Nvda portable version

Jarek.Krcmar

Hi all in this group,

I created portable version on usb flashdisk, but I found out, that the installer did not create the folder Nvda. I want the portable version uninstall from usb, but the uninstaller does not work.

I found this message:

Error launching installer

--
Jarek

There is no uninstaller for a portable version.   You just delete it.

If you had nothing else on that drive, then open the drive, create a folder named NVDA, then select all else on the drive and move it to that folder.

If you want the drive space available again then just delete the files on it or format it again.

The color of truth is grey.

           ~ André Gide

Gene

Create a folder on the thumb drive just as you would anywhere.  If the files are the only thing on the drive, select all with control a. Then cut them, control x, open the folder, and paste them there, control v.
The files will all now be in a folder.  You don't use the installer on the portable version.  Just delete the files.

I have said before that it is not good practice for the installer not to create a folder when it is creating the portable version.  This is an example of why.

I experimented once to make sure if a folder is created and it isn't.  the files were splattered all over the folder I was creating the portable version in, along with all the other subfolders and other unrelated files in that folder.

Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2019 9:08 AM
Subject: [nvda] Nvda portable version

Hi all in this group,

I created portable version on usb flashdisk, but I found out, that the
installer did not create the folder Nvda. I want the portable version
uninstall from usb, but the uninstaller does not work.

I found this message:

Error launching installer

--
Jarek

Jarek.Krcmar

Hi Brian,

thank for your message.

When I opened Nvda Portable, I have found the file Uninstall.exe.

When I pressed key Enter, it was to me offered to uninstall Nvda from my computer.

But I canselled it.

Jarek
Dne 22.08.2019 v 16:20 Brian Vogel napsal(a):

There is no uninstaller for a portable version.   You just delete it.

If you had nothing else on that drive, then open the drive, create a folder named NVDA, then select all else on the drive and move it to that folder.

If you want the drive space available again then just delete the files on it or format it again.

The color of truth is grey.

           ~ André Gide

Luke Davis

That is intended to remove an installed copy of NVDA from a system, not to remove the portable copy.
Frankly, it shouldn't be available in the portable copy.
To remove a portable copy, you just delete it.

In my opinion, we should probably try to get this situation changed in a future version, perhaps by storing files not needed by portable in zips or the like.
Or even just having them put in a folder and renamed to non-executable.

Luke

On Fri, 23 Aug 2019, Jarek.Krcmar wrote:

thank for your message.
When I opened Nvda Portable, I have found the file Uninstall.exe.
When I pressed key Enter, it was to me offered to uninstall Nvda from my computer.
But I canselled it.

Jarek.Krcmar

Thank you Luke for message.

Jarek