Using OCR To Retrieve Text From Images

Ibrahim Ajayi

Hi good people:
I don't know how to use OCR to extract text from an image. When I get
an attachment in PDF format, and I have to open it, in many cases, I
cannot go through it, because, I am sometimes told that the material
is a scanned image which might need OCR, or it is a an empty document.
Some times I hear the name of the document read, and the sentence
Adobe acrobat reader, not responding.
I have OCR on my computer, but I just don't know how to use it to
perform this task, that is getting such a material read.
Hope you understand my problem.
Hope to read a solution from you lovely chaps.
Ibrahim.

Rui Fontes

What OCR do you have on your computer?

Rui Fontes

Às 01:43 de 17/09/2019, Ibrahim Ajayi escreveu:

Hi good people:
I don't know how to use OCR to extract text from an image. When I get
an attachment in PDF format, and I have to open it, in many cases, I
cannot go through it, because, I am sometimes told that the material
is a scanned image which might need OCR, or it is a an empty document.
Some times I hear the name of the document read, and the sentence
Adobe acrobat reader, not responding.
I have OCR on my computer, but I just don't know how to use it to
perform this task, that is getting such a material read.
Hope you understand my problem.
Hope to read a solution from you lovely chaps.
Ibrahim.

Kerryn Gunness

tell me more about NVDA's OCR feature using NVDA and r