Topics

Add-on Update 19.08.1 released with bug fixes #addonrelease

Hi all,

Add-on Updater 19.08.1 is now available. This version registers Control Usage Assistant for update checks and resolves an issue where you could not check for updates for certain add-ons with unexpected update channels set (NVDA would do nothing or play error tones).

Note: this update will install on NVDA 2019.1, but I recommend using this add-on with 2019.2. Add-on Updater 19.09 will require NVDA 2019.2.

Cheers,

Joseph

Arlene

, I’ll go get it.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Add-on Updater 19.08.1 is now available. This version registers Control Usage Assistant for update checks and resolves an issue where you could not check for updates for certain add-ons with unexpected update channels set (NVDA would do nothing or play error tones).

Note: this update will install on NVDA 2019.1, but I recommend using this add-on with 2019.2. Add-on Updater 19.09 will require NVDA 2019.2.

Cheers,

Joseph

Christo Vorster

Hi Joseph

Could you please post the link to download Add-on Updater 19.09. I somehow lost the add-on.

Thanks

Christo Vorster (South Africa)

Add-on Updater 19.08.1 is now available. This version registers Control Usage Assistant for update checks and resolves an issue where you could not check for updates for certain add-ons with unexpected update channels set (NVDA would do nothing or play error tones).

Note: this update will install on NVDA 2019.1, but I recommend using this add-on with 2019.2. Add-on Updater 19.09 will require NVDA 2019.2.

Cheers,

Joseph

Hi,

Version 19.09 isn’t out yet – won’t be available until late August at the earliest so folks can at least give NVDA 2019.2 a test drive. However, 19.08.1 can be downloaded from:

https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/addonUpdater.en.html

From there, select stable version, and Add-on Updater will be ready for download.

Cheers,

Joseph

Could you please post the link to download Add-on Updater 19.09. I somehow lost the add-on.

Thanks

Christo Vorster (South Africa)

Add-on Updater 19.08.1 is now available. This version registers Control Usage Assistant for update checks and resolves an issue where you could not check for updates for certain add-ons with unexpected update channels set (NVDA would do nothing or play error tones).

Note: this update will install on NVDA 2019.1, but I recommend using this add-on with 2019.2. Add-on Updater 19.09 will require NVDA 2019.2.

Cheers,

Joseph

Christo Vorster

Thanks, I installed it.

Could you please post the link to download Add-on Updater 19.09. I somehow lost the add-on.

Thanks

Christo Vorster (South Africa)

Add-on Updater 19.08.1 is now available. This version registers Control Usage Assistant for update checks and resolves an issue where you could not check for updates for certain add-ons with unexpected update channels set (NVDA would do nothing or play error tones).

Note: this update will install on NVDA 2019.1, but I recommend using this add-on with 2019.2. Add-on Updater 19.09 will require NVDA 2019.2.

Cheers,

Joseph

will this give updates to addons compatible with python 3?

On 8/16/19, Joseph Lee <@joslee> wrote:
Hi,

Version 19.09 isn't out yet - won't be available until late August at the
earliest so folks can at least give NVDA 2019.2 a test drive. However,
19.08.1 can be downloaded from:

https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/addonUpdater.en.html

From there, select stable version, and Add-on Updater will be ready for
download.

Cheers,

Joseph

Add-on Updater 19.08.1 is now available. This version registers Control
Usage Assistant for update checks and resolves an issue where you could not
check for updates for certain add-ons with unexpected update channels set
(NVDA would do nothing or play error tones).

Note: this update will install on NVDA 2019.1, but I recommend using this
add-on with 2019.2. Add-on Updater 19.09 will require NVDA 2019.2.

Cheers,

Joseph

@austin
follow me on twitter.
austinmpinto
contact me on skype.
austin.pinto3

Hi,
Yes and no. Yes, as long as add-ons are listed on community add-ons website, and no, anything hosted outside of the website (including some add-on releases which as marked as Python 3 alpha) cannot be checked.
Cheers,
Joseph

Add-on Updater 19.08.1 is now available. This version registers
Control Usage Assistant for update checks and resolves an issue where
you could not check for updates for certain add-ons with unexpected
update channels set (NVDA would do nothing or play error tones).

Note: this update will install on NVDA 2019.1, but I recommend using
this add-on with 2019.2. Add-on Updater 19.09 will require NVDA 2019.2.

Cheers,

Joseph

@austin
follow me on twitter.
austinmpinto
contact me on skype.
austin.pinto3

Jarek.Krcmar

Hi, I have downloaded and installed Nvda-Addon-Updater.

Does it update Nvda Automatically?

Jarek
Dne 16.08.2019 v 8:33 Christo Vorster napsal(a):

Thanks, I installed it.

Could you please post the link to download Add-on Updater 19.09. I somehow lost the add-on.

Thanks

Christo Vorster (South Africa)

Add-on Updater 19.08.1 is now available. This version registers Control Usage Assistant for update checks and resolves an issue where you could not check for updates for certain add-ons with unexpected update channels set (NVDA would do nothing or play error tones).

Note: this update will install on NVDA 2019.1, but I recommend using this add-on with 2019.2. Add-on Updater 19.09 will require NVDA 2019.2.

Cheers,

Joseph

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi

Only add ons for the nvda screen reader that are compatible with the nvda updater. Not the older add ons from other websites.

nVDA has its own built in updater. it is found under help then check for update.

Gene nz