Is the windows10 version of itunes accessible with NVDA?

brandon

Hi all,

I have been trying to get the most current version of Itunes to work well on my computer. It seems that they don't want to play nice right now NVDA and itunes both are very sluggish and both processor intensive.

I was wondering since there is a itunes for windows 10 if that would work well with nvda rather then the current non-windows 10 verson.

Thanks for your assistance.

Brandon

Arlene

Hi There:  I have a friend who uses iTunes with windows ten. She says it’s not very nice.  I think she uses jaws.   It’s doable but I don’t know how she works it.  I’ll ask her when she calls.  It worked ok with 7 but I think when my computer was on its last legs I thought it was both iTunes and the computer dying.  I just got this win ten just before March 2019.  I got this system while trying to complete my food safe class.  I remember asking this list if I can get a usb sound card.  I could not wait for one because I had to order it.  Plus I had 4 usb ports burned out on my old 7 box.  I was using iTunes. 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: July 12, 2019 9:20 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Is the windows10 version of itunes accessible with NVDA?

Hi all,

I have been trying to get the most current version of Itunes to work

well on my computer. It seems that they don't want to play nice right

now NVDA and itunes both are very sluggish and both processor intensive.

I was wondering since there is a itunes for windows 10 if that would

work well with nvda rather then the current non-windows 10 verson.

Brandon

Robert Doc Wright godfearer

iTunes is useful and accessible. Where have you been having problems? I use it all the time.

If all I have left in this world is God, I have everything!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Friday, July 12, 2019 10:20 PM

Hi all,

Brandon

Giles Turnbull

Hi Brandon,

I use the latest version of iTunes on a Win10 PC. iTunes is sometimes tricky to navigate but it is just a question of getting used to it. In the help menu (annoyingly the names of the menus aren't spoken for me, but by arrowing down the menu you can hear what the options are) and there is keyboard shortcuts information in the help menu, which is the furthest right menu as with most pieces of software .

I ran into trouble the other day when 3 tracks from an album I had bought would not play in WinAmp nor in iTunes ... it kept prompting me to login to iTunes but, after logging in and trying to play the track, it again took me to the login / "authorise this computer" page.

I Googled the email contact for iTunes and contacted them with the problem. I had a very good and quick response from a person on the support team. The problem didn't get sorted so he suggested I phoned and asked to speak to the technical support team, which I did. My call to them lasted for about an hour and, as we weren't getting a totally satisfactory solution (the track would play on my iPhone but not on my Windows PC in iTunes or WinAmp) I mentioned that I was blind and using NVDA ... and he put me through to a disabilities team and that team helped me re-download the tracks I'd purchased and that did fix the problematic playback issue!

The one thing I was impressed with was that I never felt I was being pushed from one team to the next ... each one tried their best to help me and, if I'd known there was a team that deals with disabled people and is aware of NVDA and JAWS, then I would probably got a quicker answer.

Often when a new version of iTunes is made available I don't tend to install it right away, just to give chance for any issues to be reported to iTunes and for them to fix them! :)

Giles

Don H

I think I heard in the news that ITunes is going away soon.

On 7/13/2019 8:30 AM, Giles Turnbull wrote:
Hi Brandon,
I use the latest version of iTunes on a Win10 PC. iTunes is sometimes tricky to navigate but it is just a question of getting used to it. In the help menu (annoyingly the names of the menus aren't spoken for me, but by arrowing down the menu you can hear what the options are) and there is keyboard shortcuts information in the help menu, which is the furthest right menu as with most pieces of software .
I ran into trouble the other day when 3 tracks from an album I had bought would not play in WinAmp nor in iTunes ... it kept prompting me to login to iTunes but, after logging in and trying to play the track, it again took me to the login / "authorise this computer" page.
I Googled the email contact for iTunes and contacted them with the problem. I had a very good and quick response from a person on the support team. The problem didn't get sorted so he suggested I phoned and asked to speak to the technical support team, which I did. My call to them lasted for about an hour and, as we weren't getting a totally satisfactory solution (the track would play on my iPhone but not on my Windows PC in iTunes or WinAmp) I mentioned that I was blind and using NVDA ... and he put me through to a disabilities team and that team helped me re-download the tracks I'd purchased and that did fix the problematic playback issue!
The one thing I was impressed with was that I never felt I was being pushed from one team to the next ... each one tried their best to help me and, if I'd known there was a team that deals with disabled people and is aware of NVDA and JAWS, then I would probably got a quicker answer.
Often when a new version of iTunes is made available I don't tend to install it right away, just to give chance for any issues to be reported to iTunes and for them to fix them! :)
Giles

brandon

The current version of Itunes at least of my computer is accessible until I want to grab something from the store. It seems to lag and use a lot of my processing power and it takes forever to see what is on the store page.

That is why I was wondering if the windows store version of Itunes would be better.

Thanks.

Brandon

On 7/13/2019 1:30 AM, Robert Doc Wright godfearer wrote:

iTunes is useful and accessible. Where have you been having problems? I use it all the time.

If all I have left in this world is God, I have everything!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Friday, July 12, 2019 10:20 PM

Hi all,

Brandon

Hope Williamson <hopeisjoyful@...>

iTunes will only be going away for the Mac. It’s still going to be lingering for windows unfortunately. https://www.macrumors.com/2019/06/04/itunes-for-windows-is-sticking-around/

Arlene

It should go away for windows not the Mac.

Sent: July 13, 2019 3:00 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Is the windows10 version of itunes accessible with NVDA?

iTunes will only be going away for the Mac. It’s still going to be lingering for windows unfortunately. https://www.macrumors.com/2019/06/04/itunes-for-windows-is-sticking-around/

Felix G.

Hi!
Signal to noise ratio of this thread is going down. We should probably
leave it at that.
Best,
Felix

Am So., 14. Juli 2019 um 00:12 Uhr schrieb Arlene <nedster66@gmail.com>:

It should go away for windows not the Mac.

Sent: July 13, 2019 3:00 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Is the windows10 version of itunes accessible with NVDA?