Problem with Outlook Extended; Status: Enabled; Version: 1.2

Sam Bushman

Hi All,

I am having a problem with Outlook Extended; Status: Enabled; Version: 1.2 plugin.

I am running NonVisual Desktop Access (NVDA) Version: beta-18028,e579eb02

However same issue with the latest official release of NVDA as well.

When I press shift-nvda-I or shift-nvda-a the commands work perfectly.

But, when I press alt-1-9 I just get the message (Not in a message window).

This is when I am in a message.

Any ideas how I can resolve this?

Thanks so much for any help.

Sam

Ralf Kefferpuetz

Hello,

I’m one of the co-authors of this addon. Am I right that you are using office365 32bit version?

We discovered a problem that Microsoft changed some control-ID’s in the 32bit versions of Outlook and that’s why the Alt-numkeys aren’t working anymore.

I’m sure that a future update of the addon will handle this issue.

Best,

  Ralf

I am having a problem with Outlook Extended; Status: Enabled; Version: 1.2 plugin.

I am running NonVisual Desktop Access (NVDA) Version: beta-18028,e579eb02

However same issue with the latest official release of NVDA as well.

When I press shift-nvda-I or shift-nvda-a the commands work perfectly.

But, when I press alt-1-9 I just get the message (Not in a message window).

This is when I am in a message.

Any ideas how I can resolve this?

Thanks so much for any help.

Sam

Sam Bushman

Hi Ralf,

Yes, you are correct. Is it better for me to wait until the fix – or better for me to upgrade to the 64bit version?

I would be grateful for your recommendation.

Thanks,

Sam

I am having a problem with Outlook Extended; Status: Enabled; Version: 1.2 plugin.

I am running NonVisual Desktop Access (NVDA) Version: beta-18028,e579eb02

However same issue with the latest official release of NVDA as well.

When I press shift-nvda-I or shift-nvda-a the commands work perfectly.

But, when I press alt-1-9 I just get the message (Not in a message window).

This is when I am in a message.

Any ideas how I can resolve this?

Thanks so much for any help.

Sam

Ralf Kefferpuetz

Sam,

The fastest way would be to go to the 64bit version of Office 365 as long you have a 64bit Windows.

But don’t forget that you would have to uninstall and re-install Office and that would lead to loosing your Outlook settings.

I wrote Cyrille a message about the problem, She is taking care about the current addon. I’m going to find a solution together with her to get this solved.

I can offer you my older addon outlook enhanced in the meantime, I modified it so that it  works with the new control-ID’s.

Cheers,

  Ralf

I am having a problem with Outlook Extended; Status: Enabled; Version: 1.2 plugin.

I am running NonVisual Desktop Access (NVDA) Version: beta-18028,e579eb02

However same issue with the latest official release of NVDA as well.

When I press shift-nvda-I or shift-nvda-a the commands work perfectly.

But, when I press alt-1-9 I just get the message (Not in a message window).

This is when I am in a message.

Any ideas how I can resolve this?

Thanks so much for any help.

Sam

Angelo Sonnesso

Couldn’t you just backup the outlook.pst file?

73 N2DYN Angelo

I am having a problem with Outlook Extended; Status: Enabled; Version: 1.2 plugin.

I am running NonVisual Desktop Access (NVDA) Version: beta-18028,e579eb02

However same issue with the latest official release of NVDA as well.

When I press shift-nvda-I or shift-nvda-a the commands work perfectly.

But, when I press alt-1-9 I just get the message (Not in a message window).

This is when I am in a message.

Any ideas how I can resolve this?

Thanks so much for any help.

Sam

Ralf Kefferpuetz

The pst files wont be deleted, so all mails, contacts, calanders and folders would be safe, but you would have to create your mail accounts, folder views  and rules….

Couldn’t you just backup the outlook.pst file?

73 N2DYN Angelo

I am having a problem with Outlook Extended; Status: Enabled; Version: 1.2 plugin.

I am running NonVisual Desktop Access (NVDA) Version: beta-18028,e579eb02

However same issue with the latest official release of NVDA as well.

When I press shift-nvda-I or shift-nvda-a the commands work perfectly.

But, when I press alt-1-9 I just get the message (Not in a message window).

This is when I am in a message.

Any ideas how I can resolve this?

Thanks so much for any help.

Sam

Ralf Kefferpuetz

Hi Sam,

Please see below Cyrille her comments and ask.