Topics

RH Voices NVDA Add-on

Richard Wells

I tried this using the English add-on and the three offered English
voices. They installed, but they do not show in the change synthesizer
dialog under settings/speech. Did I miss a step somewhere?

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi

That would be where you change them I mean the synthesizer to the new one then go to voices.

You need to download the language add on just below it also where you got the previous add on and in my case also I downloaded the alan voice then changed to it.

It is working so you need.

I think it is the main add on the language data one also and a voice.

I am pretty sure as it is working.

Gene nz

On 27/09/2019 10:34 AM, Richard Wells wrote:
I tried this using the English add-on and the three offered English
voices. They installed, but they do not show in the change synthesizer
dialog under settings/speech. Did I miss a step somewhere?

Richard Wells

I installed the language add-on for English, then the four voices and it isn't shown. I've never had this happen with an add-on before.

Hi

That would be where you change them I mean the synthesizer to the new one then go to voices.

You need to download the language add on just below it also where you got the previous add on and in my case also I downloaded the alan voice then changed to it.

It is working so you need.

I think it is the main add on the language data one also and a voice.

I am pretty sure as it is working.

Gene nz

On 27/09/2019 10:34 AM, Richard Wells wrote:
I tried this using the English add-on and the three offered English
voices. They installed, but they do not show in the change synthesizer
dialog under settings/speech. Did I miss a step somewhere?

Kevin Cussick

Hi, I don't think so. OK you downloaded the addon, the voices you might want to use, install the addon first, do not reboot nvda yet, install all voices you might use then restart nvda and you should see the sinth under the sinth settings page select Rh Voice as the sinth then select the voice if it doesn't show up I do not know why. using alpha and stable as well and the addon and voices work.

On 26/09/2019 23:34, Richard Wells wrote:
I tried this using the English add-on and the three offered English
voices. They installed, but they do not show in the change synthesizer
dialog under settings/speech. Did I miss a step somewhere?

Richard Wells

I have installed the English language pack and four voices, but after
restarting NVDA the RH Voices just do not show under change synthesizer.

On 9/27/2019 2:45 PM, Kevin Cussick via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi,   I don't think so.   OK you downloaded the addon,   the voices
you might want to use,   install the addon first,   do not reboot nvda
yet,  install all voices you might use then restart nvda and you
should see the sinth under the sinth settings page select Rh Voice as
the sinth then select the voice if it doesn't show up I do not know
why. using alpha and stable as well and the addon and voices work.

On 26/09/2019 23:34, Richard Wells wrote:
I tried this using the English add-on and the three offered English
voices. They installed, but they do not show in the change synthesizer
dialog under settings/speech. Did I miss a step somewhere?

Kevin Cussick

did addons install OK? if so then I do not know why it is not working for you.

On 27/09/2019 21:45, Richard Wells wrote:
[...]

Add-ons installed without errors.

On 9/27/2019 3:47 PM, Kevin Cussick via Groups.Io wrote:
[...]

Ok, well can't really help you. how ever I had the addon throw up an error but rebooted the machine and it fixed it and now it just works. that is why I asked if you had any error installing the addon.

On 27/09/2019 21:48, Richard Wells wrote:
[...]

john s

Kevin, would it help to install any of this stuff,running as administrator?

At 05:34 PM 9/27/2019, Kevin Cussick via Groups.Io, wrote:
Ok, well can't really help you. how ever I had the addon throw up an error but rebooted the machine and it fixed it and now it just works. that is why I asked if you had any error installing the addon.

On 27/09/2019 21:48, Richard Wells wrote:
Add-ons installed without errors.
On 9/27/2019 3:47 PM, Kevin Cussick via Groups.Io wrote:
did addons install OK? if so then I do not know why it is not working
for you.

On 27/09/2019 21:45, Richard Wells wrote:
I have installed the English language pack and four voices, but after
restarting NVDA the RH Voices just do not show under change synthesizer.

On 9/27/2019 2:45 PM, Kevin Cussick via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi,  I don't think so.  OK you downloaded the addon,  the voices
you might want to use,  install the addon first,  do not reboot nvda
yet, Â install all voices you might use then restart nvda and you
should see the sinth under the sinth settings page select Rh Voice as
the sinth then select the voice if it doesn't show up I do not know
why. using alpha and stable as well and the addon and voices work.

On 26/09/2019 23:34, Richard Wells wrote:
I tried this using the English add-on and the three offered English
voices. They installed, but they do not show in the change synthesizer
dialog under settings/speech. Did I miss a step somewhere?

John

Kevin Cussick

Hi, it might you should not need the sapi5 stuff as it should just work. a bit late reading this sorry. you may hae it working now I hope so it works on all my machines.