Google Drive and NVDA and Windows

Dan Beaver

Hi,

I am trying to setup google drive on my Win 10 laptop.  I have downloaded the "backup and synch" program from google and have installed it.  However, when I click on the Backup and synch app it does nothing that I can tell.

Has anyone else been successful in installing this thing and using it?

Thanks.

--
Dan Beaver (KA4DAN)

Abbie Taylor

If you've already installed Google Back-up and Sync, just go to your desktop and click on Google Drive. It opens just like Windows Explorer, and you can browse and manage files from there. I hope that helps.
--
Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author
http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com

Dan Beaver

Hi,

The problem is that Google Drive doesn't show up either on the desktop or in the app list.  I see docs, sheets and some others but not drive.

thanks.

Dan Beaver

On 8/23/2019 7:40 PM, Abbie Taylor wrote:
If you've already installed Google Back-up and Sync, just go to your desktop and click on Google Drive. It opens just like Windows Explorer, and you can browse and manage files from there. I hope that helps.
--
Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author
http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com
http://abbiescorner.wordpress.com
abbietaylor945@...
--
Dan Beaver (KA4DAN)

David Moore

Hi Dan!

If you enter on your name, users, Google Drive is there with your documents and downloads folders and so on!

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

The problem is that Google Drive doesn't show up either on the desktop or in the app list.  I see docs, sheets and some others but not drive.

thanks.

Dan Beaver

On 8/23/2019 7:40 PM, Abbie Taylor wrote:

If you've already installed Google Back-up and Sync, just go to your desktop and click on Google Drive. It opens just like Windows Explorer, and you can browse and manage files from there. I hope that helps.
--
Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author
http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com
http://abbiescorner.wordpress.com
abbietaylor945@...

--
Dan Beaver (KA4DAN)

Dan Beaver

Hi Dave,

I did a search on my system and there is no google drive folder anywhere on my laptop.  I wish there was. ;)

Maybe I just need to do the install all over again.

Thanks.

Dan Beaver

On 8/23/2019 10:35 PM, David Moore wrote:

[...]

I tried the installation of google backup and sync once and it is totally inaccessible.

I would say, even after you have installed the backup and sync, you need to first login and make basic setup before the sync can work.
However the UI of the window is not accessible with NVDA, in case you need to set up , I think it pretty much require someone who can see to help you go through the initial set up process.

David Moore 於 24/8/2019 10:35 寫道:

[...]

I agree, yes you can log in but the sync settings menus just don't work anyway, and the program puts a window on screen all the time and it crashes, why google doesn't make this work we will never know.