From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of John Isige
Sent: Wednesday, July 17, 2019 12:17 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] NVDA 2019.2 Beta 3, arrow keys do not work in Skype 8.49 under Windows 10 Ver. 1809.

Hey all. I think the subject about covers it. If I open Skype, this is the desktop version or whatever they're calling it, under NVDA 2019.2 Beta 3, and try to arrow around, nothing happens. It works fine under NVDA 2019.1.1. What should happen is that it moves and reads a line, e.g. "menu button submenu more options", "search for people groups and messages", "use dial pad", and so on, that's arrowing down from the top.
Tabbing between things works, but not the arrows, at least for me. I figured I'd mention it in case anybody knows of a fix, or at least to find out if it's a known issue, and if not, to make people aware of it.

hi joseph.
do you mean if i can install skype 8.49 one day and use nvda 2017.2
which is my favorite version, it works correctly without any issue?
thanks for your help, God bless you!

I think this has to do with the fact that Skype 8 is set by NVDA to not use
browse mode by default. Try pressing NVDA+Space and see if browse mode is
engaged.
Cheers,
Joseph

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens

Hi,
Unless I'm mistaken, Skype 8.49 does not support XP.
[...]

Arlene

There: You can try it if you want. Not sure if it will work with xp.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

do you mean if i can install skype 8.49 one day and use nvda 2017.2

which is my favorite version, it works correctly without any issue?

thanks for your help, God bless you!

> Hi,

> I think this has to do with the fact that Skype 8 is set by NVDA to not use

> browse mode by default. Try pressing NVDA+Space and see if browse mode is

> engaged.

> Cheers,

> Joseph

i really need to use skype.
i cant use android phone.
and skype for web does not support older versions of google chrome and
not support firefox at all.
whats the solution for me?

[...]

Felix G.

Hi!
The solution, as has been pointed out repeatedly, is to drop XP and
arrive in the 21st century. It's a great century to live in. I'm sure
you'll enjoy it.
Best,
Felix

Am Do., 18. Juli 2019 um 04:54 Uhr schrieb zahra <nasrinkhaksar3@gmail.com>:

[...]

xp is not for previous century!
xp first started in 2001!

<nasrinkhaksar3@gmail.com>:

[...]

Hareth <hareth4m@...>

Zahra,
Obviously, No available solution for you. unless its a hack or a mod.
Your operating system is out of date!
Therefore, its out of support, period.
Not by microsoft, or NVDA, or skype, nor chrome or firefox, ETC ETC.

On 7/18/19, zahra <nasrinkhaksar3@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

is there any free program that can communicate to skype server and
provide usage of skype for me like the time that i could use gw
connect?

On 7/18/19, Hareth <hareth4m@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Ralf Kefferpuetz

There is no such program to my knowledge because Skype removed this public API years ago.

[...]

To be honest xp is still a really good os especially for older games.

Win7 still has some of the xp features like a real midi mapper etc.

And while I have sorted out most issues on 10 there are still a few things I like in win7.

I like how the explorer shell behaves especially some of the copy dialogs.

And in xp I like the simplicity of the interface.

For the net, win10 is good for that.

<nasrinkhaksar3@gmail.com>:
[...]

To be honest due to skype being like it is while I will still use it if I need to, I have actually had not a lot of issue with it.

Where I must and its not often I give out my mobile number.

Otherwise its no real loss, timezones mean I have to try to juggle my hours round a bit, and in europe/us, its better to handle times during my night or in the case of the us my afternoon.

Morning timezones are well just not going to work like that.

On 18/07/2019 9:00 PM, Ralf Kefferpuetz wrote:
[...]

yes, xp is the simplest operating system in the world that i used until now.

<nasrinkhaksar3@gmail.com>:
[...]

That's in your own personal world. Its simply dead out of date OS.
No matter how colorful you try to picture it. its still a dead OS for
most of us.
And please stop advertising for a far gone OS, it benefit's no one.
there are a lot seeking support here.
And The way you keep repeating the same old song, XP this and XP that,
is at least distracting for some, If not annoying, and ends up with a
hijacked thread argument,
about who loves and hates some OS release .

<nasrinkhaksar3@gmail.com>:
[...]

Curtis Delzer

I believe I actually got XP back in 2000.

Curtis Delzer
HS
K 6 V F O
Rialto, CA

curtis@calweb.com

<nasrinkhaksar3@gmail.com>:
[...]

David Csercsics

I’m surprised that your computer still runs if it’s old enough to have shipped with XP. I’d guess you couldn’t update most things, and that if you got new hardware it’s likely to run badly, if at all.