WP Gutenberg needs testers.

Wordpress added this new editor a while ago but it was not accessible. This write up explains more but the gist of it is that, frankly, blind people were not considered when building this new editor so now they are trying to retrofit accessibility into an already made editor. You can still use the Classic editor, both on .org and .com but the classic editor will be going away on both websites in 2022. December, I was told.

Anyway, they need testers. No, this is not paid. The below post explains what needs to be done to get this new editor. it is not available to anybody using wordpress.com yet, just self-hosted sites on .org. I've included the Github page below as well.

Gutenberg needs testers post.

The relevant issue on GitHub. I'd suggest leaving your comments there so it can be tracked easier.

Marco Oros

It is good idea, because I have tested It in Wordpress.com and It is not very accessible.

Well with the accessability tests I did with wpaccess team, gutenberg was all sorts of unfinnished that well.

Its supposed to be better, and those that got it wrong were told off, however, there is a classical editor plugin for wordpress about which I use.

As long as it is maintained I will not be well using that.

To be honest, as long as I can use wordpressmobile and don't have to rely on the weird wordpress site thats fine.

If it doesn't, at least for my blog, I will probably switch to blogger which is google  or go back to livejournal but with all the issues with hacks, and adds I wander if I should try to get a wordpress client to write my posts in though I have no idea what is accessible.

On 18/08/2019 2:48 AM, Robert Kingett wrote:

Wordpress added this new editor a while ago but it was not accessible. This write up explains more but the gist of it is that, frankly, blind people were not considered when building this new editor so now they are trying to retrofit accessibility into an already made editor. You can still use the Classic editor, both on .org and .com but the classic editor will be going away on both websites in 2022. December, I was told.

Anyway, they need testers. No, this is not paid. The below post explains what needs to be done to get this new editor. it is not available to anybody using wordpress.com yet, just self-hosted sites on .org. I've included the Github page below as well.

Gutenberg needs testers post.

The relevant issue on GitHub. I'd suggest leaving your comments there so it can be tracked easier.

There is blogging by email, for people using .com, and not .org. That link is below. I'm amazed they didn't kill the below feature like so many others have. Knocks on wood.

The post by email page

I have post by email setup on a site I blog to, however if you do that its just a text dump.

all those > signs, all the links are just a text dump.

Its a crappy way to post and I only do that if I am transfering text about but its not at all a niice way to read.

I have not heard anything from wordpress accessability about gutenburg6 so either they don't know about it or we havn't been asked to test it.

I really do hope they know what they are doing.

On 19/08/2019 5:26 AM, Robert Kingett wrote:

There is blogging by email, for people using .com, and not .org. That link is below. I'm amazed they didn't kill the below feature like so many others have. Knocks on wood.

The post by email page

Jackie

U can do it from a self-hosted wordpress site as well, if desired. Not
particularly something I'd recommend.

I have post by email setup on a site I blog to, however if you do that
its just a text dump.

all those > signs, all the links are just a text dump.

Its a crappy way to post and I only do that if I am transfering text
about but its not at all a niice way to read.

I have not heard anything from wordpress accessability about gutenburg6
so either they don't know about it or we havn't been asked to test it.

I really do hope they know what they are doing.

On 19/08/2019 5:26 AM, Robert Kingett wrote:

There is blogging by email,
<https://en.support.wordpress.com/post-by-email/> for people using

The post by email page <https://en.support.wordpress.com/post-by-email/>