NVDA and Kurzweil 1000

kelby carlson

Does NVDA work with Kurzweil 1000? When I try to do OCR on a PDF, the arrow keys and other navigation keys seem to do nothing.

Vincent Le Goff <vincent.legoff.srs@...>

As for scanning PDF I use ScanSoft Omnipage myself.  Instead of running just OCR it converts the PDF file into a nice TXT file you can then browse.  But of course, the tool in question is not cheap, far from it.

On 8/25/2019 2:41 PM, kelby carlson wrote:
Does NVDA work with Kurzweil 1000? When I try to do OCR on a PDF, the arrow keys and other navigation keys seem to do nothing.

Richard Turner <richardturner42@...>

Have you checked the NVDA Addons to see if there is something for Kurzweil?
I don't have Kurzweil so have never checked.

Richard

🖖 Live long and prosper

As for scanning PDF I use ScanSoft Omnipage myself.  Instead of running just OCR it converts the PDF file into a nice TXT file you can then browse.  But of course, the tool in question is not cheap, far from it.

On 8/25/2019 2:41 PM, kelby carlson wrote:
Does NVDA work with Kurzweil 1000? When I try to do OCR on a PDF, the arrow keys and other navigation keys seem to do nothing.

I use The NFB Reader. For some unknown reason I cannot open pdf files in K1000.

--
Nevzat Adil
Library of Congress Certified Braille Proofreader

David Griffith

Yes Kurzweil works with NVDA though for best results you need to mute speech in one of the applications as they will otherwise talk together.

I normally just use NVDA plus s to toggle speech off whilst in Kurzweil.

Specifically I have just opened a PDF in Kurzweil using NvDA and after muting speech with NVDA the document read perfectly normally in Kurzweil using arrow keys and other expected commands.

This is with Win 10, Kurzweil 14 desktop version and latest NVDA.

I do not use the Windows 10 app version of Kurzweil so cannot comment on this.

David Griffith

David Griffith

Sent from Mail for Windows 10