Topics

Firefox Browse & Focus Mode

Babcock LDPVI

I am really struggling to toggle between the browse and focus mode when using Firefox. The shortcut "insert + spacebar" doesn't work. Has anyone else experienced this and found a solution,

Thanks,

hi.
you can press tab to navigate between focus and brows mode.
God bless you.

On 11/29/16, Babcock LDPVI <babcockldpvi@...> wrote:
I am really struggling to toggle between the browse and focus mode when
using Firefox. The shortcut "insert + spacebar" doesn't work. Has anyone
else experienced this and found a solution,

Thanks,
holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is:
al-islam.org

Gene

It depends on how NVDA is set to work.  Tab will not change between browse mode on or off unless you are moving from a field that requires forms mode to a part of the page that doesn't when using default settings.  there is nothing inherent in pressing tab that changes modes.

At this point, there is too much we don't know.  When you use the space bar and NVDA key commands to switch between modes, by default, NVDA makes a sound.  It doesn't announce the mode you are switching to.  It makes different sounds for the two modes.  We don't know what is occurring in this case.  Is a switch being made and then moving around the page changing that switch?  If so, settings in browse mode settings should be changed to not make such changes automatic.  Are changes occurring but they aren't recognized for what they are because of the use of sounds rather than speech to tell the user what is occurring?  Are the commands just not working?

We need details to address the problem.

Sent: Tuesday, November 29, 2016 9:14 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Firefox Browse & Focus Mode

hi.
you can press tab to navigate between focus and brows mode.
God bless you.

On 11/29/16, Babcock LDPVI <babcockldpvi@...> wrote:
> I am really struggling to toggle between the browse and focus mode when
> using Firefox. The shortcut "insert + spacebar" doesn't work. Has anyone
> else experienced this and found a solution,
>
> Thanks,

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is:
al-islam.org

Chris Mullins

Hi

When you press NVDA+spacebar, does your computer make a sound or announce ‘Browse Mode’/’Focus Mode’?

Cheers

Chris