Topics

Nvda and Language Esperanto

Jarek.Krcmar

Hello in the conference Nvda,

I use the Espeak in Nvda, when I need something read in the Language Esperanto.

I have found out, that when I have set Esperanto, some keys are in English. For example: Comma, Colon, Dash, Slash, backslash, semi, dot...

I would like to read the keys in Esperanto, if possible.

Jarek

-- Jarek

--
Jarek

Is this not a function of the synth and language chosen?   I thought it was.

        ~ H.L. Mencken

Gene

If reading of punctuation isn't done properly, you can use the speech dictionary to manually enter the words you want to hear.  That may be enough information, but if you have questions about using the speech dictionary, ask here.

Gene

Jarek.Krcmar

Yes, Gene,

but I would like to hear the correct punctuation in the moment, when I set the language Esperanto. In a text, but also normally.

I think so: if I have setthe Language Esperanto and I restart my computer, and press the key for example comma, I would like to hear a word komo.

Jarek

Dne 01.06.2019 v 23:51 Gene napsal(a):
If reading of punctuation isn't done properly, you can use the speech dictionary to manually enter the words you want to hear.  That may be enough information, but if you have questions about using the speech dictionary, ask here.

Jarek

Gene

I think you are saying that you don't want to hear Esperonto punctuation when you are using another language.  Aside from manually switching dictionary files, I don't know if there is any way to do that.  It sounds like something that would have to be corrected by an NVDA developer.

Sent: Sunday, June 02, 2019 2:05 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Nvda and Language Esperanto

Yes, Gene,

but I would like to hear the correct punctuation in the moment, when I set the language Esperanto. In a text, but also normally.

I think so: if I have setthe Language Esperanto and I restart my computer, and press the key for example comma, I would like to hear a word komo.

Jarek

Dne 01.06.2019 v 23:51 Gene napsal(a):
If reading of punctuation isn't done properly, you can use the speech dictionary to manually enter the words you want to hear.  That may be enough information, but if you have questions about using the speech dictionary, ask here.

Jarek

Jarek.Krcmar

Hi gene, I am afraid, that I don't understand you.

If I have set the language Esperanto, Espeak says the whole addressar so:

Uzivatel backlash, appdata backslash, roaming backlash, nvda backlash, voice backlash, espeak backslash, dic.

I would like to hear Espeak saying in Esperanto.

Jarek

Dne 01.06.2019 v 23:51 Gene napsal(a):
If reading of punctuation isn't done properly, you can use the speech dictionary to manually enter the words you want to hear.  That may be enough information, but if you have questions about using the speech dictionary, ask here.

Jarek

Devin Prater

NVDA would need to be translated into Esperanto, along with its punctuation pronounciation file.

On Jun 2, 2019, at 6:48 AM, Jarek.Krcmar <Jarek.Krcmar@...> wrote:

Hi gene, I am afraid, that I don't understand you.

If I have set the language Esperanto, Espeak says the whole addressar so:

Uzivatel backlash, appdata backslash, roaming backlash, nvda backlash, voice backlash, espeak backslash, dic.

I would like to hear Espeak saying in Esperanto.

Jarek

Dne 01.06.2019 v 23:51 Gene napsal(a):
If reading of punctuation isn't done properly, you can use the speech dictionary to manually enter the words you want to hear.  That may be enough information, but if you have questions about using the speech dictionary, ask here.

Jarek

Jarek.Krcmar

Hi all,

I have just found out where is the problem:

When I selected the Pronuncation of the punctuation, Espeak said English.

Is it possible to read text in Esperanto, but not the keys.

Jarek

Dne 02.06.2019 v 13:51 Devin Prater napsal(a):
[...]

I don't know how such things are said in Esperonto.  In the speech dictionary, used to change the pronunciation of whatever you want to change, you can put the punctuation mark in and tell the dictionary how you want it said.  But the problem is that you will then hear punctuation spoken that way in English as well.

You can get around the problem by having two speech dictionary files and manually putting the one you want to use in NVDA before you switch to the language.  That isn't automatic, but it would achieve what you want.

Sent: Sunday, June 02, 2019 6:48 AM

Hi gene, I am afraid, that I don't understand you.

If I have set the language Esperanto, Espeak says the whole addressar so:

Uzivatel backlash, appdata backslash, roaming backlash, nvda backlash, voice backlash, espeak backslash, dic.

I would like to hear Espeak saying in Esperanto.

Jarek

Dne 01.06.2019 v 23:51 Gene napsal(a):
If reading of punctuation isn't done properly, you can use the speech dictionary to manually enter the words you want to hear.  That may be enough information, but if you have questions about using the speech dictionary, ask here.

Jarek

Jarek.Krcmar

Hi Gene,

It seems to be rather in order.

I write in dic a punctuacion and then the eqivalent in Esperanto.

But there is a problem: How to write the Carriage return? I think, that I must write the words, because for them does not exist a punctuation?

Jarek

Sent: Sunday, June 02, 2019 6:48 AM

Hi gene, I am afraid, that I don't understand you.

If I have set the language Esperanto, Espeak says the whole addressar so:

Uzivatel backlash, appdata backslash, roaming backlash, nvda backlash, voice backlash, espeak backslash, dic.

I would like to hear Espeak saying in Esperanto.

Jarek

Dne 01.06.2019 v 23:51 Gene napsal(a):
If reading of punctuation isn't done properly, you can use the speech dictionary to manually enter the words you want to hear.  That may be enough information, but if you have questions about using the speech dictionary, ask here.

Jarek
--
Jarek

Gene

I'm not sure what you are asking.  If you type a backslash in the word field and then type how you want it spoken in the pronounced as field, the backslash will be pronounced that way.  You would have to write words in the pronounced as field and you might have to experiment by typing something and then reading it, then changing it untill it is spoken as or as close to as desired as you can get.  You can use phonetic spellings, put spaces between words, you can type whatever you want in the pronounced as field.  I don't know why you are asking about a carriage return.  You don't need to use it there and there is only one line to type on.

Sent: Sunday, June 02, 2019 6:48 AM

Hi gene, I am afraid, that I don't understand you.

If I have set the language Esperanto, Espeak says the whole addressar so:

Uzivatel backlash, appdata backslash, roaming backlash, nvda backlash, voice backlash, espeak backslash, dic.

I would like to hear Espeak saying in Esperanto.

Jarek

Dne 01.06.2019 v 23:51 Gene napsal(a):
If reading of punctuation isn't done properly, you can use the speech dictionary to manually enter the words you want to hear.  That may be enough information, but if you have questions about using the speech dictionary, ask here.

Jarek
--
Jarek

Jarek.Krcmar

Hi Gene,

I have a problem with one word.

If I press the key ), I hear Espeak saying right paren.

Is it in order?

I think, that it is right bracket.

Jarek

Sent: Sunday, June 02, 2019 6:48 AM

Hi gene, I am afraid, that I don't understand you.

If I have set the language Esperanto, Espeak says the whole addressar so:

Uzivatel backlash, appdata backslash, roaming backlash, nvda backlash, voice backlash, espeak backslash, dic.

I would like to hear Espeak saying in Esperanto.

Jarek

Dne 01.06.2019 v 23:51 Gene napsal(a):
If reading of punctuation isn't done properly, you can use the speech dictionary to manually enter the words you want to hear.  That may be enough information, but if you have questions about using the speech dictionary, ask here.

Jarek
--
Jarek
--
Jarek

Gene

There is a left and right paren.  On my keyboard, an american English keyboard, shift 9 is left paren and shift 10 is right paren.

Sent: Sunday, June 02, 2019 6:48 AM

Hi gene, I am afraid, that I don't understand you.

If I have set the language Esperanto, Espeak says the whole addressar so:

Uzivatel backlash, appdata backslash, roaming backlash, nvda backlash, voice backlash, espeak backslash, dic.

I would like to hear Espeak saying in Esperanto.

Jarek

Dne 01.06.2019 v 23:51 Gene napsal(a):
If reading of punctuation isn't done properly, you can use the speech dictionary to manually enter the words you want to hear.  That may be enough information, but if you have questions about using the speech dictionary, ask here.

Jarek
--
Jarek
--
Jarek

Antony Stone

There are round brackets, square brackets and curly brackets.

Some people use different shorter words for these, such as parentheses and
braces, but the word "bracket" alone is ambiguous.

Antony.

On Sunday 02 June 2019 at 21:42:45, Jarek.Krcmar wrote:

Hi Gene,

I have a problem with one word.

If I press the key ), I hear Espeak saying right paren.

Is it in order?

I think, that it is right bracket.

Jarek
--
Don't procrastinate - put it off until tomorrow.

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.

Ron Canazzi

Hi Group,

I am wondering if anyone speaks Esperanto any more.  I know it was a big thing that people in the 1960's tried to create a universal language and they wound up with Esperanto.  I can't think of anyone I ever knew that used it.

Sent: Sunday, June 02, 2019 6:48 AM

Hi gene, I am afraid, that I don't understand you.

If I have set the language Esperanto, Espeak says the whole addressar so:

Uzivatel backlash, appdata backslash, roaming backlash, nvda backlash, voice backlash, espeak backslash, dic.

I would like to hear Espeak saying in Esperanto.

Jarek

Dne 01.06.2019 v 23:51 Gene napsal(a):
If reading of punctuation isn't done properly, you can use the speech dictionary to manually enter the words you want to hear.  That may be enough information, but if you have questions about using the speech dictionary, ask here.

Jarek
--
Jarek

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Rosemarie Chavarria

I doubt if anybody speaks it anymore. Personally I don’t know anyone who speaks it.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Sunday, June 02, 2019 6:48 AM

Hi gene, I am afraid, that I don't understand you.

If I have set the language Esperanto, Espeak says the whole addressar so:

Uzivatel backlash, appdata backslash, roaming backlash, nvda backlash, voice backlash, espeak backslash, dic.

I would like to hear Espeak saying in Esperanto.

Jarek

Dne 01.06.2019 v 23:51 Gene napsal(a):

If reading of punctuation isn't done properly, you can use the speech dictionary to manually enter the words you want to hear.  That may be enough information, but if you have questions about using the speech dictionary, ask here.

Jarek
--
Jarek

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

I'm sorry, my English is bad, and my Esperanto language is good. There are many who speak the International language Esperanto. I'm one of them. On my PC or laptop computer I have several programs that are localized in the Esperanto language. So is my version of Firefox in Esperanto language, the same Total Commander and a few other programs. There is a good mailing list for developers who speak Esperanto as well as terminology in general for computer science. There are also several mailing lists for blind people who speak Esperanto, including the World Organization of Blind people who speak Esperanto, it is LIBE and web site is http://www.libe.slikom.info/ Google translates to or from Esperanto.

Ĝis la ...!

Amike: Gradimir

Sendita: Lundo, la 3-an de junio 2019 02:58
Temo: Re: [nvda] Nvda and Language Esperanto

[...]

Brian K. Lingard

                             Dear Ron & List:

Yes, there are Esperanto clubs &^& practice opportunities live in many places of the world and others via Skype, Team Speak and other voice communication Apps.

As it always has been, a niche language primarily for persons who enjoy learning additional languages.

It is considered an Auxiliary language, I guess as opposed to one used generally.

Someone even publishes a daily newspaper in Esperanto, possibly some magazines too.

It is like being a Latin scholar if you are Roman Catholic. You can correspond and telephone church officials in the Vatican. They generally appreciate you taking the time & effort to send well written Latin correspondence.

Friend of mine received a reply from the Curia in the Vatican congratulating him on his facility in Latin.

Together with Greek, it is a good thing for medical professionals to know.

Brian K. Lingard

I am wondering if anyone speaks Esperanto any more.  I know it was a big thing that people in the 1960's tried to create a universal language and they wound up with Esperanto.  I can't think of anyone I ever knew that used it.

On 6/2/2019 10:38 AM, Jarek.Krcmar wrote:

Hi Gene,

It seems to be rather in order.

I write in dictionary a punctuation and then the equivalent in Esperanto.

But there is a problem: How to write the Carriage return? I think, that I must write the words, because for them does not exist a punctuation?

Jarek

Den 02.06.2019 v 14:13 Gene nasal (a):

I don't know how such things are said in Esperanto.  In the speech dictionary, used to change the pronunciation of whatever you want to change, you can put the punctuation mark in and tell the dictionary how you want it said.  But the problem is that you will then hear punctuation spoken that way in English as well.

Sent: Sunday, June 02, 2019 6:48 AM

Hi gene, I am afraid, that I don't understand you.

If I have set the language Esperanto, Speak says the whole addresser so:

Uzivatel backlash, appdata backslash, roaming backlash, nvda backlash, voice backlash, speak backslash, dictionary y.

I would like to hear Speak saying in Esperanto.

Jarek

Den 01.06.2019 v 23:51 Gene nasal (a):

If reading of punctuation isn't done properly, you can use the speech dictionary to manually enter the words you want to hear.  That may be enough information, but if you have questions about using the speech dictionary, ask here.

Jarek
--
Jarek

Ron Canazzi

Wonder why this response took so long to arrive here.