FW: [ttz] For Joseph NVDA and amazon.com

Gene

Trying another browser might solve the problem.  Or the following might also solve the problem:
Tab to the go button or search button or whatever it's called after typing your search.  I don't know if browse mode will be on or off at that point.  I don't use automatic turning of browse mode off and on so I don't know.  but make sure whether it's off or on.  use the command numpad insert space or insert space.  Either one will work.  It's a toggle.  Repeat the command if necessary until you hear something like browse off.  or you may hear a sound of some sort.  I turn off the sounds and I don't know what you will hear indicating that browse mode is on or off.  There is a different sound for each.  When you are sure its off, press enter or the space bar on the button.  If one doesn't work, try the other.  I don't know what is causing the problem but this is not typical behavior.  You might also try the NVDA bypass command before activating the button, though that shouldn't make any difference if you have followed my instructions correctly.

Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, November 25, 2016 6:31 PM
Subject: FW: [nvda] FW: [ttz] For Joseph NVDA and amazon.com

From: the-tech-zone@groups.io [mailto:the-tech-zone@groups.io] On Behalf Of Holger Fiallo
Sent: Friday, November 25, 2016 4:31 PM
To: the-tech-zone@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] FW: [ttz] For Joseph NVDA and amazon.com

Well I use IE 11. I have no issues with jaws and window eyes in amazon.com When I am in the search box and enter on it to activate it nothing happens. This is an NVDA issue. Again JAWS and Window Eyes works with the page. I can not even enter on the links.

Sent: Friday, November 25, 2016 6:25 PM

Subject: FW: [nvda] FW: [ttz] For Joseph NVDA and amazon.com

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Friday, November 25, 2016 4:15 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] FW: [ttz] For Joseph NVDA and amazon.com

I didn't see any way to e-mail this person.  My suggestion is to try another browser.  I don't know what the problem is but it is not expected and there may be some sort of compatibility problem between the browser and NVDA in this case that isn't generally seen.  Also, my question is what command is being used for search and does it work on other sites?  We shouldn't assume anything.  The message implies that search works on other sites.  But this should be verified.  So if you don't have another browser installed, my question should be considered first.  In other words, is this just a problem on one web site and what command is being used?

Gene

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Friday, November 25, 2016 2:30 PM

Subject: [nvda] FW: [ttz] For Joseph NVDA and amazon.com

Hi,

Anyone help this person please? Thanks.

From: the-tech-zone@groups.io [mailto:the-tech-zone@groups.io] On Behalf Of Holger Fiallo
Sent: Friday, November 25, 2016 12:14 PM
To: the-tech-zone@groups.io
Subject: [ttz] For Joseph NVDA and amazon.com

FYI. Still not working withiwth with amazon.com can not do search. I have to turn off NVDA and use the 45 minute demo of JAWS. Not nice specially when I want to see for any deal in amazon.
Holger Fiallo