Buttons and links not reading.

Chantelle Buys

Afternoon everyone.

I had to reinstall windows and now that it's up to date again I've
found that NVDA won't do the following.

1. It doesn't read buttons for instance it doesn't say compose button
or link download. It only reads the buttons and links without saying
if it is a button or link.

Also, it doesn't say editable when you get to an edit box.

Is there a setting that I have to change?

Thanks.

Chantelle

--
Never give up, at any cost.

Brian Moore

Hi.  What browser are you using?

I have never seen this behavior and I can't think of a setting to turn those control types off?

Did it work when you first re-installed the system and then stopped?

Happy to try and help.

Brian.

Contact me on skype: brian.moore
follow me on twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/bmoore123

On 2019-09-06 9:46 a.m., Chantelle Buys wrote:
Afternoon everyone.

I had to reinstall windows and now that it's up to date again I've
found that NVDA won't do the following.

1. It doesn't read buttons for instance it doesn't say compose button
or link download. It only reads the buttons and links without saying
if it is a button or link.

Also, it doesn't say editable when you get to an edit box.

Is there a setting that I have to change?

Thanks.

Chantelle

Chantelle Buys

Hi Brian.

It did it from the first time I've reinstalled windows.

Microsoft Edge won't work with NVDA and so, I'm using Google Chrome.

Chantelle.

This also happens in other programs like KasperSky or anything that I
want to install.

Chantelle

On 2019-09-06 9:46 a.m., Chantelle Buys wrote:
Afternoon everyone.

I had to reinstall windows and now that it's up to date again I've
found that NVDA won't do the following.

1. It doesn't read buttons for instance it doesn't say compose button
or link download. It only reads the buttons and links without saying
if it is a button or link.

Also, it doesn't say editable when you get to an edit box.

Is there a setting that I have to change?

Thanks.

Chantelle

--
Never give up, at any cost.

Brian Moore

Hi Chantelle.

This is very odd.  Haave you tried with narrator as well as nvda and do you get the same behavior?

I suspect you will.

I am happy to try and help with nvda remote if you have that.  if not, I can explain how to get it.

If you like.

On 2019-09-06 9:46 a.m., Chantelle Buys wrote:
Afternoon everyone.

I had to reinstall windows and now that it's up to date again I've
found that NVDA won't do the following.

1. It doesn't read buttons for instance it doesn't say compose button
or link download. It only reads the buttons and links without saying
if it is a button or link.

Also, it doesn't say editable when you get to an edit box.

Is there a setting that I have to change?

Thanks.

Chantelle

Chantelle Buys

Hi.

Well, narrator says link and button.

I hate narrator though, drives me up a wall.

I can download the NVDA remote then you can see what it does.

On 2019-09-06 9:46 a.m., Chantelle Buys wrote:
Afternoon everyone.

I had to reinstall windows and now that it's up to date again I've
found that NVDA won't do the following.

1. It doesn't read buttons for instance it doesn't say compose button
or link download. It only reads the buttons and links without saying
if it is a button or link.

Also, it doesn't say editable when you get to an edit box.

Is there a setting that I have to change?

Thanks.

Chantelle

--
Never give up, at any cost.

Ralf Kefferpuetz

Pls try to go to the NVDA menu, T for tools and then run the Run COM Registration Fixing tool from there, reboot and see if it solved the issue.

On 2019-09-06 9:46 a.m., Chantelle Buys wrote:
Afternoon everyone.

I had to reinstall windows and now that it's up to date again I've
found that NVDA won't do the following.

1. It doesn't read buttons for instance it doesn't say compose
button or link download. It only reads the buttons and links
without saying if it is a button or link.

Also, it doesn't say editable when you get to an edit box.

Is there a setting that I have to change?

Thanks.

Chantelle

--
Never give up, at any cost.

Chantelle Buys

Hi.

I've run Run COM Registration Fixing tool but, I'm still having the
same problem.

Chantelle

On 2019-09-06 9:46 a.m., Chantelle Buys wrote:
Afternoon everyone.

I had to reinstall windows and now that it's up to date again I've
found that NVDA won't do the following.

1. It doesn't read buttons for instance it doesn't say compose
button or link download. It only reads the buttons and links
without saying if it is a button or link.

Also, it doesn't say editable when you get to an edit box.

Is there a setting that I have to change?

Thanks.

Chantelle

--
Never give up, at any cost.

--
Never give up, at any cost.

Gene

You may have to repair Windows or reinstall it.  I don't know which may be more likely to correct the problem.

Sent: Friday, September 06, 2019 12:54 PM

--
Never give up, at any cost.

Chantelle Buys

Hi.

I just finnished reinstalling windows this morning and updating it. My
windows was corrupted and I had no choice but to reinstall windows.

Chantelle

On 2019-09-06 9:46 a.m., Chantelle Buys wrote:
Afternoon everyone.

I had to reinstall windows and now that it's up to date again I've
found that NVDA won't do the following.

1. It doesn't read buttons for instance it doesn't say compose
button or link download. It only reads the buttons and links
without saying if it is a button or link.

Also, it doesn't say editable when you get to an edit box.

Is there a setting that I have to change?

Thanks.

Chantelle

--
Never give up, at any cost.

--
Never give up, at any cost.

--
Never give up, at any cost.

Gene

I remember you said you reinstalled it.  That doesn't mean something didn't go wrong in the installation.  If you can't find a solution, you may have to try a reinstallation again.

Sent: Friday, September 06, 2019 1:09 PM

--
Never give up, at any cost.

Chantelle Buys

Hi.

No way I'm doing that again anytime soon.

I'm going to try to reinstall NVDA instead.

Our internet here in the middle of nowhere aren't reliable and if it
is a windows thing again, I just have to make do with what I have
right now.

Microsoft does have some big problems on their end since the last
windows update. The BeMyEyes team can't keep up with all the problem
reporting they have been getting from blind users. I was told that
this update has been giving everyone a headache lately.

Chantelle

On 2019-09-06 9:46 a.m., Chantelle Buys wrote:
Afternoon everyone.

I had to reinstall windows and now that it's up to date again I've
found that NVDA won't do the following.

1. It doesn't read buttons for instance it doesn't say compose
button or link download. It only reads the buttons and links
without saying if it is a button or link.

Also, it doesn't say editable when you get to an edit box.

Is there a setting that I have to change?

Thanks.

Chantelle

--
Never give up, at any cost.

--
Never give up, at any cost.

--
Never give up, at any cost.

--
Never give up, at any cost.

Jackie

Chantelle, please try going to ease of access center, then click on
"use the computer without a display", & let's see if that helps.

On 2019-09-06 9:46 a.m., Chantelle Buys wrote:
Afternoon everyone.

I had to reinstall windows and now that it's up to date again I've
found that NVDA won't do the following.

1. It doesn't read buttons for instance it doesn't say compose
button or link download. It only reads the buttons and links
without saying if it is a button or link.

Also, it doesn't say editable when you get to an edit box.

Is there a setting that I have to change?

Thanks.

Chantelle

--
Never give up, at any cost.

--
Never give up, at any cost.

--
Never give up, at any cost.

--
Never give up, at any cost.

Chantelle Buys

Hi.

No such luck.

I've tried using internet explorer as well and although it does say
editable on google's page, it still won't tell me when I'm on a
button. It does say search but, not button before it says search so,
on a strange page I have to guess if it is a link or button.

Chantelle

On 2019-09-06 9:46 a.m., Chantelle Buys wrote:
Afternoon everyone.

I had to reinstall windows and now that it's up to date again I've
found that NVDA won't do the following.

1. It doesn't read buttons for instance it doesn't say compose
button or link download. It only reads the buttons and links
without saying if it is a button or link.

Also, it doesn't say editable when you get to an edit box.

Is there a setting that I have to change?

Thanks.

Chantelle

--
Never give up, at any cost.

--
Never give up, at any cost.

--
Never give up, at any cost.

--
Never give up, at any cost.

Never give up, at any cost.

Chantelle Buys

Hi guys.

I've just tried the portable version of NVDA and it does say buttons
and links before the link or button.

This is a copy that I made in March.

Chantelle

On 2019-09-06 9:46 a.m., Chantelle Buys wrote:
Afternoon everyone.

I had to reinstall windows and now that it's up to date again
I've
found that NVDA won't do the following.

1. It doesn't read buttons for instance it doesn't say compose
button or link download. It only reads the buttons and links
without saying if it is a button or link.

Also, it doesn't say editable when you get to an edit box.

Is there a setting that I have to change?

Thanks.

Chantelle

--
Never give up, at any cost.

--
Never give up, at any cost.

--
Never give up, at any cost.

--
Never give up, at any cost.

to:
wp4newbs-request@freelists.org with 'subscribe' in the Subject field OR
by
& check out my sites at www.brighter-vision.com &
www.mysitesbeenhacked.com

--
Never give up, at any cost.

--
Never give up, at any cost.

You probably got that damn optional update then support told you to reinstall windows.

Sadly windows10 at least from latest release or even before in some situations is not as atable like it once was.

The fact, that I was reduced from a good system to a total reformat to make a problem go away which is not generated by me is proof that windows as a serviced os has some disadvantages.

I am not saying go back to the older model but I do think for those that want it there should be an lts windows like mozilla stuff is.

That way you could get the latest lts, even have an option use it and update security till you had to update to the latest.

And while I don't mind the twice yearly updates, after my experience, I could go back to the older system way of doing things I think.

On 2019-09-06 9:46 a.m., Chantelle Buys wrote:
Afternoon everyone.

I had to reinstall windows and now that it's up to date again I've
found that NVDA won't do the following.

1. It doesn't read buttons for instance it doesn't say compose
button or link download. It only reads the buttons and links
without saying if it is a button or link.

Also, it doesn't say editable when you get to an edit box.

Is there a setting that I have to change?

Thanks.

Chantelle

--
Never give up, at any cost.

--
Never give up, at any cost.

Chantelle Buys

Hi.

Is there some way to use some of the portable NVDA files for the installed NVDA?

The portable one which is also an older version does say link or
button before reading the link or button however, the latest portable
version of NVDA has the same problem as the installed version of NVDA.

Chantelle