Topics

Equalizer

Ame

Hi all!  Still on the lookout for an NVDA user friendly  eq.  Thanks to Jaffar Sidek for his kindness in sharing info on Equalizer APO but I don’t have the programming smarts to operate that one.  There are too many variables I know nothing about.  Can anybody recommend one that you just open and use the little sliders to tweak various bands?  My Realtek HD eq’s good but I’m having trouble dumbing down a couple frequencies.  Try to turn those down and it boosts others and makes everything sound like you’ve got cups over the speakers.  Lol  Thanks for your help in advance.

What setting are you using on the Realtek?   They've generally got a "Custom" that allows all controls to be operated independently of each other.

The color of truth is grey.

           ~ André Gide

Ame

Well, I’ve tweaked so many of them it’s hard to remember which ones I set where.  I’d like to shave off a little more between 400 and 600 hz.  Doesn’t  seem to wanna do that for me without making something else weird happen.  No distortion or anything but it seems to want to make something else stick out.  I’ve fine tuned it as much as I can.  I know those are the frequencies I needed to tone down because I’ve experimented with stuff in Audacity and I got the desired result.  Don’t need much, just a little bit… five, maybe six db?

Ame,

          If you want me to try to do a "deep dive" into this, and you can provide screen shots, let's take this to the Chat Subgroup, as it really has nothing to do with NVDA.

The color of truth is grey.

           ~ André Gide