strange problem with NVDA

What happens if you try to fire up NVDA from its native folder under Program Files (x86)?

If it works from there, then this is a problem with the shortcut, which needs to be re-created.

The color of truth is grey.

           ~ André Gide

Diego Ricardo Matos <diegoricardomatosm4@...>

Hello guys!
My friend has a very strange problem with NVDA:
Pressing ctrl + alt + n or clicking on the desktop shortcut displays
the following error message:
the specified program requires a newer version of windows
NVDA has already been reinstalled, all program files and settings
deleted in% appdata% but nothing has changed.
It is running Windows 10, I don't know exactly, but at least it's
October 2018 and NVDA 2019.1.1.
What can be done?