Topics

NVDA and Sonar

Shaun Oliver

Hi all, is there a working add-on for Cakewalk Sonar?

I wish to resume my audio production and recording, and sonar is the best software I've seen thus far. Moreover, it is software I am familiar with and enjoy working with.

any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Jaffar Sidek

Hi.  Here you go. https://www.dropbox.com/s/0t18ddgo19w06sx/sonar-0.1.nvda-addon?dl=1

Shout if you nee any help with this.  Cheers!

On 8/27/2019 8:52 AM, Shaun Oliver wrote:
Hi all, is there a working add-on for Cakewalk Sonar?

I wish to resume my audio production and recording, and sonar is the best software I've seen thus far. Moreover, it is software I am familiar with and enjoy working with.

any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Shaun Oliver

hi, just tried installint the add-on, it gave me an error message saying unable to install add-on. I'm not sure why this might be the case.

On 27/08/2019 10:30, Jaffar Sidek wrote:
Hi. Here you go. https://www.dropbox.com/s/0t18ddgo19w06sx/sonar-0.1.nvda-addon?dl=1

Shout if you nee any help with this.  Cheers!

On 8/27/2019 8:52 AM, Shaun Oliver wrote:
Hi all, is there a working add-on for Cakewalk Sonar?

I wish to resume my audio production and recording, and sonar is the best software I've seen thus far. Moreover, it is software I am familiar with and enjoy working with.

any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

cecropia64

question.?? what is sonar??? i realize it is an addon but what is it and what does it do?

stew

On 8/26/2019 10:19 PM, Shaun Oliver wrote:
hi, just tried installint the add-on, it gave me an error message saying unable to install add-on. I'm not sure why this might be the case.

On 27/08/2019 10:30, Jaffar Sidek wrote:
Hi. Here you go. https://www.dropbox.com/s/0t18ddgo19w06sx/sonar-0.1.nvda-addon?dl=1

Shout if you nee any help with this.?? Cheers!

On 8/27/2019 8:52 AM, Shaun Oliver wrote:
Hi all, is there a working add-on for Cakewalk Sonar?

I wish to resume my audio production and recording, and sonar is the best software I've seen thus far. Moreover, it is software I am familiar with and enjoy working with.

any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Shaun Oliver

Cakewalk Sonar is a piece of software known as a DAW. Desktop Audio Workstation.

it allows one to record, edit and manipulate audio and midi for the purposes of creating music. and whatnot.

On 27/08/2019 11:50, cecropia64 wrote:
question.?? what is sonar??? i realize it is an addon but what is it and what does it do?

stew

On 8/26/2019 10:19 PM, Shaun Oliver wrote:
hi, just tried installint the add-on, it gave me an error message saying unable to install add-on. I'm not sure why this might be the case.

On 27/08/2019 10:30, Jaffar Sidek wrote:
Hi. Here you go. https://www.dropbox.com/s/0t18ddgo19w06sx/sonar-0.1.nvda-addon?dl=1

Shout if you nee any help with this.?? Cheers!

On 8/27/2019 8:52 AM, Shaun Oliver wrote:
Hi all, is there a working add-on for Cakewalk Sonar?

I wish to resume my audio production and recording, and sonar is the best software I've seen thus far. Moreover, it is software I am familiar with and enjoy working with.

any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

cecropia64

got it.?? thanks for the info

On 8/26/2019 10:25 PM, Shaun Oliver wrote:
[...]

accessible tech malayalam

hi friends i need to know more about accessibility of this sound editor and how to use it if you have any tutorial or instructions available kindly send.

Jaffar Sidek

Which version of NVDA are you using?  Mine is 19.2

On 8/27/2019 10:19 AM, Shaun Oliver wrote:
hi, just tried installint the add-on, it gave me an error message saying unable to install add-on. I'm not sure why this might be the case.

On 27/08/2019 10:30, Jaffar Sidek wrote:
Hi. Here you go. https://www.dropbox.com/s/0t18ddgo19w06sx/sonar-0.1.nvda-addon?dl=1

Shout if you nee any help with this.  Cheers!

On 8/27/2019 8:52 AM, Shaun Oliver wrote:
Hi all, is there a working add-on for Cakewalk Sonar?

I wish to resume my audio production and recording, and sonar is the best software I've seen thus far. Moreover, it is software I am familiar with and enjoy working with.

any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Jaffar Sidek

It is a Digital audio work station that allows you to record and produce music on your pc.  Cheers!

On 8/27/2019 10:20 AM, cecropia64 wrote:
question.?? what is sonar??? i realize it is an addon but what is it and what does it do?

stew

On 8/26/2019 10:19 PM, Shaun Oliver wrote:
hi, just tried installint the add-on, it gave me an error message saying unable to install add-on. I'm not sure why this might be the case.

On 27/08/2019 10:30, Jaffar Sidek wrote:
Hi. Here you go. https://www.dropbox.com/s/0t18ddgo19w06sx/sonar-0.1.nvda-addon?dl=1

Shout if you nee any help with this.?? Cheers!

On 8/27/2019 8:52 AM, Shaun Oliver wrote:
Hi all, is there a working add-on for Cakewalk Sonar?

I wish to resume my audio production and recording, and sonar is the best software I've seen thus far. Moreover, it is software I am familiar with and enjoy working with.

any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Jaffar Sidek

Or is it 19.2.2? these version nunmbers confuse me.  Cheers!

On 8/27/2019 10:42 AM, Jaffar Sidek via Groups.Io wrote:
Which version of NVDA are you using?  Mine is 19.2

On 8/27/2019 10:19 AM, Shaun Oliver wrote:
hi, just tried installint the add-on, it gave me an error message saying unable to install add-on. I'm not sure why this might be the case.

On 27/08/2019 10:30, Jaffar Sidek wrote:
Hi. Here you go. https://www.dropbox.com/s/0t18ddgo19w06sx/sonar-0.1.nvda-addon?dl=1

Shout if you nee any help with this.  Cheers!

On 8/27/2019 8:52 AM, Shaun Oliver wrote:
Hi all, is there a working add-on for Cakewalk Sonar?

I wish to resume my audio production and recording, and sonar is the best software I've seen thus far. Moreover, it is software I am familiar with and enjoy working with.

any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Shaun Oliver

I'm using 2019.2

I have a feeling there may be a file missing elsewhere, but, I am unsure where it might be missing from.

On 27/08/2019 12:12, Jaffar Sidek wrote:
Which version of NVDA are you using?  Mine is 19.2

On 8/27/2019 10:19 AM, Shaun Oliver wrote:
hi, just tried installint the add-on, it gave me an error message saying unable to install add-on. I'm not sure why this might be the case.

On 27/08/2019 10:30, Jaffar Sidek wrote:
Hi. Here you go. https://www.dropbox.com/s/0t18ddgo19w06sx/sonar-0.1.nvda-addon?dl=1

Shout if you nee any help with this.  Cheers!

On 8/27/2019 8:52 AM, Shaun Oliver wrote:
Hi all, is there a working add-on for Cakewalk Sonar?

I wish to resume my audio production and recording, and sonar is the best software I've seen thus far. Moreover, it is software I am familiar with and enjoy working with.

any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Jaffar Sidek

It works with my version of NVDA, which is the same as yours.  .

On 8/27/2019 11:35 AM, Shaun Oliver wrote:
[...]

this is the error I get.

Error Failed to install add-on from C:\Users\beehi\Downloads\sonar-0.1(1).nvda-addon

is there a log file I can look at to see if I can find out what went wrong?

On 27/08/2019 13:40, Jaffar Sidek wrote:
[...]

oh, never mind, I found it. this is what I got.

ERROR - addonHandler.installAddonBundle (13:44:59.365):
task 'onInstall' on addon 'sonar' failed
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "addonHandler\__init__.pyo", line 237, in installAddonBundle
  File "addonHandler\__init__.pyo", line 462, in runInstallTask
  File "C:\Users\beehi\AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons\sonar.pendingInstall\installTasks.py", line 135, in onInstall
WindowsError: [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified
ERROR - gui.addonGui.installAddon (13:44:59.388):
Error installing  addon bundle from C:\Users\beehi\Downloads\sonar-0.1(1).nvda-addon
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "gui\addonGui.pyo", line 552, in installAddon
  File "gui\__init__.pyo", line 913, in __init__
AddonError: Installation failed

On 27/08/2019 13:46, Shaun Oliver via Groups.Io wrote:
[...]

I have no idea why you can't install the sonar NVDA addon.  Maybe you would like to search on google and download the Addon from it's original site?  Cheers!