strange thing in Nvda

Jarek.Krcmar

Hello everyone,
I found that when downloading large files, Nvda reports to me how much percent has been downloaded, although I have set it to only beep.
Don't know, please, where can the error be?

--
Jarek

Gene

If you are using Chrome, that appears to be an announcement chrome generates, unlrelated to NVDA's read progress bar functions. 

I don't know if it can be stopped.

Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 3:02 AM
Subject: [nvda] strange thing in Nvda

Hello everyone,
I found that when downloading large files, Nvda reports to me how much
percent has been downloaded, although I have set it to only beep.

--
Jarek

Jarek.Krcmar

Gene,

I don't use Chrome, I use Mozila Firefox.

During downloading I press Ctrl+J, then I can hear the beef and also the voice saying the numbers of procents.

Jarek

Dne 19.06.2019 v 10:50 Gene napsal(a):
If you are using Chrome, that appears to be an announcement chrome generates, unlrelated to NVDA's read progress bar functions. 

Gene

Hello everyone,

--
Jarek

-- 
Jarek

Gene

This is a good opportunity to remind people who don't do so, that when presenting a problem, what is being used and what is done that causes the problem should be reported. 

I doubt you can do anything about this.  At times, information is sent to NvdA that it reads automatically and this speech isn't related to progress updates.  Even if they are off, the information is spoken.  In this case, as I recall, if you leave the window, you won't hear it.  So just don't stay in the window when you don't want to hear the status of the download. 

This appears to be a problem introduced into quantum Firefox.  I don't recall it existing before quantum. 

Gene

Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 6:37 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] strange thing in Nvda

Gene,

I don't use Chrome, I use Mozila Firefox.

During downloading I press Ctrl+J, then I can hear the beef and also the voice saying the numbers of procents.

Jarek

Dne 19.06.2019 v 10:50 Gene napsal(a):

Gene

Hello everyone,

--
Jarek

-- 
Jarek

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi

Maybe you got it on speak and beep.

Use the nvda key + letter U to toggle it to the one you want. for example beep, speak and beep , speak or none.

Gene nz

On 19/06/2019 8:02 PM, Jarek.Krcmar wrote:
Hello everyone,
I found that when downloading large files, Nvda reports to me how much percent has been downloaded, although I have set it to only beep.

--
Check out my website for NVDA tutorials and other blindness related materials at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net

To find out which library networks in New Zealand have a copy of the NVDA screen reader on them and there library locations please go to http://www.accessibilitycentral.net/nz%20libraries%20with%20nvda.html
To find a NVDA certified expert near you, please visit the following link https://certification.nvaccess.org/. The certification page contains the official list of NVDA certified individuals from around the world, who have sat and successfully passed the NVDA expert exam.

Luke Davis

In Firefox, if you open the download window while the file is still downloading, the download percentage is shown on screen. It may be that this changing status wasn't announced previously but is now, I can't recall, although I thought it was. In any case, this is not related to status bar progress announcements.

Regardless the solution is simple: don't watch the download in progress. In other words: if you start a large download, go browse somewhere else and don't open the downloads window (which Firefox calls a library).

Luke

On Wed, 19 Jun 2019, Jarek.Krcmar wrote: