VPN Recommendations

Bhavya shah

Dear all,

I was looking for VPN software recommendations that are free and
accessible with NVDA. I checked this list's archives perfunctorily and
came across Pearl VPN, whcih appears to be a commercial software.

I would appreciate any inputs and suggestions for the above.

Thanks.

--
Best Regards
Bhavya Shah

E-mail Address: bhavya.shah125@gmail.com

Jonathan COHN

Hello,

You will need to describe what your expectations for a VPN are, since it can mean to very different things. When I did a google search for perl vpn, all I saw was perl scripts and modules to manage VPN technologies. Most perl programs can be run on the command line, and are therefore somewhat accessible, though one needs to know the appropriate command to execute changes.
Take care,
Jonathan Cohn

Antony Stone

The spelling was "Pearl" as in https://www.pearlvpn.com/

Regards,

Antony.

On Wednesday 03 July 2019 at 21:07:00, Cohn, Jonathan wrote:

Hello,

You will need to describe what your expectations for a VPN are, since it
can mean to very different things. When I did a google search for perl
vpn, all I saw was perl scripts and modules to manage VPN technologies.
Most perl programs can be run on the command line, and are therefore
somewhat accessible, though one needs to know the appropriate command to
execute changes. Take care,
Jonathan Cohn
--
"Remember: the S in IoT stands for Security."

- Jan-Piet Mens

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.

Jaffar Sidek <jaffar.sidek10@...>

Try https://openvpn.net/

It is open source and very easy to use and is accessible through the system tray.  Use it everyday for my work.  Cheers!

On 7/3/2019 11:07 PM, Bhavya shah wrote:
Dear all,

I was looking for VPN software recommendations that are free and
accessible with NVDA. I checked this list's archives perfunctorily and
came across Pearl VPN, whcih appears to be a commercial software.

I would appreciate any inputs and suggestions for the above.

Thanks.
--
Pictures paint a thousand words;
Melodies paint a thousand dreams;

David Mehler

Hi,

How do you have your openvpn setup?

Thanks.
Dave.

On 7/3/19, Jaffar Sidek <jaffar.sidek10@gmail.com> wrote:
Try https://openvpn.net/

It is open source and very easy to use and is accessible through the
system tray.  Use it everyday for my work.  Cheers!

On 7/3/2019 11:07 PM, Bhavya shah wrote:
Dear all,

I was looking for VPN software recommendations that are free and
accessible with NVDA. I checked this list's archives perfunctorily and
came across Pearl VPN, whcih appears to be a commercial software.

I would appreciate any inputs and suggestions for the above.

Thanks.
--
Pictures paint a thousand words;
Melodies paint a thousand dreams;
Music paints a thousand worlds;
Movies light up fantasy screens.

Bhavya shah

Dear all,

My expectation of a VPN are simply to change my location as it appears
to a website. Hope that clarifies. In regards to OpenVPN, I have just
downloaded it and it is currently being installed. I wll report back
in case I have any issues with it. Thank you so much for recommending.

Thanks.

On 7/4/19, David Mehler <dave.mehler@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Stephen

You can actually use any kind of VPN service, be it Private internet access, NordVPN or ExpressVPN and instead of downloading their own applications, you can use the OpenVPN GUI, so you don't have to worry about screen reader incopatibility, it does take a little bit more work to set it up though, but it is fairly easy. Most VPN companies have clear instructions on how to do this.