--Sile

Sile

Hi

I think I might have found an answer - could someone who can monitor the status of notifications check it?

win+A - open action center

win+A - closes action center and clears notifications.

Does this indeed work?

--Sile

On 2019-09-27 8:30 p.m., Sile via Groups.Io wrote:
Hello all

I know there is no way to access the text of pop-up notifications in Windows, but is there a shortcut key to make them all go away? The reason I ask is that occasionally when I am presenting using powerpoint one comes along and I don't know how to make it go away ...

--Sile

Sascha Cowley

Hi,

I can visually confirm that this does indeed make the notifications disappear off screen. Just note that it doesn't actually "clear" the notifications; they'll still be in the action centre.

Regards,
Sascha

On 2019-09-27 8:30 p.m., Sile via Groups.Io wrote:
Hello all

I know there is no way to access the text of pop-up notifications in Windows, but is there a shortcut key to make them all go away? The reason I ask is that occasionally when I am presenting using powerpoint one comes along and I don't know how to make it go away ...

--Sile

Sile

Thank you Sasha,

Sile

On 2019-09-27 8:30 p.m., Sile via Groups.Io wrote:
Hello all

I know there is no way to access the text of pop-up notifications in Windows, but is there a shortcut key to make them all go away? The reason I ask is that occasionally when I am presenting using powerpoint one comes along and I don't know how to make it go away ...

--Sile

David Griffith

If, when you receive a notification, you press Windows A and can the find the offending notification, you will often find a do not disturb type option on the context menu which will say do not notify me of message like this.
I used this to block the constant nagging, for example, from java to update.
David Griffith

I know there is no way to access the text of pop-up notifications in Windows, but is there a shortcut key to make them all go away? The reason I ask is that occasionally when I am presenting using powerpoint one comes along and I don't know how to make it go away ...

--Sile

Sascha Cowley

That's a pro security tip right there!