Topics

Problem Retrieving Ordered Material

Christopher Gray

Hello:

I have tried multiple times to get an answer out of Tech Support with no luck.
So, maybe somebody here knows the definitive answer. These are products both
purchased in midJune from the nvaccess website but for whatever reason I have
never received information about how to retrieve them.

I paid $46.26 for the MS Outlook Training for NVDA (eBook) (AUD $30)

Receipt #5222469298897420

I paid $53.37 for Basic Training for NVDA (Downloadable Audio) (AUD $45)

Receipt #1265475612516056

These purchases were made on June 19, and Tech Support verifies they were made.
For some reason though, they do not provide me information on how to get the
materials.

I hope somebody here knows how to do this.

Thank you.

Chris

Greg Wocher

Hello,
When you purchased the materials did you create a username and password for your account with the shop? If you did there is a my account link on the page. Click on it and log in. Your purchased items should be there for you to download.

Greg Wocher

On Jul 19, 2019, at 4:14 PM, Christopher Gray <chris@...> wrote:

Hello:

I have tried multiple times to get an answer out of Tech Support with no luck.
So, maybe somebody here knows the definitive answer. These are products both
purchased in midJune from the nvaccess website but for whatever reason I have
never received information about how to retrieve them.

I paid $46.26 for the MS Outlook Training for NVDA (eBook) (AUD $30)

Receipt #5222469298897420

I paid $53.37 for Basic Training for NVDA (Downloadable Audio) (AUD $45)

Receipt #1265475612516056

These purchases were made on June 19, and Tech Support verifies they were made.
For some reason though, they do not provide me information on how to get the
materials.

I hope somebody here knows how to do this.

Thank you.

Chris

Are you saying that there is no link provided in the receipts themselves or under separate cover in a distinct e-mail message after payment was received?

That's the most common way to provide purchasers of downloadable material, whether books, programs, or audio, a way to get it after payment has been received.  Most often the URL has some ungodly long key associated with it, unless you end up having to enter your receipt number, or something similar, to make the download commence.

The color of truth is grey.

           ~ André Gide

Christopher Gray

There's no link on the receipt and I veceived no email about the purchases
being made for some reason. NV tech support shows though that the purchases
were made. It's just a matter of finding them.

I do have an NVDA account but unfortunately have to reset the password since I
haven't used it for months. Just waiting for the email with the reset link.

Chris

On Fri, 19 Jul 2019, Brian Vogel
via Groups.Io wrote:

Are you saying that there is no link provided in the receipts themselves or under separate cover in a distinct e-mail message after payment was received?

That's the most common way to provide purchasers of downloadable material, whether books, programs, or audio, a way to get it after payment has been received.  Most often the URL has some ungodly long key associated with it, unless you end up having to enter your receipt number, or something similar, to make the download commence.

*The color of truth is grey.*

~ André Gide

Have you considered Annual Giving or including a gift to Missouri Council of the Blind in
your Will or Estate Plan? Contact me as shown below and I can help you with this.

Christopher Gray, Executive Director
Missouri Council of the Blind

5453 Chippewa
St. Louis, MO 63109
Phone: (314) 832-7172
Toll-free: (800) 342-5632
Fax: (314) 832-7796

Like Jazz? Want to know more about jazz?
Tune into "A Journey into Jazz" with the Jazz Guys on the Global Voice, Chris and Don.
Listen live each Wednesday at 00:00 Utc, 7:00 P.M. Eastern, 4:00 P.M. Pacific
Find us by going to theglobalvoice.info/broadband.pls.
Can't listen live? go to theglobalvoice.info and choose the "Listen to
Past Shows" link any time during the week after each live broadcast.
You can also go to the link www.jazzguys.libsyn.com for the podcasts!
Or, subscribe to us through iTunes or TuneIn Radio.

Christopher Gray

To clarify just a bit further, I did receive a Paypal receipt. Having just
reviewed it with a fine toothed comb, I can say for certain it contains no link
to a downloadable product that I can find.

Chris

via Groups.Io wrote:

[...]

Luke Davis

On Fri, 19 Jul 2019, Christopher Gray wrote:

There's no link on the receipt and I veceived no email about the purchases
Have you looked through your spam/junk folder? That may be your local spam/junk folder, or the IMAP version provided by your mail provider (outlook.com, in your case, which may be Exchange based, not sure).

Luke

Well, if you can't find these materials for download in your NVDA Account, I cannot imagine that NVAccess support will not help you out with this if you can provide (and clearly you can) proof of purchase.

If you must get in touch again I'd try info@... as my first point of contact, as this really isn't a technical support issue in the conventional sense.

The color of truth is grey.

           ~ André Gide

Christopher Gray

Yes, I have reviewed my junk email folder. I found nothing related to my
purchases assuming this might come from something with NVDA in the name or
contain the word downoad.

One note from nvda.support did go into my junk email which is helpful. Odd,
because all other emails came to my inbox.

Chris

On Fri, 19 Jul 2019, Luke
Davis via Groups.Io wrote:

[...]

Likely it would have come from nvaccess.org.
Or might have NV Access (with a space) in it.
Perhaps try searching for those.

Luke

On Fri, 19 Jul 2019, Christopher Gray wrote:

Yes, I have reviewed my junk email folder. I found nothing related to my
purchases assuming this might come from something with NVDA in the name or
contain the word downoad.

Quentin Christensen

Hi Chris,

As well as the PayPal receipt, you should have received an automatic email from us with the download links.  Once you log into your account, you should be able to go to downloads (note that's downloads in your account, not the download page for NVDA itself). That page is https://www.nvaccess.org/my-account/downloads/ and from there you should be able to download everything you have purchased.

Do let me know if you have any problems.

Kind regards

Quentin