From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of George Kerscher
Sent: Sunday, September 1, 2019 11:40 PM
To: NVDA Discussion list <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Subject: [nvda] NVDA and spell checking in Notepad++

Hello NVDA folks,

My first post as I convert from JFW.

I have installed the DSpellChecker plugin in Notepad++. My son confirms words that are misspelled are underlined, but I do not know how to get NVDA to alert me to the misspelled/underlined word.

Help welcome.

Best

George

David Griffith

I don’t use Notepad ++ but the normal way NVDA indicates spelling error sounds is through the Document formatting panel.

Use NVDA Control  and D to bring up that dialogue and make sure that indicate spelling errors is checked amongst the many options hosted there.

David Griffith

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

I have installed the DSpellChecker plugin in Notepad++. My son confirms words that are misspelled are underlined, but I do not know how to get NVDA to alert me to the misspelled/underlined word.

Help welcome.

Best

George

Hi George. I’ve played around with Notepad++ but not with that plugin.

You could try the built-in typing spell checker in windows if you haven’t already. It works in a similar way to how autocorrect  suggestions work on smartphones. The nice thing about it is that it works everywhere, and you can navigate suggestions with the left/right arrow keys.

Casey Mathews

WebFriendlyHelp.com: Makin’ your tech life easy!

I have installed the DSpellChecker plugin in Notepad++. My son confirms words that are misspelled are underlined, but I do not know how to get NVDA to alert me to the misspelled/underlined word.

Help welcome.

Best

George

George Kerscher

Hi Rick, Yep, I have been with DAISY since 1997!

David, the document formatting is not working in Notepad++. The spell checking is working, but a bit slow to activate I hit Alt+p, down arrow to spell check, enter then , f for find next, enter, and I am taken to the next spelling error. Then activate the context menu and the suggestions are there.

Casey, I have the Windows spelling option enabled. Settings, device, typing, and the options seem to be enabled. However, in Notepad++ I do not see any effect.

Best

George

It would be nice if there was a hot key for a dialogue that would walk through the document to each error. If there