Topics

ESET INTERNET SECURITY AND NOD32 ANTIVIRUS

Stephen Thacker

Hi, can Quentin or anyone on this list give me help please. None of the buttons in the programme can be read via NVDA but it does tell me what can be done if only I could have the buttons named and when you click on those buttons they would do something as at present when I click on a button NVDA just says ‘button’. Any thoughts please as I’ve used this programme for a while now but just want to see if there are updates and being able to check everything is working to its utmost.

Please don’t ask me to try other internet security and antivirus programmes because I’ve had grief with most of them, the well known ones at any rate and not because I’ve done anything wrong. I have a great giru who comes to fix my pc if anything goes wrong and he recommends Eset Internet Security and Nod32 Antivirus but he does not know much about screen readers and synthetic speech.

Thoughts welcome, Steve

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Chris

Have you tried contacting the software developers of your antivirus to see if there is anything that can be done to make it more accessible?

[...]

George Kerscher

Hi,

I have been using ESET for a long time, but have not had great success. JAWS is a bit better, but not great.

I have had tech support remote in to my computer and check that all the settings are correct.

I think every time we contact support we should nag about accessibility. Also, informing them about NVDA and Narrator would be good.

Best

George