Topics

Pop-up messages in Windows 10

Sile

Hello all

I know there is no way to access the text of pop-up notifications in Windows, but is there a shortcut key to make them all go away? The reason I ask is that occasionally when I am presenting using powerpoint one comes along and I don't know how to make it go away ...

--Sile

Sile

Hi

I think I might have found an answer - could someone who can monitor the status of notifications check it?

win+A - open action center

win+A - closes action center and clears notifications.

Does this indeed work?

--Sile

On 2019-09-27 8:30 p.m., Sile via Groups.Io wrote:
Hello all

I know there is no way to access the text of pop-up notifications in Windows, but is there a shortcut key to make them all go away? The reason I ask is that occasionally when I am presenting using powerpoint one comes along and I don't know how to make it go away ...

--Sile

Sascha Cowley

Hi,

I can visually confirm that this does indeed make the notifications disappear off screen. Just note that it doesn't actually "clear" the notifications; they'll still be in the action centre.

Regards,
Sascha

On 28/09/2019 10:36, Sile via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi

I think I might have found an answer - could someone who can monitor the status of notifications check it?

Does this indeed work?

--Sile

Hello all

--Sile

Sile

Thank you Sasha,

Sile

On Sep 27, 2019, at 9:49 PM, Sascha Cowley via Groups.Io <sascha.camille=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi,

I can visually confirm that this does indeed make the notifications disappear off screen. Just note that it doesn't actually "clear" the notifications; they'll still be in the action centre.

Regards,
Sascha

On 28/09/2019 10:36, Sile via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi

Does this indeed work?

--Sile

Hello all

--Sile

David Griffith

If, when you receive a notification, you press Windows A and can the find the offending notification, you will often find a do not disturb type option on the context menu which will say do not notify me of message like this.
I used this to block the constant nagging, for example, from java to update.
David Griffith

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sile via Groups.Io
Sent: 28 September 2019 01:30
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Pop-up messages in Windows 10

Hello all

--Sile

Sascha Cowley

That's a pro security tip right there!

On 29/09/2019 08:18, David Griffith wrote:
If, when you receive a notification, you press Windows A and can the find the offending notification, you will often find a do not disturb type option on the context menu which will say do not notify me of message like this.
I used this to block the constant nagging, for example, from java to update.
David Griffith
-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sile via Groups.Io
Sent: 28 September 2019 01:30
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Pop-up messages in Windows 10

Hello all

--Sile