Topics

Google G suite with nvda

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi guys

I got asked a question on another list on how well nvda worked with this program.

Question below

how does NVDA work with google G-Suite?
This is the business version of google docs.

I know off my nvda tutorials for other programs page there are some you tube videos  using google docs etc is this different again this suite?

Using NVDA with Google programs by Roger Benz
The following NVDA Youtube tutorials are courtesy of Roger Benz from Google. They cover Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Sheets and Google Slides. To listen to these tutorials, please click on the link following each of the titles below:
Switch to the new Google Drive using a screen reader https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBDxYOR7CFY&feature=youtu.be
Getting started with Google Drive using a screen reader https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDaZgDXBsWI&feature=youtu.be
Getting started with Google Docs using a screen reader https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPzSAqhHqQk&feature=youtu.be
Getting started with Google Sheets using a screen reader https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCYT63b_m88&feature=youtu.be
Getting started with Google Slides using a screen reader https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWZVQ-vldEk&feature=youtu.be
Using the online Gmail client with NVDA
The following audio tutorial has been recorded by Brandon Biggs. To listen to the audio tutorial, please go to the following link https://www.dropbox.com/s/v4s82rtspmin3a1/Using%20the%20Online%20Gmail%20Client%20with%20NVDA.mp3?dl=0

if there are people who use it how accessible is it with nvda?

Gene nz

Bianka Brankovic <bianka.brankovic@...>

Hi all,

I tested GSuite as the company where I work is considering using it.

I found no differences regarding accessibility of Google Mail, Sheets or Docs. Now, I haven’t really done a test of all the functions and there might be some differences to the non-business versions but they weren’t apparent while I tried it.

Thanks and kind regards,

Bianka

Thanks and kind regards,

Bianka

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi Bianka

Thanks for letting me know I passed on what you said to one of my blind friends.

I am not sure if he was still using jaws but inquired about it for a nvda user I think he uses nvda also but has the shark at work but works withwhat works the best.

Gene nz