strange problem with NVDA

Diego Ricardo Matos <diegoricardomatosm4@...>

Hello guys!
My friend has a very strange problem with NVDA:
Pressing ctrl + alt + n or clicking on the desktop shortcut displays
the following error message:
the specified program requires a newer version of windows
NVDA has already been reinstalled, all program files and settings
deleted in% appdata% but nothing has changed.
It is running Windows 10, I don't know exactly, but at least it's
October 2018 and NVDA 2019.1.1.
What can be done?

What happens if you try to fire up NVDA from its native folder under Program Files (x86)?

If it works from there, then this is a problem with the shortcut, which needs to be re-created.

The color of truth is grey.

           ~ André Gide