Topics

Recording a meeting on Skype

Morne van der Merwe

Hello list,

I am running the latest version of Skype, NVDA and Windows 10.

Is it possible to record a Skype meeting?

Regards

Morné

Luke Davis

On Mon, 26 Aug 2019, Morne van der Merwe wrote:

Is it possible to record a Skype meeting?
It's been years since I've done this, but it certainly used to be. There were programs called "Skype Recorder" and the like, that would be very clever and record your voice to the left channel, and the other party to the right, so you could do easier editing later.

However I don't know if any of that is still around, although it probably is.

But, all you really need to be able to do, is record whatever is coming out of your computer's sound card. You can do that for free with Audacity.
Here is a helpful link:

https://www.howtogeek.com/217348/how-to-record-the-sound-coming-from-your-pc-even-without-stereo-mix/

Regards,

Luke

John Isige

You can record with Skype, assuming you're using the latest. That's been
possible for almost a year now.

https://blogs.skype.com/news/2018/09/04/introducing-skype-call-recording-now-you-can-capture-save-and-share-special-moments/