Windows10.1903 and NVDA’s saying Volume level?

Gerardo Corripio

Yesterday afternoon, I updated my HP Pavilion Laptop to Windows10.1903 with latest stable NVDA; I’m really enjoying the new characteristic in which when pressing FN+F7&F8 to lower and raise the Laptop’s volume (on some Laptops like my previous one this was FN+F8&F9), NVDA says Volume Level, thus making it a blast to be able to determine if the volume is at the adequate level! I’d like, if
1.-the option of turning this off and on would be available; I’m aware not everyone likes this characteristic.
2.-If it’d say the volume percentage as one slides the volume control with the before-mentioned keys?

Gera
Enviado desde mi iPhone SE de Telcel

Hi,
The way it is implemented requires an option to turn off notifications, which isn't possible for a certain type of notification used for these. I'll look into resolving this shortly.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gerardo Corripio
Sent: Friday, June 28, 2019 5:40 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Windows10.1903 and NVDA’s saying Volume level?

Yesterday afternoon, I updated my HP Pavilion Laptop to Windows10.1903 with latest stable NVDA; I’m really enjoying the new characteristic in which when pressing FN+F7&F8 to lower and raise the Laptop’s volume (on some Laptops like my previous one this was FN+F8&F9), NVDA says Volume Level, thus making it a blast to be able to determine if the volume is at the adequate level! I’d like, if 1.-the option of turning this off and on would be available; I’m aware not everyone likes this characteristic.
2.-If it’d say the volume percentage as one slides the volume control with the before-mentioned keys?

Gera
Enviado desde mi iPhone SE de Telcel

Stephanie Smeader

I like that when NVDA tells us what our volume levels are!

David Moore

I love, as well,  to hear NVDA saying what the volume levels are!

Narrator does that as well.

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Saturday, June 29, 2019 7:02 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Windows10.1903 and NVDA’s saying Volume level?

I do like it except that it will repeat it constantly when adjusting and lag behind in doing so.

When you plug or unplug a speaker or headset the volume is also announced.

On 30/06/2019 10:22 AM, Stephanie Smeader wrote: