locked Java Access Bridge and Jaws

Raha Tehrani

Hi there.
as I was using Jaws 2018.1712, I came across something pretty strange.
Jaws couldn't recognize Java access Bridge at all. I did everything
and installed it correctly. but as I hit Java control panel in my
Control panel, it wasn't able to recognize and support the window.
simultaneously, there was nothing wrong with NVDA. it could easily
recognize the JAB. then, I had access to another cracked version of
Jaws 2018, and fortunately, it solved the problem. as I went ahead and
updated my windows to version 1903 and Jaws to that of 2019 March
update. unfortunately, the same problem took place again. I updated
Jaws 2019 to April version. but the same problem was still there. I
should also mention that I had updated Java to the latest version
before I updated my windows 10 to version 1903. just like before,
there's no problem with NVDA 2019.1.1, it can easily recognize Java
access bridge. but Jaws can't. It does seem strange to me. I'll be
grateful, if you share your great and useful experiences with me.
all the best.
Take care.

This question/topic is not related in any direct way to NVDA, other than to report that it's working in a given context when JAWS is not.

This would get more appropriate attention, and most likely better answers, too, if asked on the JAWS group, whose addresses are as follows:

        ~ H.L. Mencken

Jackie

& s/he'll likely get kicked off that list for mentioning a cracked
Jaws version, which is of doubtful appropriateness on any mailing
list.

This question/topic is not related in any direct way to NVDA, other than to
report that it's working in a given context when JAWS is not.

This would get more appropriate attention, and most likely better answers,
too, if asked on the JAWS group, whose addresses are as follows:

* Post: main@jfw.groups.io
* Subscribe: main+subscribe@jfw.groups.io
* Group Owner: main+owner@jfw.groups.io
* Help: main+help@jfw.groups.io

*Puritanism:  The haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be happy.*

~ H.L. Mencken

Angelo Sonnesso

You have cracked version of Jaws and you want us to help you?
This could be a real problem.

73 N2DYN Angelo

[...]

mattias

Why should all people here hate cracked software?

So you have Money for all software

Good for you, but not all people have

Yes angelo i meen you

Skickades från E-post för Windows 10

[...]

To answer raha

32 or 64 bit jaws and java?

On Wed, May 29, 2019 at 02:12 AM, mattias wrote:
Why should all people here hate cracked software?
      I'll tell you why:

               1.  It's theft.
               2.  It's illegal.
               3.  It does nothing to further development of a tool you've chosen to use.
               4.  Companies can, do, and have come after venues such as this one that allow its use to be encouraged.

I had hoped that my initial redirect would have brought this topic to a close, as it is not on-topic for an NVDA forum.  It's now locked.

        ~ H.L. Mencken