NVDA and Kurzweil 1000

Sile

Hello

I have just discovered that, under windows 10, I cannot navigate files scanned by Kurzweil 1000 using the standard cursor keys. The cursor just sits at the first letter on the first line of the file.

This used to work under Windows 7 with NVDA - is anyone else having this issue?

--Sile

No but it could be the same as my issues with explorer.

make sure icons and not thumbnails are on in folder options, empty drives are always shown, folders open in their own window and launch in a sepperate process.

This has helped me a lot but not completely.

I have noticed this behaviour in system restore creation.

The only way is to control tab away from system restore and keep doing that till system protection tab shows again.

If it still crashes on you, reboot, if you know the folder you want you can type explorer d:\folder\folder\folder and it will view it fine usually.

Its actually days like this I really want to find another shell replacement for windows explorer so I don't have to rely on it for at least viewing folders, its fine for just about anything else.

On 17/07/2019 10:15 AM, Sile via Groups.Io wrote:
Hello

I have just discovered that, under windows 10, I cannot navigate files scanned by Kurzweil 1000 using the standard cursor keys. The cursor just sits at the first letter on the first line of the file.

--Sile

Luke Davis

I know nothing about K1000, but just as a wild suggestion, have you tried switching between focus and browse modes? NVDA+space

On Tue, 16 Jul 2019, Sile via Groups.Io wrote:

Robert Doc Wright godfearer

I wish I could help. Since January I have not been able to install my copy of Kurzweild. They say I have to upgrade. As if I have an extra $200 just laying around.

If all I have left in this world is God, I have everything!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Wednesday, July 17, 2019 1:51 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA and Kurzweil 1000

I know nothing about K1000, but just as a wild suggestion, have you tried

switching between focus and browse modes? NVDA+space

> I have just discovered that, under windows 10, I cannot navigate files

> scanned by Kurzweil 1000 using the standard cursor keys. The cursor just sits

> at the first letter on the first line of the file.

> This used to work under Windows 7 with NVDA - is anyone else having this

> issue?

Curtis Delzer

which version of k1000 do you have?

Curtis Delzer 
HS
K 6 V F O
Rialto, CA

curtis@...
On 7/17/2019 8:09 PM, Robert Doc Wright godfearer wrote:

I wish I could help. Since January I have not been able to install my copy of Kurzweild. They say I have to upgrade. As if I have an extra $200 just laying around.

If all I have left in this world is God, I have everything!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Sent from Mail for Windows 10

> issue?

Robert Doc Wright godfearer

I think its v13. But I am guessing.

Sent: Thursday, July 25, 2019 3:41 PM

Curtis Delzer 
HS
K 6 V F O
Rialto, CA

curtis@...

> issue?

Sile

Hi, I recently ran into this issue as well. It was after I moved to windows 10. And the only way around it was to upgrade.

Sile

On Jul 25, 2019, at 2:41 PM, Curtis Delzer <curtis@...> wrote:

Curtis Delzer 
HS
K 6 V F O
Rialto, CA

curtis@...

> issue?