OT. Asking regarding accessible python program compiler

Narayan <krishnashree1221@...>

hi friends, sorry for of topic mater. I want to build a simple dictionary using python script with help of JSON file. which should be compatible NVDA screen reader. In this job which python program or compiler accessible for me? please suggest me regarding this. thank you in advance.

--
Shree

I can't help you with your question, but I do want to point out that it is not off-topic.  Questions regarding which programs/utilities/etc. are accessible using NVDA are definitely on-topic for this group.  The group description now reads, in part, "Questions about which programs are accessible using NVDA, NVDA add-ons, and configuring Braille displays for use with NVDA are also permitted."

If the discussion were about how to code in Python, what the structure of a JSON file is, or similar, that would be off-topic but would also be perfectly appropriate for the chat subgroup.

I hope that some of our members that are also Python coders will have some suggestions for you.

        ~ H.L. Mencken

farhan israk

Try microsoft visual studio code with python add-on by Microsoft.

On Wed, 19 Jun 2019, 9:32 pm Brian Vogel, <britechguy@...> wrote:
I can't help you with your question, but I do want to point out that it is not off-topic.  Questions regarding which programs/utilities/etc. are accessible using NVDA are definitely on-topic for this group.  The group description now reads, in part, "Questions about which programs are accessible using NVDA, NVDA add-ons, and configuring Braille displays for use with NVDA are also permitted."

If the discussion were about how to code in Python, what the structure of a JSON file is, or similar, that would be off-topic but would also be perfectly appropriate for the chat subgroup.

I hope that some of our members that are also Python coders will have some suggestions for you.

        ~ H.L. Mencken

Rayn Darren <rayndarren@...>

You can also use Notepad++ but do not get the latest version as it isn’t compatible with NVDA. The version, at least the  one I use on a regular basis for python and json btw, is version 7.6.

Try microsoft visual studio code with python add-on by Microsoft.

On Wed, 19 Jun 2019, 9:32 pm Brian Vogel, <britechguy@...> wrote:

I can't help you with your question, but I do want to point out that it is not off-topic.  Questions regarding which programs/utilities/etc. are accessible using NVDA are definitely on-topic for this group.  The group description now reads, in part, "Questions about which programs are accessible using NVDA, NVDA add-ons, and configuring Braille displays for use with NVDA are also permitted."

If the discussion were about how to code in Python, what the structure of a JSON file is, or similar, that would be off-topic but would also be perfectly appropriate for the chat subgroup.

I hope that some of our members that are also Python coders will have some suggestions for you.

        ~ H.L. Mencken

Greg Wocher

Hello,
I can use the latest version of Notepad++ just fine with NVDA. I am running NVDA 2019.2 beta 1 on a Windows 10 desktop.

Greg Wocher

On Jun 19, 2019, at 3:12 PM, Rayn Darren <rayndarren@...> wrote:

[...]

Huh, perhaps I got a bad download then. Thanks!

Try microsoft visual studio code with python add-on by Microsoft.

On Wed, 19 Jun 2019, 9:32 pm Brian Vogel, <britechguy@...> wrote:

I can't help you with your question, but I do want to point out that it is not off-topic.  Questions regarding which programs/utilities/etc. are accessible using NVDA are definitely on-topic for this group.  The group description now reads, in part, "Questions about which programs are accessible using NVDA, NVDA add-ons, and configuring Braille displays for use with NVDA are also permitted."

If the discussion were about how to code in Python, what the structure of a JSON file is, or similar, that would be off-topic but would also be perfectly appropriate for the chat subgroup.

I hope that some of our members that are also Python coders will have some suggestions for you.

        ~ H.L. Mencken

Jaffar Sidek <jaffar.sidek10@...>

Hi.  You can download Python from www.python.org as it comes with a python interactive shell.  Download and install the latest package making sure it is Python3.  Support for Python 2 will be dropped next year.  During installation, make sure you choose to have Python on your environment's path.  After installation, go to CMD, then type the following:

Python --version and you should get the following output if installation is done correctly

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17763.557]
(c) 2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\jaffar>py -3
Python 3.7.3 (v3.7.3:ef4ec6ed12, Mar 25 2019, 22:22:05) [MSC v.1916 64 bit (AMD64)] on win32

now you can output your first python program

print ("Hello Python")

output:

Hello Python!

Cheers!

On 6/19/2019 11:32 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
I can't help you with your question, but I do want to point out that it is not off-topic.  Questions regarding which programs/utilities/etc. are accessible using NVDA are definitely on-topic for this group.  The group description now reads, in part, "Questions about which programs are accessible using NVDA, NVDA add-ons, and configuring Braille displays for use with NVDA are also permitted."

If the discussion were about how to code in Python, what the structure of a JSON file is, or similar, that would be off-topic but would also be perfectly appropriate for the chat subgroup.

I hope that some of our members that are also Python coders will have some suggestions for you.

        ~ H.L. Mencken

--
Pictures paint a thousand words;
Melodies paint a thousand dreams;

Luke Davis

I believe there was a problem with notepad++ latest version, that prevented it from working with 2019.1.1. If you use NVDA beta, the fix should be in.

Luke

On Wed, 19 Jun 2019, Rayn Darren wrote:

Huh, perhaps I got a bad download then. Thanks!

Narayan <krishnashree1221@...>

Thanks to all. I got success to run python program in my computer. thanks once again.

On 6/19/2019 10:09 PM, farhan israk wrote:

[...]

How to run python code in notepad plus plus?

On Sat, Jun 22, 2019 at 03:25 PM, farhan israk wrote:
How to run python code in notepad plus plus?
That is, without question, off-topic for this group.  It has nothing whatsoever to do with NVDA.  If you wish to have this conversation take it to the Chat Subgroup.

        ~ H.L. Mencken

Kerryn Gunness <k_gunness@...>

what is the chat sub group for programming?

On Sat, Jun 22, 2019 at 04:08 PM, Kerryn Gunness wrote:
what is the chat sub group for programming?
The chat subgroup is for anything, anything at all, that is off topic for the main group.   It has been primarily focused on various technical discussions, but need not be so.

The current NVDA Group Welcome Message and the Monthly Reminder both contain the following two paragraphs.   If the question posed in the second one is asked and answered honestly, you know whether your topic belongs in the main NVDA group or on the chat subgroup:

The NVDA Group has a Chat Subgroup (see: https://nvda.groups.io/g/chat, Group Email Addresses section) that has as its purpose the asking of virtually any “off-topic” question about anything you can think of, including just socializing.  It should be used for exactly that purpose. Only those who are already members of the NVDA Group can subscribe to the Chat Subgroup.  The Chat Subgroup has generally had technically focused topics related to using specific program features.

Before choosing where to post, please ask yourself the question, “Is what I’m about to ask directly related to controlling or using NVDA, or whether a specific program is accessible with NVDA?”  If that can be answered, “Yes,” then post to the NVDA Group, and if the answer is, “No,” then the topic belongs in the NVDA Chat Subgroup.

I think it's pretty clear that questions about Python coding and how to use Notepad++ features are an obvious, "No," when the above question is posed and the advice given followed.

All it takes is asking that question, answering honestly, and posting accordingly.

        ~ H.L. Mencken

Antony Stone

* Subscribe: mailto:chat+subscribe@nvda.groups.io
* Post: mailto:chat@nvda.groups.io

Antony.

On Saturday 22 June 2019 at 22:08:20, Kerryn Gunness via Groups.Io wrote:

what is the chat sub group for programming?
--
In the Beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

- Terry Pratchett

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.

Kerryn Gunness <k_gunness@...>

thanks bryan
but do u no if there is an  accessible programming mailing list?
by this i mean, to learn programming languages

On Sat, Jun 22, 2019 at 05:02 PM, Kerryn Gunness wrote:
but do u no if there is an  accessible programming mailing list?
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=blind+programmers+mailing+list

The first two, plus many more if you keep reviewing the results.  This is why the following is in the group rules:  "Please consider using a web search first for questions that have almost certainly been asked frequently and for which myriad answers, often in the form of tutorials, already exist."

        ~ H.L. Mencken

Kerryn Gunness <k_gunness@...>

thank u again bryan