Weird powerpoint issue

Sile

Hello all

I have recently been getting a weird powerpoint error, that only happens when I am projecting (either using HDMI or VGA).

When I switch to 'slideshow' view of a presentation, NVDA says 'slideshow complete' and doesn't allow me to read the content of my slides.  However, I can hit space or enter and the slides will advance as normal for anyone viewing the presentation.

I have my display set to mirror, but it doesn't seem to matter what it is set to.

I am using windows 10, and I am running Powerpoint2016.

--Sile

Sile

Result, the problem was the PowerPoint was in presenter mode, we’re NVDA as always had issues reading the text of the current slide.

Sile

On Sep 5, 2019, at 12:27 PM, Sile via Groups.Io <somodhrain=googlemail.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hello all

I have recently been getting a weird powerpoint error, that only happens when I am projecting (either using HDMI or VGA).

When I switch to 'slideshow' view of a presentation, NVDA says 'slideshow complete' and doesn't allow me to read the content of my slides. However, I can hit space or enter and the slides will advance as normal for anyone viewing the presentation.

I have my display set to mirror, but it doesn't seem to matter what it is set to.

I am using windows 10, and I am running Powerpoint2016.

--Sile

Quentin Christensen

I haven't got a projector handy, but at a guess, your slideshow is using "Presenter view".  Microsoft have a page on it here:  https://support.office.com/en-us/article/present-on-multiple-monitors-and-view-speaker-notes-privately-ccfa1894-e3ef-4955-9c3a-444d58248093

Briefly though, it lets you read the speaker notes for the current slide on your laptop, while showing the slide itself on the external screen.  If you haven't written any speaker notes, you probably won't get much information on the laptop.

You can turn presenter mode off before starting your slideshow (or possibly during it, I'm not sure) by pressing ALT+S for the slide show ribbon, then V to toggle the "Use presenter view" checkbox.

Regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Sile

Yes, that’s what we figured out.

On Sep 5, 2019, at 7:51 PM, Quentin Christensen <quentin@...> wrote:

[...]

Yep, I didn't see your other post before I replied :)