo <abedrabboibrahim@...> wrote:

Hello folks,

How does one access the notifications that suddenly flash on the screen asking you to do something, like to check a setting, or to do an update or to check some application suggestions, etc…? I am using windows ten home addition with the latest version of NVDA. I think in windows seven it used to be called hot balloons.

Thanks in advance.

Ibrahim Ali

Antony Stone

I didn't think there ever was a released version of Windows eight - Microsoft
went directly from Windows 7 to Windows 10 - or am I missing something here?

Antony.

On Wednesday 29 May 2019 at 01:00:13, Cecelia Rodriguez wrote:

Old windows eight

--
A user interface is like a joke.
If you have to explain it, it means it doesn't work.

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.

Gene

If they had, they wouldn't have made so many people annoyed or angry.  Windows 8 was a poorly designed version of Windows that few people liked.

Sent: Tuesday, May 28, 2019 6:16 PM

--
A user interface is like a joke.
If you have to explain it, it means it doesn't work.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.

Hi,
Yes, there was 8 - in fact, 8.0 and 8.1.
Cheers,
Joseph

[...]

Sarah k Alawami

I remember windows 8. All I can say is, yuck! I didn't use nvda at the time so can't speak to that, but yeah. Yuck city.

and for hosting options go here
to subscribe to the feed click here

Sent: Tuesday, May 28, 2019 6:16 PM