Getting more voices for NvDA

Bill and Marie Johnson

Can somebody tell me Please where to find more voices? I have two systems, This one, Windows 10 pro, and
the old one Windows 7 Home Premium. Thank you in advance.--

Bill R Johnson Come join me at either list below

MemoriesOfDaysGoneBy+subscribe@groups.io

HelpNeededList+subscribe@groups.io

Sarah k Alawami

For windows 10 use the 1core voices. I love them. I also use espeak as well which works for what i need it for. But one core is very good. For windows 8 or 4 I don't use those anymore but youcold go to code factory's website and order the elequence synth they have there.

and for hosting options go here
to subscribe to the feed click here

On 16 Jun 2019, at 9:03, Bill and Marie Johnson wrote:

Can somebody tell me Please where to find more voices? I have two systems, This one, Windows 10 pro, and
the old one Windows 7 Home Premium. Thank you in advance.--

Bill R Johnson Come join me at either list below

MemoriesOfDaysGoneBy+subscribe@groups.io

HelpNeededList+subscribe@groups.io

The Windows 10 machine can definitely use the One Core voices.  Up through Version 1809 you have to download them as part of language packs.  I have been told that this will no longer be necessary as of Version 1903, but haven't played with that yet on my one machine that's got 1903 on it.

I haven't touched Windows 7 in years now, so I'm no help there.

        ~ H.L. Mencken

Bill and Marie Johnson

Thank you Brian. Can you please tell me where do I go, specifically
what menu to get them especially for my Windows 10 machine and again
Thank you.

On 6/16/2019 11:17 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:
The Windows 10 machine can definitely use the One Core voices.  Up
through Version 1809 you have to download them as part of language
packs.  I have been told that this will no longer be necessary as of
Version 1903, but haven't played with that yet on my one machine that's
got 1903 on it.

I haven't touched Windows 7 in years now, so I'm no help there.

*/Puritanism:  The haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be happy./*

        ~ H.L. Mencken

--

Bill R Johnson Come join me at either list below

MemoriesOfDaysGoneBy+subscribe@groups.io

HelpNeededList+subscribe@groups.io

Bill and Marie Johnson

thank you Sarah. I see why theese lists can be mighty handy. Thank
you. Bill

On 6/16/2019 11:16 AM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
For windows 10 use the 1core voices. I love them. I also use espeak as
well which works for what i need it for. But one core is very good. For
windows 8 or 4 I don't use those anymore but youcold go to code
factory's website and order the elequence synth they have there.

<http://www.tffppodcast.com> This is also our libsyn page as well.
<http://www.tffppodcast.com/premium>
and for hosting options go here <http://www.tffppodcast.com/hosting>

Our telegram <https://t.me/tffppodcast> channel is also a good place for
an announce only in regard to podcasts, contests, etc.

<Http://patreon.com/tffppodcast>

<mailto:MemoriesOfDaysGoneBy+subscribe@groups.io>

HelpNeededList+subscribe@groups.io
<mailto:HelpNeededList+subscribe@groups.io>

Bill R Johnson Come join me at either list below

MemoriesOfDaysGoneBy+subscribe@groups.io

HelpNeededList+subscribe@groups.io

Mohamed

Yes, as of 1903 you can go in to settings>time and language>speech, and an add voices button can be found there. From the resulting dialog you can download all available voice packages.

On 6/16/2019 12:17 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
The Windows 10 machine can definitely use the One Core voices.  Up through Version 1809 you have to download them as part of language packs.  I have been told that this will no longer be necessary as of Version 1903, but haven't played with that yet on my one machine that's got 1903 on it.

I haven't touched Windows 7 in years now, so I'm no help there.

        ~ H.L. Mencken

Abbie Taylor <abbietaylor945@...>

To clarify, unless you want the Windows One-Core voices in a different language, you don't need to download them with earlier versions of NVDA. Simply go to Preferences, then Text-to-Speech, and Windows One-Core should be listed in the drop-down menu. I hope that helps.
--
Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author
http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com

Bill and Marie Johnson

Hi list. Could somebody please give me the menu path where I can get more voices for NVDA Much appreciated. Bill
--

Bill R Johnson Come join me at either list below

MemoriesOfDaysGoneBy+subscribe@groups.io

HelpNeededList+subscribe@groups.io

I'm not sure just what you want.  There is a page on Github, that discusses a lot of voices.  The thing it didn't discuss when I looked a few months ago is the SAPI version of Eloquence you can buy.  It does discuss the Eloquence add-on, which offers another synthesizer as well.  But unless this has changed, the Eloquence that comes with it has a lot of annoying artifacts.  If you want Eloquence, ask here about the SAPI version.  You may want to try the add-on to see if it has been improved, it has or runs as a demo, I don't remember which, but if the Eloquence isn't satisfactory, you can ask and find out more about the SAPI version here.  It has a demo.

Sent: Monday, June 17, 2019 6:38 PM
Subject: [nvda] Adding voices to NVDa

Hi list.  Could somebody please give me the menu path where I can get
more voices for NVDA   Much appreciated.  Bill
--

Bill R Johnson Come join me at either list below

MemoriesOfDaysGoneBy+subscribe@groups.io

HelpNeededList+subscribe@groups.io

I forgot to give the link for the page.

Sent: Monday, June 17, 2019 10:19 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Getting more voices for NvDA

Sent: Monday, June 17, 2019 6:38 PM

Hi list.  Could somebody please give me the menu path where I can get
more voices for NVDA   Much appreciated.  Bill
--

Bill R Johnson Come join me at either list below

MemoriesOfDaysGoneBy+subscribe@groups.io

HelpNeededList+subscribe@groups.io

Quentin Christensen

Hi Bill,

Here's our page with info on extra voices: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/wiki/ExtraVoices

Note, if you are using Windows 10 and want extra Windows OneCore voices, the way to do it is to go into your Speech Settings and add voices there (you need to install languages and the speech pack for the language.  Many have variants through, so for English, you have British English, US English, Australian English, Canadian, Irish, South African etc.)

Regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Jun 18, 2019 at 9:39 AM Bill and Marie Johnson <bj1951@...> wrote:
Hi list.  Could somebody please give me the menu path where I can get
more voices for NVDA   Much appreciated.  Bill
--

Bill R Johnson Come join me at either list below

MemoriesOfDaysGoneBy+subscribe@groups.io

HelpNeededList+subscribe@groups.io

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

NVDA 2019.2beta1 now available!

Cecelia Rodriguez <cessbraille@...>

I think you go to the tools section and go to where it says get more voices