Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2019 10:37 AM
Subject: [nvda] nvda gives me silent treatment

Good morning listers.  Having trouble when writing a message in windows mail.  Nvda does not speak to me when I type; Tried notepad also and he speaks fine.  Have characters, words and speech on.  If anyone has suggestions of anything else I might try, thanks in advance.

Marv

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

marvin kotler

                I am using eloquence; nvda stays silent no matter how long I wait; using latest version of nvda and windows 1903.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Chris

Install the win10 app essentials see that helps any

Good morning listers.  Having trouble when writing a message in windows mail.  Nvda does not speak to me when I type; Tried notepad also and he speaks fine.  Have characters, words and speech on.  If anyone has suggestions of anything else I might try, thanks in advance.

Marv

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Gene

Did the problem start after something like a Windows or NVDA update?

Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2019 10:58 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] nvda gives me silent treatment

                I am using eloquence; nvda stays silent no matter how long I wait; using latest version of nvda and windows 1903.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi

Not sure if the windows esentuals add on will fix it but I know back a few versions of Windows 10 there had to be work done on the windows side to fix that problem.

I am pretty sure you are going to have to upgrade your version of windows so it speaks in those areas in windows mail.

There is a mention in the tutorial for windows mail and also Microsoft edge the older version of it.

The link to this page where it comes off is http://accessibilitycentral.net/nvda%20tutorials%20for%20other%20programs.html

When you get to the page jump down by heading until you get to the windows mail tutorial.

I am guessing you have a old er version of windows maybe 1803? I just can not remember when it got fixed.

Gene nz

On 27/06/2019 3:37 AM, marvin kotler wrote:

Good morning listers.  Having trouble when writing a message in windows mail.  Nvda does not speak to me when I type; Tried notepad also and he speaks fine.  Have characters, words and speech on.  If anyone has suggestions of anything else I might try, thanks in advance.

Marv

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Gary Metzler

Hi All,

I am getting the silent treatment in outlook and notepad.  Is there a fix for this?  Thanks for any help.