Possibility of supporting Microsoft Equation?

Hi list,

I'm really glad that NVDA has finally supported reading math symbols, namely math symbols created using MathType. But I wonder, will NVDA be able to natively read and edit equations and symbols created from Microsoft Equation Editor in future releases? That would be nice if NVDA could support reading math out of the box, without having to install any additional software.

Quentin Christensen

Ideally, we'd like to be able to support this.  I know we've run into problems attempting to read math equations in Word.  For now, only equations using MathType / MathPlayer by Design Science are readable.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training Material Developer

Direct: +61 413 904 383
www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess

David Moore

Yes,

Thank you for bringing this up. I tutor some math, and I need to read math equations and even calculus a lot. It would be like a dream come true if NVDA could read any math in any editor or anywhere.

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

[...]

Hi David,

It does work in MathType / MathPlayer from Design Science: http://www.dessci.com/en/products/mathtype/

MathPlayer / MathType work in Word, but using their own editor, not the original Microsoft Word editor.

On Fri, Dec 2, 2016 at 10:22 AM, David Moore <jesusloves1966@...> wrote:

[...]

Thanks a lot.

I will give that a try!

I have heard about Math player, but I have not experimented with it yet.