Previous version of NVDA

Igor Kaplan

Hi all.

  Would like to ask please if it is possible to download the prior version of NVDA somewhere?

  I am using the slack chat application at work and it was working perfectly fine with last version of NVDA, however after version 2019.2 installation I started to have problems with that, it does not read chat messages.

  Would greatly appreciate, if someone could please point me to the older version download.

Thanks.

  Igor.

Rui Fontes

https://www.nvaccess.org/files/nvda/releases/2019.1/nvda_2019.1.exe

Rui
Fontes
NVDA portuguese team

On Wed, Sep 4, 2019 at 10:38 AM, Rui Fontes wrote:
https://www.nvaccess.org/files/nvda/releases/2019.1/nvda_2019.1.exe
Rui,

         Does there exist a page accessible by "the general public" where one can browse for older versions of NVDA.   I have had occasion to want to do this in the past.  I thought I'd try the URL you gave, cutting it off at "releases,"  but if you try to go directly to that page you get a 403 Forbidden message.  You even get the forbidden message if you cut off only the executable file name at the end.

              There are plenty of legitimate reasons one might wish to acquire an old, even long out of support version of NVDA.   Is there a central repository where these can be easily downloaded?

The color of truth is grey.

           ~ André Gide

brian,
i tried the link and it worked perfectly.
unfortunately i did not find direct archive for selecting and downloading nvda,
but i copied and stored the link for my favorite version which is 2017.2
and just change the number if i try to test any version!

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens

Adriani Botez

Just search for.nvda on www.filehorse.com

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 04.09.2019 um 19:42 schrieb zahra <nasrinkhaksar3@gmail.com>:

[...]

Quentin Christensen

There isn't a page listing old versions presently, although since it seems to be something people want, we are working on it.  In the meantime, we have added the link to 2017.3 back to the download page for those using XP.

Regards

Quentin.

On Thu, Sep 5, 2019 at 12:49 AM Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:
[...]

Training and Support Manager

Quentin Christensen

Hi Igor,

By the slack chat application, do you mean Slack: https://slack.com/intl/en-au/  Are you using the web version or the downloadable client?  (And if web, in which browser?)

If you could send me a copy of your log from when you experience the issue before you downgrade NVDA, I can look into it.  Perhaps ideally at debug level (as nothing is crashing by the look of it, it just isn't reading?)

Also, do try the usual things - restarting with add-ons disabled, ensuring you have rebooted the computer, etc.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Thu, Sep 5, 2019 at 12:29 AM Igor Kaplan <igorkaplan45@...> wrote:

Hi all.

  Would like to ask please if it is possible to download the prior version of NVDA somewhere?

  I am using the slack chat application at work and it was working perfectly fine with last version of NVDA, however after version 2019.2 installation I started to have problems with that, it does not read chat messages.

  Would greatly appreciate, if someone could please point me to the older version download.

Thanks.

  Igor.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

hi quentin.
as i said in my previous email,

i copied and stored the link for my favorite version which is 2017.2
and just change the number if i try to test any version!
but i really appreciate if you can add a link which archive all
versions of nvda with direct download link.
i observed this beautiful event in numerous opensource programs and
wish to see about nvda too!
God bless you and his infinite mercy i pray for you!

Web: www.nvaccess.org