Von: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> Im Auftrag von Rob
Hudson
Gesendet: Freitag, 16. August 2019 19:36
An: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Betreff: [nvda] Word 2016: All Documents say Read Only

NVDA 2019.2, Word 2016, Windows 10.
Every document, new or previously saved, says read only at every cursor
movement key. The documents are not actually read only.
I've gone into advanced NVDA settings and ticked the box Use UI Automation
to access Microsoft Word document controls when available And this had no
effect.
Thoughts?

Rob Hudson

This started when those settings were disabled. Notice that I said:
I've gone into advanced NVDA settings and ticked the box Use UI Automation
to access Microsoft Word document controls when available And this had no
effect.
you must disable UIA in Word in NVDA settings / advanced settings.

Best
Adriani

Every document, new or previously saved, says read only at every cursor
movement key. The documents are not actually read only.
I've gone into advanced NVDA settings and ticked the box Use UI Automation
to access Microsoft Word document controls when available And this had no
effect.
Thoughts?

Is it possible that somehow Protected View has been re-enabled by default (and for everything in this case)?

Worth taking a look, and these instructions will get you to where you need to look:  Adjusting Protected View Settings in MS-Office Programs

The color of truth is grey.

           ~ André Gide

Rob Hudson

That did the trick, Brian, thanks.

Is it possible that somehow Protected View has been re-enabled by default (and for everything in this case)?

Worth taking a look, and these instructions will get you to where you need to look: Adjusting Protected View Settings in MS-Office Programs ( https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B98uELZbPFnOSHIyWXUzRnFkdmc )

*The color of truth is grey.*

~ Andrť Gide