number of emails not spoken in outlook

Mr. Ed <pinky14@...>

Hi,

I am a new user to NVDA. I am using Outlook 2010 and when I arrow down my list of folders NVDA does not announce how many emails are in the folder. Is this an issue with nvda?

Mr. Ed

Richard Turner <richardturner42@...>

Sadly, that feature is not there.
Maybe someone will write an addon.
Later,

Richard

Always look out for #1, and be careful not to step in #2.

On Aug 26, 2019, at 12:59 PM, Mr. Ed <pinky14@...> wrote:

Hi,

I am a new user to NVDA. I am using Outlook 2010 and when I arrow down my list of folders NVDA does not announce how many emails are in the folder. Is this an issue with nvda?

Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed <pinky14@...>

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the info. I am a very new user of nvda and I am trying to figure out what workds in nvda and the different between Jaws and nvda.

Mr. Ed

Always look out for #1, and be careful not to step in #2.

On Aug 26, 2019, at 12:59 PM, Mr. Ed <pinky14@...> wrote:

Hi,

I am a new user to NVDA. I am using Outlook 2010 and when I arrow down my list of folders NVDA does not announce how many emails are in the folder. Is this an issue with nvda?

Mr. Ed

Quentin Christensen

It's a known bug in Outlook.  The workaround that I'm aware of, is instead of using CONTROL+Y, if you press CONTROL+SHIFT+TAB to move to the list of folders, and arrow through that, it will report the unread count for each folder.

We have an open issue on our tracker for it, but I don't have a timeline for a fix: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/5068

Regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Cearbhall O'Meadhra

Quentin,

I have always used CONTROL+SHIFT+TAB to move around the folders as you describe in your recent message. Last week, I reset my Outlook2016  and now CONTROL+SHIFT+TAB only shows index, Sent Items and Delete. What should I do to get this keystroke to deliver all my folders again? I prefer to use this key combination as Control+Y is awkward to find with my left hand.

All the best,

Cearbhall

[...]

Ralf Kefferpuetz

Control-6 (number row) gives you back your folder panel so control-shift-tab will show you all of your folders.

Cheers,

  Ralf

[...]

Dennis L <dennisl1982@...>

Yes it is.  It has been since 2015.  It really needs fixed.