Topics

THE WEATHER 7.1 ADDON

Stephen Thacker

Hi, when I arrived home late last night, Saturday, I switched on my pc which uses Windows 10 64 bit and the latest version of NVDA and it asked me if I wanted to upgrade from 7.0 to 7.1. I have now the latest version on my pc, but how do I use this addon, ie what keys do I press to get results please?

Thanks for any help, Steve Thacker from the UK.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Chris Mullins

Hi

Once you have set a location, the most frequently used commands are

NVDA+w to read todays forecast

NVDA+Shift+w to read forecast for up to the next 9 days

If you try pressing NVDA+w and you get an error saying the WOE Id is missing, you need to set a location, as follows:

1. Open the NVDA menu using NVDA+n

2. Press the letter p to open the preferences sub-menu

3. Press the letter s until you find “Weather Plus Settings sub-menu s”, and press enter

4. Press the letter m to open the “Set and manage your cities” dialog box.

5. in the edit box, type in your location and postcode in the form CityName, PostCode

6. Tab to and press "test" button.

7 if the location is valid you can hear a beep , tab to the details button and press it to read the location details.

8. you can set the location as  the Preset default or simply add to your list using the appropriate buttons

9. Tab through the other controls, checking options you want to include in the forecast for your location.

10. When done, tab to OK and press enter

If you want to learn more about the other features of Weather_Plus you must read the readme.html file you find on the

nvda menu, preferences submenu, weather plus settings, documentation.

Cheers

Chris

Hi, when I arrived home late last night, Saturday, I switched on my pc which uses Windows 10 64 bit and the latest version of NVDA and it asked me if I wanted to upgrade from 7.0 to 7.1. I have now the latest version on my pc, but how do I use this addon, ie what keys do I press to get results please?

Thanks for any help, Steve Thacker from the UK.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Betsy Grenevitch

I have not been able to set a location yet. I sent out the log that shows it would not launch.

Thanks for these tips. I will write them down.

Betsy from Georgia

--
Betsy Grenevitch
678=862-3876

Betsy Grenevitch

I reinstalled it from the link we received yesterday and am still not able to select a city. This is really strange as it worked yesterday until I shut down the laptop.

Betsy from Georgia

On 9/22/2019 5:46 PM, Betsy Grenevitch via Groups.Io wrote:

[...]

Hi, I have setup the Weather Plus with my city and all the other options I wish to be read within the forecast. However when I press NVDA key with w nothing happens at all so what is the remedy please?

Thanks for any help, Steve

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Hi, when I arrived home late last night, Saturday, I switched on my pc which uses Windows 10 64 bit and the latest version of NVDA and it asked me if I wanted to upgrade from 7.0 to 7.1. I have now the latest version on my pc, but how do I use this addon, ie what keys do I press to get results please?

Thanks for any help, Steve Thacker from the UK.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Chris Mullins

Hi Steve

What synthesizer are you using?

Cheers

Chris

Hi, I have setup the Weather Plus with my city and all the other options I wish to be read within the forecast. However when I press NVDA key with w nothing happens at all so what is the remedy please?

Thanks for any help, Steveh

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Hi, when I arrived home late last night, Saturday, I switched on my pc which uses Windows 10 64 bit and the latest version of NVDA and it asked me if I wanted to upgrade from 7.0 to 7.1. I have now the latest version on my pc, but how do I use this addon, ie what keys do I press to get results please?

Thanks for any help, Steve Thacker from the UK.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Stephen Thacker

Hi, I don’t know, it was the one that I installed when first installing NVDA. If I need to know please tell me how to find out the synthesiser?

Cheers, Steve

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Hi, I have setup the Weather Plus with my city and all the other options I wish to be read within the forecast. However when I press NVDA key with w nothing happens at all so what is the remedy please?

Thanks for any help, Steveh

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Hi, when I arrived home late last night, Saturday, I switched on my pc which uses Windows 10 64 bit and the latest version of NVDA and it asked me if I wanted to upgrade from 7.0 to 7.1. I have now the latest version on my pc, but how do I use this addon, ie what keys do I press to get results please?

Thanks for any help, Steve Thacker from the UK.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Adriano Barbieri

Hi Stephen,

I mean if you press nvda + w does it say absolutely nothing?
Does it also happen with other combinations?
If you activate the input help with nvda + 1 that tells you by pressing the combination nvda + w?

Are you sure there isn't another add-on that uses the same combination?

Thanks

Regards

Adriano

Il 23/09/2019 03:09, Stephen Thacker ha scritto:

Hi, I have setup the Weather Plus with my city and all the other options I wish to be read within the forecast. However when I press NVDA key with w nothing happens at all so what is the remedy please?

Thanks for any help, Steve

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Hi, when I arrived home late last night, Saturday, I switched on my pc which uses Windows 10 64 bit and the latest version of NVDA and it asked me if I wanted to upgrade from 7.0 to 7.1. I have now the latest version on my pc, but how do I use this addon, ie what keys do I press to get results please?

Thanks for any help, Steve Thacker from the UK.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Stephen Thacker

Hi, yes that’s right, it says absolutely nothing. What do you think I should do. I can get the internet forecast for my home town, Long Eaton whereas for The Weather Plus 7.1 I had to choose my city, Nottingham from a list which had a number of US cities before I found the UK one and installed as directed.

Cheers, Steve

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Hi, when I arrived home late last night, Saturday, I switched on my pc which uses Windows 10 64 bit and the latest version of NVDA and it asked me if I wanted to upgrade from 7.0 to 7.1. I have now the latest version on my pc, but how do I use this addon, ie what keys do I press to get results please?

Thanks for any help, Steve Thacker from the UK.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Chris Mullins

Hi Steve

To view/change synthesizers, the command NVDA+Control+s will open the Select synthesizer dialog.  Use NVDA+Control+v to open the speech dialog in which you can select the voice you want. (you can also change synth in this dialog too).  The WeatherPlus addon only voices the weather forecast, it doesn’t present it in a dialog box.  If you have set the option to put the weather forcast on the clipboard, open a text file and try pasting from clipboard.

Cheers

Chris

[...]

Lenron

I hate to chime in on this post asking this question, but where can I
find that cool little addon that allows me to update more than one at
a time.

On 9/23/19, Chris Mullins <cjmullins29@...> wrote:
Hi Steve

To view/change synthesizers, the command NVDA+Control+s will open the Select
synthesizer dialog. Use NVDA+Control+v to open the speech dialog in which
you can select the voice you want. (you can also change synth in this dialog
too). The WeatherPlus addon only voices the weather forecast, it doesn’t
present it in a dialog box. If you have set the option to put the weather
forcast on the clipboard, open a text file and try pasting from clipboard.

Cheers

Chris

Hi, I don’t know, it was the one that I installed when first installing
NVDA. If I need to know please tell me how to find out the synthesiser?

Cheers, Steve

10

Hi, when I arrived home late last night, Saturday, I switched on my pc which
uses Windows 10 64 bit and the latest version of NVDA and it asked me if I
wanted to upgrade from 7.0 to 7.1. I have now the latest version on my pc,
but how do I use this addon, ie what keys do I press to get results please?

Thanks for any help, Steve Thacker from the UK.

10

--
Lenron Brown
Cell: 985-271-2832