Topics

Weather_Plus7.1 update available

Adriano Barbieri

Hi to every one,

Important changes in this version 7.1:
• Fixed bug in Removeupdate() during addon restart if the file is set in read only.

Weather_Plus can update itself, however you can download it from the following pages:
http://www.nvda.it/files/plugin/weather_plus7.1.nvda-addon
Or:
https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/Weather_Plus.en.html

I wish thank Noelia, Abdel, Rémy, Zvonimir and all the translators for support this addon.

Greetings
Adriano

Betsy Grenevitch

Once the weather app  is downloaded how does it work? IN other words, what are the keystrokes to use the app. By the way, whoever did the clock app that was discussed recently, I am really enjoying hearing the clock every half hour. It brings back memories of the old cuckoo clock my family used to have.

--
Betsy Grenevitch
678=862-3876

Adriano Barbieri

Hi,

Every addon you install displays a manifest message, you often find all the information you need to use it, often there is also a button that opens the documentation.
If the addon is already installed you can see the manifest by accessing from tools, manage add-ons or from preferences, weather_plus settings, documentation.

Regards
Adriano

Il 21/09/2019 14:14, Betsy Grenevitch ha scritto:

[...]

When I installed the ad-on and it read the help message it did not tell me how to set up an ID or anything like that. I am still very much a novice with things like this and would really appreciate knowing where to find a step=by-step of how to use the program. I would like to thank whoever worked on this program but please realize that some of us are not experts with computers and programs.

On 9/21/2019 8:31 AM, Adriano Barbieri via Groups.Io wrote:

[...]

1. press nvda+control+shift+alt+w.
2. in the edit box digit the city you want to find.
3. press "test" button.
4 if the city is valid you can feel a beep acute, you can now see the details wen press "details" bbutton "Details" and you can set to default the city or simply add to your list withbuttons respectively "Preset" or "Add".
5. Now if you you are satisfied press the button"Ok".
Done!

If you want to learn more about the other features of Weather_Plus you must read the readme.html file you find on the
nvda menu, preferences submenu, weather plus settings, documentation.

Regards
Adriano

Il 21/09/2019 19:32, Betsy Grenevitch ha scritto:

[...]

Thank you for the tip of where to go to do the settings. I just wanted to let you know that the combo box is not really a combo box according to my sighted daughter who is great with teaching blind/visually impaired people things about computers, as you have to type in the city first and then the combo box comes up with the choice of states. That is where I got hung up on finishing the settings. Thank you again for this app. I know I am going to enjoy it.

Betsy from Georgia

On 9/21/2019 1:32 PM, Betsy Grenevitch via Groups.Io wrote:

[...]

That window appears if the city has recurrences in other states or regions, so you can choose the one you want, otherwise it takes what you type.

Regards
Adriano

Il 21/09/2019 19:56, Betsy Grenevitch ha scritto:

[...]

Thank you so much. I have written down these steps. I will see if I can get it working again. I turned off my computer while I was gone and now the weather says I do not have an ID.

Betsy from Georgia

On 9/21/2019 1:54 PM, Adriano Barbieri via Groups.Io wrote:

[...]

I am sorry I am such a bother but for some reason since I turned my computer back on the weather ad--on no longer works. When I go under preferences, weather plus settings, and enter on the one about setting cities it takes me out of there. I cannot even get to the settings I need to set up like I did this morning. I have no idea what I am doing wrong or why it stopped working once the laptop was shut down.

I am using the latest version of NVDA and Windows 10.

I would sure appreciate any help you could give to me.

Also once we get it working again, hopefully someone can help me, where do I have to be to use the keystrokes such as the ones for settings entering a city, etc.?

Maybe I should not have done this but I uninstalled the ad-on and installed it again and still the same problem exists. This is why I am usually afraid to install and set up programs on my own. I was so proud this morning that the only thing I needed my daughter to help me with was to put in the city.

Thank you so much.

Betsy from Georgia

On 9/21/2019 1:56 PM, Betsy Grenevitch via Groups.Io wrote:

[...]

Sarah k Alawami

Check for updates for the add on. Also what other troubleshooting steps have you taken since? I woudl also try a reinstall of said add on as well. And a restart of nvda, the usual troubleshooting steps, also search the ist archives for more info.

and for hosting options go here
to subscribe to the feed click here

On 21 Sep 2019, at 20:29, Betsy Grenevitch wrote:

[...]

It looks like you are running 2 different versions of bWeather_Plus.
The id required was from the old version 5.0, you must instead use the last 7.1.
Let's try to verify this:
1. press Windows key.
2. enter "%appdata%\nvda\addons" without quotation marks and press enter key.
3 Now see if there are more than one named folder with Weather plus or Weather_Plus and let me know that I will tell you how to proceed.

Don't worry, I'll help you.

Regards
Adriano

Il 22/09/2019 05:29, Betsy Grenevitch ha scritto:

[...]

Chris Mullins

Hi Betsy

If, like me, you find the nvda+control+shift+alt+w an extremely difficult keystroke to press, there is an easier way to get to the same place in the Weather Plus Settings, though it’s a slightly longer route.  Try the following:

  1. Open the NVDA menu using NVDA+n
  2. Press the letter p to open the preferences sub-menu
  3. Press the letter s until you find “Weather Plus Settings sub-menu s”, and press enter
  4. Press the letter m to open the “Set and manage your cities” dialog box.

You are now at the same point as if you had pressed the keys in step 1 of Adriano’s instructions

Cheers

Chris

you would have be

[...]

I have a friend who is getting exactly the same problem as Betsy has described.  When trying to use NVDA+w to get the forecast, he get a a message saying his WOE Id is missing, and when he tries to access the “Set and manage your cities” dialog from the Weather Plus Settings menu, Weather Plus just terminates without any error message.

Cheers

Chris

[...]

Can you please send the log of your friend, so i try at least I can understand the problem?
Thanks

Regards
Adriano

Il 22/09/2019 12:34, Chris Mullins ha scritto:

[...]

I am actually the one trying to use it. How do I send a log? This is far above what I know how to do. All I can tell you at this point is when I try to check the weather it says I do not have an ID. Please send me privately if you want to, step by step of how to send you the log.

Thank you so much.

Betsy from Georgia

blindangel61@...

On 9/22/2019 6:42 AM, Adriano Barbieri via Groups.Io wrote:

[...]

Glad to hear I am not the only one with this problem. It was working great before I shut down the computer.

Betsy from Georgia

On 9/22/2019 6:34 AM, Chris Mullins wrote:

[...]

Hi Betsy,

Press nvda menu, tools, view log.
Select all with control+a.
Reply this message and paste the log with control+v and send it.

Adriano

Il 22/09/2019 13:10, Betsy Grenevitch ha scritto:

[...]

I forgot, press control + c after pressing control + a so you copy it to the clipboard.

Il 22/09/2019 13:24, Adriano Barbieri via Groups.Io ha scritto:

[...]

There is only one weather folder but it does not give the version that I can tell. I am leaving now but will be back this afternoon.

Thanks so much for your help.

Betsy from Georgia

blindangel61@...

On 9/22/2019 1:55 AM, Adriano Barbieri via Groups.Io wrote:

[...]

INFO - __main__ (16:30:09.210):
Starting NVDA
INFO - core.main (16:30:10.555):
Config dir: C:\Users\baseb\AppData\Roaming\nvda
INFO - config.ConfigManager._loadConfig (16:30:10.555):
INFO - core.main (16:30:11.395):
NVDA version 2019.2
INFO - core.main (16:30:11.395):
Using Windows version 10.0.18362 workstation
INFO - core.main (16:30:11.395):
Using Python version 2.7.16 (v2.7.16:413a49145e, Mar  4 2019, 01:30:55) [MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)]
INFO - core.main (16:30:11.395):
Using comtypes version 1.1.7
INFO - core.main (16:30:11.395):
Using configobj version 5.1.0 with validate version 1.0.1
INFO - synthDriverHandler.setSynth (16:30:14.993):
Loaded synthDriver eloquence
INFO - core.main (16:30:16.733):
Using wx version 4.0.3 msw (phoenix) wxWidgets 3.0.5
INFO - brailleInput.initialize (16:30:16.743):
Braille input initialized
INFO - braille.initialize (16:30:16.743):
Using liblouis version 3.10.0
INFO - braille.BrailleHandler.setDisplayByName (16:30:16.763):
Loaded braille display driver noBraille, current display has 0 cells.
WARNING - core.main (16:30:16.855):
Java Access Bridge not available
INFO - _UIAHandler.UIAHandler.MTAThreadFunc (16:30:16.926):
UIAutomation: IUIAutomation6
INFO - core.main (16:30:39.141):
NVDA initialized