accessible e-book creation?

Daniel Wolak

Hi all,

I'm interested in finding a program that will allow me to create epub
books that's accessible with nvda. Ideally, I would like to be able to
import and use a collection of html files as chapters, although this
isn't 100% required. Would appreciate any pointers on any accessible
options for this that folks have found.

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

It maybe easier, to get your html files and either add then manually into one big file, as html or make a pdf or simply have the entire book in a huge text file, then using codex you can make a chm file, epub and other things.

I am not sure what the easiest way would be to make the book but in a word processer with the chapters in one huge file, you can make an epub easily enough.

On 15/07/2019 1:13 PM, Daniel Wolak wrote:
     Hi all,

I'm interested in finding a program that will allow me to create epub
books that's accessible with nvda. Ideally, I would like to be able to
import and use a collection of html files as chapters, although this
isn't 100% required. Would appreciate any pointers on any accessible
options for this that folks have found.

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

Sean Murphy

If you are writing a book, you require an EPub author tool. On windows I am not aware of any accessible products. It is important to keep your chapters in separate files to make the table of contents work effectively.

I would suggest looking at the DASY foundation site.