looking for an raml editor that works with nvda

Alexandre Alves Toco

Hi friends!

Does any one know about na raml editor that Works with nvda?

I tried aton. But it seems very inaccessible.

Enviado do Email para Windows 10

Notepad++ supports YAML, of which RAML is an offshoot.  You might be able to get away with that.  There could very well be a RAML plug-in, too.

The color of truth is grey.

           ~ André Gide

Luke Davis

It's just an extension of YAML. And as such text. Any text editor should be able to do it basically, and if you want something better, I'm sure you could use Notepad Plus Plus. Writing any kind of YAML should be easy enough for any Python developer's coding environment--indenting is king, after all.

Luke

--
Luke Davis

John Isige

I didn't know what RAML was, so I went and looked. I still haven't found
an example of what it looks like, but from the home page:  "RAML lets
you see what your API looks like as you design it, using easy to read
plain text. Without having to write a single line of code you can not
only perfect your API design, but also create a fully functional mock
for customers, partners, or even your own internal engineers to review
and build off of." So why do you need an editor for it? It sounds like
any old text editor should work just fine. Here's an example, looks like
plain text to me.

https://github.com/raml-org/raml-examples/blob/master/others/tutorial-jukebox-api/jukebox-api.raml

Here's a basic tutorial, again, it looks like plain text and even
mentions using any random text editor.

https://dzone.com/articles/raml-basic-fundamentals-tutorial

On 9/15/2019 7:49, Alexandre Alves Toco wrote:

Hi friends!

Does any one know about na raml editor that Works with nvda?

I tried aton. But it seems very inaccessible.

Enviado do Email <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> para
Windows 10

On Sun, Sep 15, 2019 at 07:34 PM, John Isige wrote:
it looks like plain text and even mentions using any random text editor.
Well, there are lots of things that fit this description, and for which any text editor "would work."

That being said, using "any text editor" often results in some pretty awful looking code that's hard to follow, both by oneself when reviewing it much later, or by others who didn't read it.

Specialized text editors such as Notepad++, and there are others, exist to automatically enforce either coding rules and/or formatting conventions common to a specific programming language.  They're a very good programmer's aid and catch all kinds of "easy to make" errors that can be difficult to find at times just by trying to read through one's own code.

The color of truth is grey.

           ~ André Gide

John Isige

Oh sure. I'm not trying to imply there's no point to anything
specialized, e.g. an IDE. I'm just saying, you don't necessarily need
anything special for writing the language either. FYI the site mentions
plugins for other programs, so there might be a plugin for Notepad++ or
Eclipse, which I think is also accessible.

On 9/15/2019 18:55, Brian Vogel wrote:
[...]

Yes, it is plain text. But with na ide I would have syntax check, maybe code format and na easy way to correct the erros.