the newest braille display?

ken lawrence

Hi list ken with a question.  This past week at the national federation of the blind convention,  one of the recipients of the baloton award was the manufacturer of a new braille display.  It is a company in the UK.  It is supposedly is a nine line 360 cell devise.  Is this out now or is it a prototype and if it’s available is there anyone on list who might be able to tell when NVDA will be able to support it

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Buddy Brannan

Canute is more a book reading device than anything, and is meant to read files off an internal SD card or an external USB drive. It is not designed to be a traditional display that reads computer output, although its fully open source nature (hardware and software) does leave the possibility, eventually, open for drivers to be written to make it work with a traditional screen reader. Check the Blind Bargains podcast (the BBQ) for details. I believe the most recent interview with Ed Rogers from Bristol Braille was from their CSUN coverage.

Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Email: buddy@brannan.name
Mobile: (814) 431-0962

On Jul 14, 2019, at 7:07 PM, ken lawrence via Groups.Io <kenlawrence124=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi list ken with a question. This past week at the

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Well it would be nice to have a full sized braille display I could use for braille reading and other things.

On 15/07/2019 11:49 AM, Buddy Brannan wrote:
Canute is more a book reading device than anything, and is meant to read files off an internal SD card or an external USB drive. It is not designed to be a traditional display that reads computer output, although its fully open source nature (hardware and software) does leave the possibility, eventually, open for drivers to be written to make it work with a traditional screen reader. Check the Blind Bargains podcast (the BBQ) for details. I believe the most recent interview with Ed Rogers from Bristol Braille was from their CSUN coverage.

Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Email: buddy@brannan.name
Mobile: (814) 431-0962

On Jul 14, 2019, at 7:07 PM, ken lawrence via Groups.Io <kenlawrence124=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi list ken with a question. This past week at the

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

David Csercsics

The last I heard, it would only be available posibly for preorder in the UK. You could sign up to potentially have yours shipped by the 31st of October, 2019. They are apparently only making 40 of them. Other people could have a "similar opportunity  some time later." So probably nothing to get excited about. Here is the link.

https://www.techno-vision.co.uk/news/