From: Chris Mullins
Sent: Monday, June 24, 2019 4:23 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Need key commands for gmail

Hi Fred

I understand as I am totally blind and my wife does not have a clue about using the keyboard because she can do what she wants using the mouse.  As a blind computer user, I occasionally require sighted help and this occurs usually when for one reason or another, my computer locks up and doesn’t give me any speech output. or I cannot get some information because it is inaccessible to a screen reader.

As for NVDA help, there are good quality tutorials available to purchase if that would work for you or if you have a reasonable level of understanding Windows, you could have a look at the NVDA user guide and command reference guides, both of which are part of the NVDA product.

I don’t know what your grandson has set up for you but the first thing to do is to get your system to start up with NVDA running, so you can get yur computer up and running without sighted assistance.  Are you able to do this?  If not, let us know and the process for setting up NVDA can be described for you.

Cheers

Chris