Hi all,

I'm interested in finding a program that will allow me to create epub
books that's accessible with nvda. Ideally, I would like to be able to
import and use a collection of html files as chapters, although this
isn't 100% required. Would appreciate any pointers on any accessible
options for this that folks have found.

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

It maybe easier, to get your html files and either add then manually into one big file, as html or make a pdf or simply have the entire book in a huge text file, then using codex you can make a chm file, epub and other things.

I am not sure what the easiest way would be to make the book but in a word processer with the chapters in one huge file, you can make an epub easily enough.

On 15/07/2019 1:13 PM, Daniel Wolak wrote:
     Hi all,

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

Sean Murphy

If you are writing a book, you require an EPub author tool. On windows I am not aware of any accessible products. It is important to keep your chapters in separate files to make the table of contents work effectively.

I would suggest looking at the DASY foundation site.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Daniel Wolak
Sent: Monday, 15 July 2019 11:14 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] accessible e-book creation?

Hi all,

I'm interested in finding a program that will allow me to create epub books that's accessible with nvda. Ideally, I would like to be able to import and use a collection of html files as chapters, although this isn't 100% required. Would appreciate any pointers on any accessible options for this that folks have found.

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

Hmmm, well that may be the subject for the blind vms cast.

Now, I have just a little load of things to do next week, but if you guys are interested, either shove this to chat or email me off list and I will look at it.

I do have linux in vmware, but I guess you will want to have something we can view in the windows os first.

Where would I go to get a look at tools and have anyone actually tried any, it could be a good project.

Again, if you are interested, email me and maybe I can add this to some sort of support thing on the cast, thats the 3rd message on this topic, so there is interest, and now I have a platform to post it.

On 15/07/2019 6:58 PM, Sean Murphy wrote:
If you are writing a book, you require an EPub author tool. On windows I am not aware of any accessible products. It is important to keep your chapters in separate files to make the table of contents work effectively.

Hi all,

I'm interested in finding a program that will allow me to create epub books that's accessible with nvda. Ideally, I would like to be able to import and use a collection of html files as chapters, although this isn't 100% required. Would appreciate any pointers on any accessible options for this that folks have found.

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

Jonathan COHN

You should talk with George Kerscher from the Daisy Consortium. Daisy and EPub 3 are overlapping standards, and I am pretty sure that daisy.org has a list of applications for creating Daisy files. This is an area where I have some interest but no time research so I would definitely listen in on a discussion of creating digital books using the NVDA screen reader.

Best Wishes,

Jonathan
On 7/14/19, 9:16 PM, "nvda@nvda.groups.io on behalf of Daniel Wolak" <nvda@nvda.groups.io on behalf of danielwolak97@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hi all,

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

Sarah k Alawami

I guess you can also use pandoc. And latex to write the book. There are tons of stuff on google and manuals, well written ones so learn at your own pace.

Good luck n your book.

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website. This is also our libsyn page as well.
For stuff we sell, mac training materials and  tutorials go here.
and for hosting options go here
to subscribe to the feed click here

Our telegram channel is also a good place for an announce only in regard to podcasts, contests, etc.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 15 Jul 2019, at 1:20, Shaun Everiss wrote:

Hmmm, well that may be the subject for the blind vms cast.

Now, I have just a little load of things to do next week, but if you guys are interested, either shove this to chat or email me off list and I will look at it.

I do have linux in vmware, but I guess you will want to have something we can view in the windows os first.

Where would I go to get a look at tools and have anyone actually tried any, it could be a good project.

Again, if you are interested, email me and maybe I can add this to some sort of support thing on the cast, thats the 3rd message on this topic, so there is interest, and now I have a platform to post it.

On 15/07/2019 6:58 PM, Sean Murphy wrote:

Hi all,

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

ely.r@...

Here is a link to an article that gives some basic things to consider when you are going to create an e-book. It is written specifically to address the issue using MS Word as a starting tool and what it can do for you and suggestions about further options.
Hope it helps.
Rick
https://www.pcworld.com/article/253618/how_to_use_microsoft_word_to_create_an_ebook.html

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sean Murphy
Sent: Monday, July 15, 2019 2:58 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] accessible e-book creation?

Hi all,

Thanks in advance,

Daniel