Topics

Changing audio devices

Damien Garwood

Hi there,
Giles's question about progress bars has made me remember a question I've been meaning to ask for some time now.
For some reason, if I change NVDA's audio device, the speech and sound effects are changed instantly, but tones (such as progress beeps) still come from the original device unless I save the settings and restart NVDA.
This has been the case for every NVDA version I have used, so I'm assuming it's not a bug and there is a valid reason for this behaviour?
Cheers,
Damien.

Lukasz Golonka <wulfryk1@...>

Hello,

On Tue, 17 Sep 2019 18:09:34 +0100
"Damien Garwood" <@daygar> wrote:

Giles's question about progress bars has made me remember a question I've been meaning to ask for some time now.
For some reason, if I change NVDA's audio device, the speech and sound effects are changed instantly, but tones (such as progress beeps) still come from the original device unless I save the settings and restart NVDA.
This has been the case for every NVDA version I have used, so I'm assuming it's not a bug and there is a valid reason for this behaviour?

Your assumbtion is incorrect. This is a bug. There are two related reports on the bug tracker:
and

Regards
Lukasz

Luke Davis

There is no valid reason for it, it's just an issue that nobody has taken the time to fix.

It is highly annoying.

Lukasz has already posted the github links to the related issues: please post comments there if you want this to gain some attention.

Luke