Topics

YNT: [nvda] downloading a file using NVDA

Engin Albayrak <mealbayrak@...>

Alt+n is not working in non English sistems. F6 is alternative key.

Kimden: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] Yerine Gene
Tarih: 24 Kasım 2016 Perşembe 21:36
Kime: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Konu: Re: [nvda] downloading a file using NVDA

This has nothing to do with screen-readers.  If a file downloads, it's because of the browser settings you are using.  If it is customary to use control n to move to the information bar in your browser to download, do it regardless of screen-reader being used.  Whether you hear something spoken that you are used to with the other screen-reader or not, the information bar and the commands to use it are Internet Explorer commands, not screen-reader commands.  If people learn to discriminate between screen-reader commands and windows and program commands, it will avoid confusion when using a different screen-reader and it will build confidence when using a different screen-reader that you won't have to learn nearly as much in the transition as you may have thought.

Gene----- Original Message -----

Sent: Thursday, November 24, 2016 12:07 PM

Subject: Re: [nvda] downloading a file using NVDA

In general, when you hit a download button, the file will download,
(though nvda gives no indication of this) To find it, just go look in
your downloads folder, or open the downloads view in the browser.  This
took some getting used to for me, but to be honest, I kind of like it
now, since it doesn't interrupt my browsing experience, I just hit the
download button, then continue reading through the page, and when all is
finished, I can then go check the status of the downloads.